Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal 3 lounge options

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, scotpoints
What is the breakfast offering in the CX J lounge? Expecting to be there for both breakfast and lunch en route to DEN two weeks today.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by A406toHeathrow
Ok currently sitting in CX F lounge in T3, having started in BA F lounge.

BA lounge had Kosher food available so that was a plus for us. Sat down and ate a hot meal on China plates. For those used to KSML anywhere, this is isnt to be taken for granted!

The BA GF was nice and calm and quiet - not always the case in T5 lounges which I am more used to. As noted by many, a great drinks selection. I'm a whisky lover and there was JW Blue, a good Glenlivet and Gentleman Jack. However, the chairs and decor were definitely tired and some areas were a bit grubby.
Did you have to pre-order the KSML?
Old May 7, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, LY Matmid, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, CX Marco Polo
Originally Posted by sds1493
Did you have to pre-order the KSML?
No. Just went to the dining room and asked what Kosher food they had available. I chose what I wanted and they told me when they would have it heated up by.

When I was in there the only choices were omelette (i.e breakfast!) or herb roasted chicken
Old May 7, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Tried the CX F lounge yesterday.

The food was good, we thought the burger beat the BA burger. I took a look in the J lounge too and it looked good, in fact it looked like it may have a better ambience with a few more bodies in it.

I haven't been to any other lounge at T3 so I can't compare but I have to say I much preferred the look of the new BA Lounges at LGW.

God know what the BA T3 ones just look like if everyone prefers CX, it's fine don't get me wrong but it looks a bit old skool, 80's power office style.

No JW Blue :-(
Old May 8, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Smid
I'd rate AA F over BA J lounge.
Well, yes - champagne upon arrival and seated dining to order. Nothing even close in BA J.

However, that AA lounge is in need of a refit. The dining area feels like an afterthought and the overall layout is poor. CX F is better in every regard IMO.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
I was in the AA J lounge a couple of weeks ago. I know a number of people seem not to like it, but I found in the morning, it seemed superior to BA's J lounge. It wasn't crowded at all, was serviced frequently, and for those of us who don't eat wheat wheat wheat and wheat, they had a buffet that included eggs, bacon, mushrooms; as well as fresh fruit salad, yogurt, cereal and pastries. I've been frustrated by BA's lack of food if you don't like wheat in the morning, and the bacon rolls disappear quite quickly. The toilets were also available and clean (a pet peeve of mine in T5 South lounge).

I'm excited to try the CX lounge on my next trip.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by alastair_actually
What is the breakfast offering in the CX J lounge? Expecting to be there for both breakfast and lunch en route to DEN two weeks today.
I was there last Tuesday, there is an on-call Chinese menu where my colleague had dim-sum, he said it was very good.

There is porridge, toast, pastries, joghurts and biscuits and then an English cooked option with bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, beans and mushrooms. I think there was also a selection of meats and cheeses. For drinks, there were juices, hot drinks machine and a selection of cold drinks in a fridge as well as a waiter serviced bar - the champagne was Moët.

I personally prefer the CX J lounge to the BA one, it is usually quieter and I think has a wider choice of food offerings.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
I was in the AA J lounge a couple of weeks ago. I know a number of people seem not to like it, but I found in the morning, it seemed superior to BA's J lounge. It wasn't crowded at all, was serviced frequently, and for those of us who don't eat wheat wheat wheat and wheat, they had a buffet that included eggs, bacon, mushrooms; as well as fresh fruit salad, yogurt, cereal and pastries. I've been frustrated by BA's lack of food if you don't like wheat in the morning, and the bacon rolls disappear quite quickly. The toilets were also available and clean (a pet peeve of mine in T5 South lounge).
Yes, I've always rated the AA J lounge at breakfast over the BA J lounge purely because it has a buffet breakfast. But there seems some sort steadfast love of the weird little BA bacon rolls here, so not everybody thinks that. Even when they disappear at 9:31 or whatever time they do (I don't even notice, but I believe that was a thing, or 10:31).
Old May 9, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Dan Dan Mien in the CX F lounge was lovely, and just nice as a little filler. Peanut noodles in soup, very tasty!

I didn't notice any self pour champagne in the CX F lounge, then again I suppose I wasn't looking because I hadn't noticed any self pour champers in the HKG Pier F lounge.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Dan Dan Mien in the CX F lounge was lovely, and just nice as a little filler. Peanut noodles in soup, very tasty!

I didn't notice any self pour champagne in the CX F lounge, then again I suppose I wasn't looking because I hadn't noticed any self pour champers in the HKG Pier F lounge.
There is usually a bottle of moet and another of baron de rothschild at the end of the self service bar - the bar is at the far section of the lounge.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
There is usually a bottle of moet and another of baron de rothschild at the end of the self service bar - the bar is at the far section of the lounge.
I've never not seen these bottles be in this location. If the bottles are getting a little empty, one of the very helpful waiters will rustle up a new nicely chilled bottle.

Is it bad form to take the full bottle to my table?
Old May 9, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I've never not seen these bottles be in this location. If the bottles are getting a little empty, one of the very helpful waiters will rustle up a new nicely chilled bottle.

They are there, at the left hand end. Iirc they don't stand as you can only see the necks as they are sunken into a chiller built into the bar?
Old May 9, 2017, 11:21 am

Yes they are unusual but nice. I asked if they were a starter and th elastic said yes. They arrived at the same time as the burger and were actually quite filling on their own
Old May 9, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I will be a bit of a contrarian and state that I prefer to eat in the BA F lounge in T3. The reason? My preferred lounge food is finger sandwiches and BA has them. Nothing fancy, to be sure, but I love sandwiches and those always hit the spot for me. Add in the self-pour Johnnie Walker Blue and the really nice Victoria Sponge cake and I'm pretty happy there.

That said, I do enjoy the CX F lounge for lounging and showering.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd

Same here, they have always been there on the times I visited, even at 6am! They seem to get replaced fairly promptly when empty too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.