Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Ziz
I can't understand why people don't go to the other lounges when they are practically empty!
It keeps the better lounges quieter for us
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Was quite amused on Sunday people to see a crowd of 7 or 8 people scratching their heads and working out why the lift to the Cathay lounge wasn't working.

I pointed out that it was 6.30am and they'd have to wait another hour for it to start working once the lounge opened. It was quite clear on the screen that the opening time was 7.30 on a Sunday, I guess the thought of fresh dim sum clouded their ability to read....
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
I've been attempting to find an answer to my question on FT but haven't found it here on the BA forum. So please forgive me in advance if I somehow missed this information.

We will be flying Club World Europe departing from T3 at LHR to Munich. Besides the Galleries Club lounge, are there any other lounges in T3 we might be allowed to use?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jlemon; Jul 1, 2018 at 10:41 am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jlemon
I've been attempting to find an answer to my question on FT but haven't found it here on the BA forum. So please forgive me in advance if I somehow missed this information.

We will be flying Club World departing from T3 at LHR to Munich. Besides the Galleries Club lounge, are there any other lounges in T3 we might be allowed to use?

Thanks in advance!
munich goes from T5. At T5 it will just be the galleries club lounges you can use.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by KARFA

munich goes from T5. At T5 it will just be the galleries club lounges you can use.
Many thanks! It appears I mixed up MUC with PRG which is where we will depart from back to LHR. And I also meant to say CE and not CW, of course.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: Cunard Platinum, SQ * Silver.
LHR T3 - best lounge with Club Europe boarding pass?

Hi all,

I'm flying out to LIS on Friday from T3 in J at about 8pm. What's the best lounge these days? Plan will be for some food and a few drinks before the flight (after the week from hell I'm having so far).

I think it's a toss up between QF and CX? Would one be noticeably more busy than the other?

Cheers!

(Edit - QF, not QR. I'm not going to T4 )
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Still Cathay, at least as a general rule.

On the specific question, Cathay is likely to be busier but still manageable. Booze might be higher quality in Qantas, and there's a better selection of healthy food there, but unless you're on a diet like me (or an all-booze diet) then Cathay is more relaxing and cossetting.

If you need somewhere quiet to work then the quieter space of Cathay might (inadvertendly) be more private though.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a very detailed thread on this very topic in the Forum's Dashboard, with photos, advice on opening hours and facilities, hints and tips.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Cunard Platinum, SQ * Silver.
After the week I've had an all booze diet sounds decent...

Will head for CX I think. Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I'm probably a bit of a dinosaur (or something), but I really do like the BA Flounge if it's not too busy. Breakfasts are just fine, and the alcohol is good enough for me (including JW Blue) at any time.

But, each to their own.

Oh, and I truly dislike tended bars in airline lounges. Just another obstacle to overcome. Hence, dislike for Qantas.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Recent thoughts on J-level breakfasts in the T3 lounges? From a scan of this thread it looks like CX or Qantas? Would prefer a hot buffet as will have a little one in tow. 10am on a Friday if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
Recent thoughts on J-level breakfasts in the T3 lounges? From a scan of this thread it looks like CX or Qantas? Would prefer a hot buffet as will have a little one in tow. 10am on a Friday if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.
CX by a country mile. You'll get a full English buffet style breakfast until 12 noon.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
CX by a country mile. You'll get a full English buffet style breakfast until 12 noon.
^
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
+ 1

Used to say keep the CX ‘secret’ to yourself. But it’s a long time now since the cat was out of the bag .........

QF as an alternative. Spoilt for choice.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had some time last Saturday so I did a little lounge hopping.

BA Galleries First

Surly agent didn't believe I deserved entry when I handed over a LHR-HEL Club Europe BP. I said "I flew in in First Class" and he said "oh yeah? Oh what airline?" BA you twit, just scan the BP

The lounge is still fairly tired and the most open seating area had no chairs I could find with outlets

Booze wise they do a good job, especially if you're a scotch guy like me.

The breakfast spread was missing a lot of labeled items and though I was around for a while they didn't come out.

Qantas Lounge

I hadn't been to this lounge since it was the old Air Canada London Lounge

It's a really lovely space (though with very limited views) and the agents are very friendly. They'll also make you custom coffees from that barista station

Food spread was better than BA and they had smoked salmon.

I also took advantage of their showers which are very nice

Cathay First Lounge

Hard product wise this was the nicest lounge. I like the wooden decor and they arm chairs in front of the window facing an active runway with outlets at each seat was the perfect place to spend time

My only complaints are the booze is a little subpar and they're very limited in terms of snacks. They had a full sit down restaurant with a large breakfast menu but if you just want nibbles you're better off elsewhere.
megaloman, DeathSlam and Phorbas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.