Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by frandrake
Thus, if I were a major international airline caring about my premium image, I would never agree to dilute my brand and customer experience by sharing my lounge with other airlines.
Ok so basically you think alliances are not needed?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: Some
Combined alliance lounges are for airlines which don't have enough flights per day to justify a standalone lounge and therefore would otherwise send passengers to a contract lounge - why would CX with 5 premium-heavy wide body flights a day out of LHR, AA with probably 10-15 and BA with (no idea, 40?) flights a day out of T3 go for a combined lounge that doesn't really conform to their global standards?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I just moved from the CX First lounge to Galleries First. Bad move. CX was an oasis of calm with fine food and drink; GF is a zoo/kindergarten/canteen. I wonder if I still have time to try Qantas' lounge.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Misco60
I just moved from the CX First lounge to Galleries First. Bad move. CX was an oasis of calm with fine food and drink; GF is a zoo/kindergarten/canteen. I wonder if I still have time to try Qantas' lounge.

Hi,

If you have more than 5 minutes then yes! ( even if just to get a quick taste of the lounge)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
If you have more than 5 minutes then yes!
I took your advice - thank you! It is beautiful, and very peaceful. Only about half a dozen other guests, no raised voices, no loud phone conversations, no children. The staff are delightful.

It feels a just a little sterile to me, and CX is still my favourite, but it is nevertheless in a different league to Galleries First.
sgm likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by frandrake
Thus, if I were a major international airline caring about my premium image, I would never agree to dilute my brand and customer experience by sharing my lounge with other airlines.
That is an interesting strategy. If I were a major international airline with top lounges, then I'd definitely let in frequent flyers booked on alliance partner flights. It reduces the operating cost (I can charge other airlines for the entrance fees rather than keep an empty lounge open/close it in between flights) and it serves as advertisement for your airline. Particularly if you pay attention to the little details, then you may convince customers of other airlines to give you a try.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Ok so basically you think alliances are not needed?
I was referring to why a dedicated, branded, premium lounge is a good idea for some airlines rather than diluting.

Needless to say that alliances are a very good idea for airlines and passengers.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I will be going through T3 with a BA First Class ticket in August and thinking of my best strategy. I am going to be in the terminal for about 4 hours from 17:00. At the moment, I am thinking of doing the following:

17:00 - Massage and drinks in GF
18:00 - Dinner in CX lounge (maybe a shower too?)
19:30 - 21:00 - ????

At the moment, I cannot make my mind up on what to do for the final hour and a half. Should I go back to GF and drink loads of JW Blue/LPGC, or should I stay in Cathy/go to Qantas? If I am being honest, I want a calm place without a creche like feel but with good alcohol options.

As for my flight, I am booked on 2A on a 747 to CPT so planning on sleeping most of that.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
You won't get LPGS and I don't think JW blue (never paid attention to the colours, it could be red) in GF. Castenau, for champers...

GF is not the CCR.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Smid
You won't get LPGS and I don't think JW blue (never paid attention to the colours, it could be red) in GF. Castenau, for champers...

GF is not the CCR.
While the champagne is Castelnau/Henriot, there is JW Blue available. The whiskey selection is definitely more first class than the champagne.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
I will be going through T3 with a BA First Class ticket in August and thinking of my best strategy. I am going to be in the terminal for about 4 hours from 17:00. At the moment, I am thinking of doing the following:

17:00 - Massage and drinks in GF
18:00 - Dinner in CX lounge (maybe a shower too?)
19:30 - 21:00 - ????

At the moment, I cannot make my mind up on what to do for the final hour and a half. Should I go back to GF and drink loads of JW Blue/LPGC, or should I stay in Cathy/go to Qantas? If I am being honest, I want a calm place without a creche like feel but with good alcohol options.

As for my flight, I am booked on 2A on a 747 to CPT so planning on sleeping most of that.
I'd just be sticking with the CX F lounge for the full time. And JW Blue is not a great whisky, Diageo just do a great job of marketing it as a premium option. Better champagne in CX F lounge also.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold

GF is not the CCR.
Yesterday on the Champagne thread someone reported that LPGS was on self pour in GF T3. Probably not for long though.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Combined alliance lounges are for airlines which don't have enough flights per day to justify a standalone lounge and therefore would otherwise send passengers to a contract lounge - why would CX with 5 premium-heavy wide body flights a day out of LHR, AA with probably 10-15 and BA with (no idea, 40?) flights a day out of T3 go for a combined lounge that doesn't really conform to their global standards?
I don't think that is entirely true. There is a reason why both ST and *A have chosen LHR to have an alliance lounge despite it being used by airlines which have own lounges in smaller European airports, and the same with Oneworld at LAX despite an airline like BA having its own lounge at some US airports where it has smaller operations. The reason is that alliance lounges are also a PR tool which is here to suggest that the alliance means business and use its marketing potential to potential flyers. That is one of the reason why alliances exist in the first place and common lounges are great PR tools to highlight it.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Yesterday on the Champagne thread someone reported that LPGS was on self pour in GF T3. Probably not for long though.
Isn't it £130 a bottle versus £30-40?

Costly mistake for BA and whoever put that out. At that priceit will not be long...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Isn't it £130 a bottle versus £30-40?

Costly mistake for BA and whoever put that out. At that priceit will not be long...
There were also report of LPGS out at LGW in GF there. It seems deliberate rather than a mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.