Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by RockyRobin

i did the full tour...

BA Flounge, dingy, dirty and tired

“Dirty and tired” maybe - though in all fairness, no airline is keen to spend top money on a lounge at one of its minor outstations.

Oh .... hang on a minute .......
sxc, vulle and RockyRobin like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Would you class LHR as a minor outstation for CX?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Would you class LHR as a minor outstation for CX?
No. Absolutely, 100% not.

Perhaps my intended irony was a little undercooked

But seriously, one would normally expect lounges provided by the flagship carrier at its home base to outshine those of overseas airlines, and I personally consider it a matter of some regret that this is far from the case where LHR is concerned.

RockyRobin likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

No. Absolutely, 100% not.

Perhaps my intended irony was a little undercooked

But seriously, one would normally expect lounges provided by the flagship carrier at its home base to outshine those of overseas airlines, and I personally consider it a matter of some regret that this is far from the case where LHR is concerned.

I've always wondered this about T3. Is there some long term plan to move all BA flights out of T3? Or is that BA views T3 as some strange planetary oddity, circling the glorious sun that is T5? In the context of their neighbours, the BA lounges are very poor by comparison.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
I've always wondered this about T3. Is there some long term plan to move all BA flights out of T3? Or is that BA views T3 as some strange planetary oddity, circling the glorious sun that is T5? In the context of their neighbours, the BA lounges are very poor by comparison.
There is no space at T5 for all BA flights.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by newyorklondon
No, no plans whatsoever to do that. And with something in the order of around 25 destinations currently served, I doubt it would be even viable.

In fact (if we accept what BA themselves said recently), quite the opposite:

https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/new...ns-heathrow-t3
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

No, no plans whatsoever to do that. And with something in the order of around 25 destinations currently served, I doubt it would be even viable.

In fact (if we accept what BA themselves said recently), quite the opposite:

https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/new...ns-heathrow-t3
Well, in that case BA absolutely needs to step up its game in T3!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
I am traveling in CW from T3 next week with my wife and two kids (5 and 8). I am the only one to have status (BA Gold). I believe we can all access the J lounges (BA, QF, CX) but can we also access the F lounges? I presume not as I can only guest one. Traveling with family is unfamiliar territory for me!
Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
I am traveling in CW from T3 next week with my wife and two kids (5 and 8). I am the only one to have status (BA Gold). I believe we can all access the J lounges (BA, QF, CX) but can we also access the F lounges? I presume not as I can only guest one. Traveling with family is unfamiliar territory for me!
Thanks!
Unfortunately, you presume correctly. As you've recognised you get J lounge access (BA,QF,CX,AA) via the CW tickets, but not F access for the whole family as you are limited to one guest.

Do you have a favourite child?

Most people on this board would likely say just go straight to CX J which is a lovely space. And at the desk you may well get a polite, proactive but unquestionably firm apology that they are unable to offer you the F lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Thanks!
You'll only be able to guest one into the F sections. OW is usually pretty strict about this. Shouldn't be too bad; CX F has the sit down dining room and a bit nicer champagne but the J side has the noodle room. I wouldn't bother with BA's F lounge (or Club lounge for that matter) and QF has no F section. QF even has some ala carte dining for J passengers.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Thanks for the replies. I am familiar with the Flounge, CX F and QF lounges. The CX J lounge looks like the best bet. It’s still better than I expected as I thought access to other OW lounges was by virtue of status, not class of travel. CX J is certainly better than BA J!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
I thought access to other OW lounges was by virtue of status, not class of travel.
Either, tho CW travel will confer no guesting rights unlike status.

As a coincidence, this is being discussed in another thread at the moment - see here Lounge options at LHR T3 (Avios redemption) and c-w-s post #8

EDIT: I've just realised that's something less of a coincidence as it is a reply to yourself!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Either, tho CW travel will confer no guesting rights unlike status.

As a coincidence, this is being discussed in another thread at the moment - see here Lounge options at LHR T3 (Avios redemption) and c-w-s post #8

EDIT: I've just realised that's something less of a coincidence as it is a reply to yourself!
correct! And CWS pointed me towards this thread!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:36 pm

Out of interest, how soon before departure will the lounges allow you access? I’m flying to CPT in F in March but arrive into LHR almost 6hrs before departure
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Out of interest, how soon before departure will the lounges allow you access? I’m flying to CPT in F in March but arrive into LHR almost 6hrs before departure
At lounges directly operated by oneworld airlines there is no restriction in this area, they are available throughout the day of departure. For those on connections this would be quite normal anyway. However the check-in times may not allow a long lounge time for those with bags to go into the hold. These points apply generally not just at T3, and BA passengers with lounge access can check-in bags at T3 and T5 from 05:00 hours onwards.
andymcdonnell likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.