Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by webstereo
In which LHR T3 Oneworld lounge would I find the best cooked breakfast at around 8 am on a friday morning?
Cathay. Well, I spend between 6 and 8 mornings per month in the F lounge so I'm kinda well "known" there now, but service is spot on and breakfast/food is amazing. A coffee in Qantas afterwards seal the morning before the flight for me
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Couldn't agree more
HAHA. CX is rubbish. all Silver and Golf should rush tot he BA lounge asap.
markle, T8191 and mrtraveller like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAANN
HAHA. CX is rubbish. all Silver and Golf should rush tot he BA lounge asap.
Within the spirit of self-protectionism I'm actually fairly relaxed with Silvers using the Business Class section, which by all accounts is very good, just stay out of the terrible* First Class bit.

* Alternative fact
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Schwann
Skip the arrivals lounge shower at T5 and head straight to the CX before your trip to HEL. The showers at CX are very nice indeed.
totally agree there. CX showers are great. However, I’m tempted to try the QF showers on my next visit though as they are supposed to be good.

Anyone tried both? Any thoughts?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by gliderpilot

totally agree there. CX showers are great. However, I’m tempted to try the QF showers on my next visit though as they are supposed to be good.

CX are still better. Don't get me wrong, the QF ones are very good, but I prefer the CX ones personally. If you've been used to the BA NHS style showers, then both are excellent in comparison.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by gliderpilot

Tried both and CX are a good bit better. They are larger and have more room. I also find the Qantas showers to be a bit cold (the air, not the water) in winter time. There are better amenities in CX and a lot more thought has gone into the design. For example, the QF taps are motion sensitive which is a shockingly bad idea considering how many people likely want to brush their teeth in there.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:57 pm

T3 lounge access

No status but flying BA club Europe to Lisbon on Sunday...is it just the BA lounge I can visit or can I get into the other oneworld lounges, CX etc?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You an visit any of the oneworld J lounges in T3, so any of CX/AA/QF/BA.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: ECH Gold
My personal preference is the Cathay lounge , never mobbed and very comfortable
DanAirLondon likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
All very valuable info! We have our first LHR T3 coming up next Feb, and we're there for 4 hours [ex-LGW]. As Golds in J we clearly have free rein!!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
There was a reader comment on HfP this morning that the food offering in CX J has recently been reduced. Any truth in this? I had breakfast there back in July which seemed fine, and the noodle bar looked to be operational (though I didn't fancy it at 5:45am).

Has anything changed?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:50 am
Suspended

I like poached eggs and good views, any tips for which lounge to go for at 8am, I’m not gold.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Deltus
There was a reader comment on HfP this morning that the food offering in CX J has recently been reduced. Any truth in this? I had breakfast there back in July which seemed fine, and the noodle bar looked to be operational (though I didn't fancy it at 5:45am).

Has anything changed?
I certainly hope not. Got a few trips through T3 in next few months.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Deltus

Has anything changed?
Hi,

I walked through CX J at the start of September ( prior to my LAS flight) and it looked like there had been very little change since my previous visit in
I did not try the J food as I had eaten in the F section.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:07 am

LHR T3 to LAS: Which Lounge

Hello.

I'm after some advice. Next month I'm going to LAS from LHR T3 on BA. It's an afternoon flight so I'm considering which lounge for lunch. Preferably dining service rather than buffet.

Which lounge would you guys recommend?

Tim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.