Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I sampled the 3 oneworld T3 lounges last week and asked the AA agents about the timeframe of when the AA Flagship lounge was due to be renovated (last I heard was by end of 2018). I was told that renovations have been indefinitely delayed and there’s no new date. Disappointing.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was in the T3 CX business lounge yesterday after trying the QF lounge. QF was empty as the early flight had gone so it was very quiet but I felt that the QF lounge was a bit clinical and the seating not too comfy so we moved to CX. I had not tried the CX lounge before but I loved it. Service was good as was the noodle bar (Dan Dan Mein). Nice hot options of stroganoff and a curry with rice and fresh veg. All looked nice. I think the CX lounge could be my fav so far in T3. Just the BA lounge to try now
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
You really don’t need to try the BA Galleries ! CX biz lounge is the best one in there - lovely place !
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:06 am
bzc

Programs: BAEC Silver
LHR T3: CX-J vs QF lounges

I know there has been many many threads about lounges in LHR T3 but they are mainly dating from before QF lounge openned or comparing QF lounge to CX First Lounge (with the latter usually recommended).

However I'm only OWS so it will have to be one of the business lounge, in this case would you recommend CX or QF?
Flight is around 1pm so I will be there for lunch, a few drinks and enjoy a comfortable seat (with a view if possible). I don't care too much about internet speed or showers.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
CX. Although I am sure that there are many threads from when QF opened (after all it has been open over a year now.)

Also check out the lounge forum.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Why not do both?
megaloman likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Of course do both - then make your own mind up
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I'd do both - I like them equally I think.

CX for the best seats overlooking the apron, with comfortable ottomans to stretch on. Good asian food any hour of the day.
QF for the coffee, gin, and healthy food options. Last time they also had a nice range of syrups on offer if you like non-alcoholic drinks.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:23 am

Both is an option and then you will know your preference for future trips. I prefer CX over QF but I know others differ.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
For a G&T, Qantas is hands down the best
For decor / ambience / food / showers - I would say CX

Both make the BA lounge look like the third rate airline it now well and truly is!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I hate to say this, but I really dislike the QF lounge at LHR. It just seems too sterile for me, plus the dining room is never open when I am there. The food choices don't really appeal either - the buffet always looks trashed and the combination of foods doesn't really work. However, that's just my view and others may have different viewpoints.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Qantas upstairs bar make a nice (although rather potent!) cocktail
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Geordie405
I hate to say this, but I really dislike the QF lounge at LHR. It just seems too sterile for me, plus the dining room is never open when I am there. The food choices don't really appeal either - the buffet always looks trashed and the combination of foods doesn't really work. However, that's just my view and others may have different viewpoints.
Actually I'm with you on this. I haven't been impressed with the buffet food and since I don't drink gin, the much vaunted gin bar is wasted on me. I much prefer the ambience of the CX lounge. But I'm very happy if most people prefer QF
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:54 am

Just out of curiousity (apologies for hijacking somewhat), if I travel in BA Club out of T3 am I only eligible to use the BA lounge or can I use a partner lounge also?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Richard Gibson
Just out of curiousity (apologies for hijacking somewhat), if I travel in BA Club out of T3 am I only eligible to use the BA lounge or can I use a partner lounge also?
You can use any of the OW lounges (even AA if you must!!). CX J lounge was very nice (and empty) when we were in it just before lunchtime recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.