Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Flying out of T3 tomorrow morning with a colleague, and he is very keen to get the best possible Full English. I'm in all the lounges frequently, but I rarely fly in the morning and therefore have no idea which one has the best Full English?

Any input would be appreciated

Edit: Sorry I didn't specify, but this is in the context of first lounges. So, between BA F, CX F, AA F, and QF.

Last edited by ExpatExp; Apr 30, 2018 at 7:30 am
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I always go to CX, on the First side the full English is very nice. Not sure about the business side of the lounge.
ExpatExp and BOStonTravels like this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Flying out of T3 tomorrow morning with a colleague, and he is very keen to get the best possible Full English. I'm in all the lounges frequently, but I rarely fly in the morning and therefore have no idea which one has the best Full English?

Any input would be appreciated

Edit: Sorry I didn't specify, but this is in the context of first lounges. So, between BA F, CX F, AA F, and QF.
Definitely CX. I'd actually go to the J lounge. Same ingredients, but as a buffet style so you can have 5 sausages without having to ask awkwardly
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Going out to Las in F in July and i know where the BA lounge is, what kind of distance is it from the CX F, AA F, QF lounges, i ask as i have MS and not able to walk very long distances but would like to try out couple of the others at least if i could manage.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The furthest walk is CX to AA

I'd start at CX and then work your way along, ending at AA on the way to the gates
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by red duster
Going out to Las in F in July and i know where the BA lounge is, what kind of distance is it from the CX F, AA F, QF lounges, i ask as i have MS and not able to walk very long distances but would like to try out couple of the others at least if i could manage.

Thanks in advance for any input.
They are all effectively beside each other. The shortest walk is the Qantas lounge, which is immediately opposite the exit from the main seating area. CX is just south, next door, but upstairs. There is a lift, and the F lounge is basically beside the lift. I would say the BA lounge is the longest walk, both due to the length of the corridor it is down but also it is a long walk to the food. The BA lounge is quite big, whereas CX is small. I would not bother going to the BA lounge. Its dark and pretty soulless. CX is light and bright and more 'F'. QF is OK, but I find the seats incredibly uncomfortable.
hugolover and wanderingjock like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:41 pm

Which part of the cx lounge!

My husband and I are flying first in a couple of weeks. I love the sound of the noodle bar in the cx lounge but I know it’s in the business class area...for the best noodles & service is it better to skip the first lounge and head straight for the noodles?
Old May 1, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kerchiss
My husband and I are flying first in a couple of weeks. I love the sound of the noodle bar in the cx lounge but I know it’s in the business class area...for the best noodles & service is it better to skip the first lounge and head straight for the noodles?
You can order the same noodles from the CX J lounge to be served at your table at the F lounge. Personally I prefer to help myself from the J lounge because it takes longer to be brought over to the F lounge, where the noodles are soaked longer in the broth and no longer "al dente".
Old May 1, 2018, 3:45 pm

Had a look in some of the threads but haven't found a definitive answer... can anyone confirm if the noodle bar is up and running at 6am? I haven't been in that early before.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:48 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Kerchiss
You can order the noodles from the 1st lounge, or if it's easier, go to the noodle bar and ask them to deliver it to the 1st dining area - especially if you want to have other food from the 1st menu.

If you're actually flying CX it will be busy so perhaps ask if it's OK beforehand.

You can of course go to the business side if you want but just before the CX flights, well, it will prepare you for Hong Kong

Be aware the portion sizes are not that big - I can still gobble down 3 bowls of noodles even after 3 courses from the first menu, at least when I'm in Y and don't want to eat on board.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Had a look in some of the threads but haven't found a definitive answer... can anyone confirm if the noodle bar is up and running at 6am? I haven't been in that early before.
noodle bar opens around 10am
Old May 1, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Andi28
noodle bar opens around 10am
That's not right - I've definitely eaten from the noodle bar between 8 and 9. Not sure about Sundays when the lounge opens later than usual but I'd still expect noodles to be open before 10.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I was also nearly certain the noodles are available whenever the lounge is open, but I must admit noodles will never feature in the CWS breakfast (and I was there today) hence my slight hesitance to contradict. I think there aren't so many kitchen staff visible in the early morning but my suspicion is they can do the noodles on request in the usual way.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Can confirm I've had noodles when departing for the early morning PRG service a few weeks ago. So the bar is certainly serving food at 7am.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I've had noodles in there before an 08:30 departure, and we probably got there at about 07:00.

Looking forward to trying the QF lounge for the first time this morning, then back over to CX (sadly no F access today!) for noodles and a Cathay Delight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.