Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Out of interest, how soon before departure will the lounges allow you access? I’m flying to CPT in F in March but arrive into LHR almost 6hrs before departure
I've spent an entire working day (12 hours+) working in many a oneworld lounge.

Sometimes there is a comment like "you're here early" but no one seems to find it objectionable.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I will be passing through LHR with 7 hours between my EDI flight and LAS flight on 1st September so will be trying all the T3 lounges ( will try lunch in the Cathay lounge -my last 2 times out of T3 I have had a lunchtime flight so just had a small snack from CX J rather than the dining room) and there will probably be people with longer connections.

I think i have seen some comments recently about LGW security not allowing pax through more than 6 hours prior to flight departure but it is not applied at LHR

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I will be in T3 for 5 hours 9am-2pm, as an Emerald (flying economy afterwards) so breakfast and lunch.

What order of the four lounges do you recommend, what is the best bet for breakfast and which one for lunch?

Also, can you get into a lounge twice in one visit?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by nk15
I will be in T3 for 5 hours 9am-2pm, as an Emerald (flying economy afterwards) so breakfast and lunch.

What order of the four lounges do you recommend, what is the best bet for breakfast and which one for lunch?

My personal preference is Quantas for a healthy breakfast (yoghurt, coffee, fruits, muesli, etc...) Cathay for lunch (Noodles and Dim-Sum) and AA for pilfering (water bottles and candy)

You should have time to visit all of them and you can re-enter with no issue.
davm666 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by nk15

You should really try the Qantas breakfast, lunch at Cathay First then if you have time, a few drinks in BAF. Always my plan if arriving early for my HEL flight. And yes you can re-enter lounge as many times as you wish.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Breakfast at LHR T3?

In which LHR T3 Oneworld lounge would I find the best cooked breakfast at around 8 am on a friday morning?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by webstereo
In which LHR T3 Oneworld lounge would I find the best cooked breakfast at around 8 am on a friday morning?
Cathay.

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Depends on your personal taste I think. I quite like the BA FLounge for the classic bad-for-you breakfast ingredients! Agree that Cathay is better in most other respects.

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Arguably not CX. It's very nice, but it's a bit too refined - BA is like a greasy spoon where the cook has done nothing but cook fried breakfasts since the age of 9.
Ancient Observer likes this.
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There's a photo guide to the breakfast in each lounge, within the main T3 lounge thread, which you will find in the Dashboard. Depends a bit on what you want to eat really since each lounge has different options. So black pudding with BA, grits and biscuit in AA, waiter service in Cathay, barista coffee in QR.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Remember - no need to ask questions - the answer is always CX F on the ground

And QR in the air

Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
CX F if you have time for them to cook it (takes them 10 minutes or so from ordering it for a hot item like an omelette, but only 2-3 minutes for a fruit dish).

BA F if you don't have time, they have a ready buffet that's not bad for a fry-up breakfast, oatmeal, or cereal.

(Having had four QR in-flight breakfasts in a week once, I'm not as enamoured of their bland and unvarying food as some other people are).
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Will you guys please desist from recommending the CX lounge. It’s in real danger of becoming too busy, and there's a pressing need to restore its once-tranquil ambience.

BA lounge is the very best. I urge all OW pax to use it, to the excusion of all other options
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Will you guys please desist from recommending the CX lounge. It’s in real danger of becoming too busy, and there's a pressing need to restore its once-tranquil ambience.

BA lounge is the very best. I urge all OW pax to use it, to the excusion of all other options
Couldn't agree more
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Couldn't agree more

Your support is appreciated ^

(and for ‘excusion’ .... please read exclusion)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.