FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:55 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had some time last Saturday so I did a little lounge hopping.

BA Galleries First

Surly agent didn't believe I deserved entry when I handed over a LHR-HEL Club Europe BP. I said "I flew in in First Class" and he said "oh yeah? Oh what airline?" BA you twit, just scan the BP

The lounge is still fairly tired and the most open seating area had no chairs I could find with outlets

Booze wise they do a good job, especially if you're a scotch guy like me.

The breakfast spread was missing a lot of labeled items and though I was around for a while they didn't come out.

Qantas Lounge

I hadn't been to this lounge since it was the old Air Canada London Lounge

It's a really lovely space (though with very limited views) and the agents are very friendly. They'll also make you custom coffees from that barista station

Food spread was better than BA and they had smoked salmon.

I also took advantage of their showers which are very nice

Cathay First Lounge

Hard product wise this was the nicest lounge. I like the wooden decor and they arm chairs in front of the window facing an active runway with outlets at each seat was the perfect place to spend time

My only complaints are the booze is a little subpar and they're very limited in terms of snacks. They had a full sit down restaurant with a large breakfast menu but if you just want nibbles you're better off elsewhere.