Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to highlight for those looking for 2020, there is a separate 6 month exUK advance purchase fare to the US in J atm, I was looking at exINV to NYC for £1310 in J next year.

IKX5C7M4
OUTBOUND - PERMITTED TUE/WED/THU ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
INBOUND - PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
FROM UNITED KINGDOM - PERMITTED
20AUG 19 THROUGH 26OCT 19 OR
28MAR 20 THROUGH 24APR 20 OR
22MAY 20 THROUGH 03JUL 20 OR
18AUG 20 THROUGH 24OCT 20
FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

TO UNITED KINGDOM - PERMITTED
08SEP 19 THROUGH 28OCT 19 OR
1JAN 20 THROUGH 09JAN 20 OR
06APR 20 THROUGH 24APR 20 OR
2MAY 20 THROUGH 15JUL 20 OR
07SEP 20 THROUGH 26OCT 20
FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 6 MONTHS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/BEFORE 15SEP 19.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Will be returning from. The US (MIA) on the 19th of July next year, drat!

​​​Outbound is flexible but fits within the window to 03 July. I assume for that fare you need to return within the window specified? Sorry if that's a really obvious question but it's not something I've any experience with.
​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Just to highlight for those looking for 2020, there is a separate 6 month exUK advance purchase fare to the US in J atm, I was looking at exINV to NYC for £1310 in J next year.

IKX5C7M4
Hmm I’m a little confused on the dates around this.

I’m looking at LAS for around May next year. I’m flying from DUB but don’t mind positioning / getting a separate ticket to LHR or elsewhere. Based on the above, leaving 26/27 May should be cheapest (ex LHR) but it’s actually cheaper by about £150 if I depart 19/20 May. I’ve also looked at PHX, SFO, LAX and the same seems to happen.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
UK half term pricing ?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
UK half term pricing ?
Yes, -ish
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
UK half term pricing ?
I was looking at flying within one of the possible dates but the return is in a half-term period... Never mind.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Deleted wrong post sorry
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
I can reserve the outbound before 15 Sept but the inbound is not until late September (or am I being dense) as this could work for us
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Kenwood travel sale starts friday , normally thats a good indicator of a Ba Sale running. A betting man would double down..
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Kenwood travel sale starts friday , normally thats a good indicator of a Ba Sale running. A betting man would double down..
I've got my fingers crossed! I've been holding off on booking my Thanksgiving travel to the UK....
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hoping for some half decent fares in December to SFO/SJC!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
A betting man would double down..
A confusing analogy on this occasion, since "doubling down" presumably means "don't book anything right now".

Booking two tickets today when you only ever want one would be an ill-advised approach!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by lily23
I've got my fingers crossed! I've been holding off on booking my Thanksgiving travel to the UK....
I'd be very surprised if there were any sale prices for flights from the US to the UK. I can't remember the last time there was an ex-US sale. Everything seems to be UK-centric unfortunately. Of course if it's not the UK then it's ex-EU. My solution to that has been to book a one-way flight to the UK using Avios and then book UK - US returns. Unfortunately my dates tend to be pretty much fixed (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.) and so a lot of the sales are irrelevant due to the date ranges. The most recent Luxury Sale might have worked but I already had booked flights back to the US using a GUF2 so would have had to change those (and hence pay the change fees) and although the outbound dates were within the sale period, the return dates weren't and therefore it wasn't of any use to me. I tend to just look at prices, decide if they make sense based on when I am flying, and book. I can't recall ever booking during a sale.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I'd be very surprised if there were any sale prices for flights from the US to the UK. I can't remember the last time there was an ex-US sale. Everything seems to be UK-centric unfortunately. Of course if it's not the UK then it's ex-EU. My solution to that has been to book a one-way flight to the UK using Avios and then book UK - US returns. Unfortunately my dates tend to be pretty much fixed (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.) and so a lot of the sales are irrelevant due to the date ranges. The most recent Luxury Sale might have worked but I already had booked flights back to the US using a GUF2 so would have had to change those (and hence pay the change fees) and although the outbound dates were within the sale period, the return dates weren't and therefore it wasn't of any use to me. I tend to just look at prices, decide if they make sense based on when I am flying, and book. I can't recall ever booking during a sale.
From the US, reverse exEUs work quite well most of the year if you can be bothered to fly to mainland Europe.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Cheer up, at least you can pick up half a million Avios with a few credit card sign-ups!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.