Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
- Club Europe is open to single travellers. From the T&Cs: London Heathrow to Amsterdam, Stockholm, Belfast, Billund, Brussels, Basel, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Geneva, Leeds Bedford, Luxemburg, Lyon, Manchester, Marseilles, Oslo, Prague, Toulouse, Venice and Zurich are available for selected outbound travel dates between 13 August and 30 September 2019.

12. For return travel in Club Europe, booked during the booking period for selected travel routes, the following selected travel periods apply:

a. London Heathrow to Amsterdam, Stockholm, Belfast, Billund, Brussels, Basel, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Geneva, Leeds Bedford, Luxemburg, Lyon, Manchester, Marseilles, Oslo, Prague, Toulouse, Venice and Zurich are available for selected outbound travel dates between 13 August and 30 September 2019.

g. The following routes require a minimum of a Saturday night stay or 2 nights stay: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Belfast, Billund, Brussels, Basel, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Geneva, Leeds Bedford, Luxemburg, Lyon, Manchester, Marseilles, Oslo, Prague, Toulouse, Venice and Zurich.
Errrmmm...
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by lcylocal

Errrmmm...
Well if you can have 'London Southend'...
alex67500 and armouredant like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lcylocal

Errrmmm...
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Typical BA “Sale” ... sweeping up unsold inventory.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
In a bit of a quandry with this, have 241 flights booked to LAS on Wednesday, and booking this would give me 150k avios back plus 40k avios for the flight between the two of us along with 280TP each for an outlay of £835 which makes sense.

Don't want to risk cancelling the 241 before confirming the cash flight, but I understand they can cancel impossible tickets. What's my best option?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Temps
In a bit of a quandry with this, have 241 flights booked to LAS on Wednesday, and booking this would give me 150k avios back plus 40k avios for the flight between the two of us along with 280TP each for an outlay of £835 which makes sense.

Don't want to risk cancelling the 241 before confirming the cash flight, but I understand they can cancel impossible tickets. What's my best option?
Others may chime in but I think the thing to do might be to place a 72-hour hold on the booking then call BA to do both the 2-for-1 cancellation + the hold ticketing in one go.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Originally Posted by Temps

Unless I am missing something... make a booking without your BAEC number. Then cancel the 241 when it’s confirmed and then add the BAEC number to the cash booking?
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
When are the 777 Club Suite flights to NY scheduled to start? I think that is worth it in business for this new sale.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Spinstorm
When are the 777 Club Suite flights to NY scheduled to start? I think that is worth it in business for this new sale.
End of October
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
But one ticket is £1400 in Club? And First is £1500 - may as well book first and ask to sit in club!
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tilal6991
Others may chime in but I think the thing to do might be to place a 72-hour hold on the booking then call BA to do both the 2-for-1 cancellation + the hold ticketing in one go.
Originally Posted by Odiy

Unless I am missing something... make a booking without your BAEC number. Then cancel the 241 when it’s confirmed and then add the BAEC number to the cash booking?
Thanks both, I'll have a chat with my wife later - I've got till 16:40 tomorrow to do it ^
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Last week we booked a flight & car package to Miami, WT+ both ways but UUA'd to CW on the outbound. You can imagine my frustration when this popped up today and I saw Miami on our dates is covered.

Even though it's 2 weeks away I thought it might be worth seeing if anything can be done and having just been on the phone with a very helpful BAEC agent I can't believe our luck, for less than £300pp I've had my 50k avios back and we're now outbound in First and back in CW
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I am pricing the fares to LAS ( from LGW it is c GBP1954 for 2 , more from LHR) but when prcing it from EDI the total price goes to GBP 9,000+ for 2.

The regional connection is working for YVR.

I think i might risk the 2 separate tickets ( overnight in LGW on the outbound) and tranferring LGW/LHR on the return ( limited LGW/EDI flights on Sunday)

Regards

TBS
contractor likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

26. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, or deal, including but not limited to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discount fares (including but not limited to agency, industry and employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, children/infant fares, or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in the qualifying classes; (iii) bookings made with vouchers (eg shareholder’s discount vouchers); or (iv) upgrades.
So what do people think... does this mean one can’t apply a GUF2 to these bookings?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by monkey

So what do people think... does this mean one can’t apply a GUF2 to these bookings?
I think that you would be able to use a GUF2 on these bookings, yes, but that's speculation on my part. Though I see that wording, I don't think they would stop a GUF on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.