Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Prices have definitely gone up. Reward seats availability seems to have dried up, even on routes where there is usually some. Terrible recent press coverage. BA is 100 years old this month.

There is always a sale at the end of the school summer holidays and I would wager this one will see some bigger than normal discounts.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wb1969
Prices have definitely gone up. Reward seats availability seems to have dried up, even on routes where there is usually some. Terrible recent press coverage. BA is 100 years old this month.

There is always a sale at the end of the school summer holidays and I would wager this one will see some bigger than normal discounts.
Yes, fingers crossed everything points to a big sale at the end of August. I need to get a couple of winter sun trips booked but I'm holding off until the end of the month.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Good WTP prices to the Caribbean next Easter... that's what I'm banking on...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
What are you hoping for / planning ? There may be good alternatives outside of an official red banner sale..
Looking at Tokyo in late November, coming back early December. I see Cathay Pacific have a sale currently.

There were some good prices for WTP, sub £950 to Tokyo a while back but I didn't have dates firmed up at that time.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC
I am hoping for a sale too but didn’t BA just finish a “centenary sale”? Surely they wouldn’t have another one celebrating their birthday again?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I am hoping for a sale too but didn’t BA just finish a “centenary sale”? Surely they wouldn’t have another one celebrating their birthday again?

Think DFS !
BAeuro and AJA_ like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver

Yup, specifically looking at NCL-ARN in CE. Looks like some of the lower fare buckets currently not selling for the dates I'm interested in. Prices are a little eye-watering to say the least!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC
I’ve been following SVQ and ATH flights for around January and they have gone up in recent weeks, perhaps that’s just BA racking up the prices though
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Trying to get to Japan in early Feb next year. Ex eu flights around 2.1k in J...hoping sale will bring it down abit. Fingers crossed something happens in soon...The big B is surely having an effect..no??
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Reward seats availability seems to have dried up, even on routes where there is usually some.
I noticed this too - I'm hoping it's in advance of another of those "we've just released 50,000 reward seats" announcements... There's piles of F award availability to Abuja, but that's not very helpful.
heggers03 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
A birthday, a recent kicking in the press, I’m looking forward to this sale.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by A P Yu
A birthday, a recent kicking in the press, I’m looking forward to this sale.
2 CW seats for £2019 perhaps? If only...
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
That's usually a sign of an incoming sale. The last 2 years prices were gradually going up in August until the sale around the Bank Holiday weekend. Good marketing too, you just come back from holiday and they lure you into planning the next one
Thats what i am hoping for too. Im hoping the flights (with the returns on the Monday of October half term to LHR) still go down. I dont usually fly this week so i dont know the pattern but if they dont go down within the next week or two im going to bite the bullet and go with AA
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Agreed that two for £2019 last year was a good one, got to go to somewhere I hadnt really thought about going to (Beijing), it also boosted the Avios enough so we could book a reward flight (with Amex 241) for us both to Hong Kong later this year in First.
Will be keeping a close eye on things.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:56 am

Just got an email from Wexas travel announcing a two for £2019 sale.

Their email was for New York, but other destinations are available. It states
Sale fares only apply to new bookings made from 12 August 2019 to 19 August 2019 inclusive
Thrifty Scotsman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.