Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks for the suggestion but whenever I have looked at booking a US - UK via the EU trip they have never seemed to be sufficiently cheap or good value to even consider. We looked at flying to Europe last summer as a high school graduation present for my daughter but the prices were just stupid. We ended up flying to HKG / SIN via NRT instead. When you are booking for 3 or 4 adults it's got to be one hell of a good deal to make it worthwhile. The other point is that I really can't be bothered with flying out of my way when I don't need to do so. When I visit the UK it's to see friends and family, and I really don't want to spend 2 days of my holiday transiting via LIN or somewhere else. Having to pay for 3 or 4 additional positioning flights and hotels kind of negates the savings, never mind the extra time involved.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Thanks for the suggestion but whenever I have looked at booking a US - UK via the EU trip they have never seemed to be sufficiently cheap or good value to even consider. We looked at flying to Europe last summer as a high school graduation present for my daughter but the prices were just stupid. We ended up flying to HKG / SIN via NRT instead. When you are booking for 3 or 4 adults it's got to be one hell of a good deal to make it worthwhile. The other point is that I really can't be bothered with flying out of my way when I don't need to do so. When I visit the UK it's to see friends and family, and I really don't want to spend 2 days of my holiday transiting via LIN or somewhere else. Having to pay for 3 or 4 additional positioning flights and hotels kind of negates the savings, never mind the extra time involved.
Yes, I understand your point. Most of my trips are on my own for work and using Matrix I've been able to find some extremely good deals. With Ex EU matrix is less useful given that you can't start from multiple countries. However, flying from the US you can plug in lots of start points and then every destination country under the sun in one search. I get that it's not going to work for everyone though.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I'd be very surprised if there were any sale prices for flights from the US to the UK. I can't remember the last time there was an ex-US sale. Everything seems to be UK-centric unfortunately. Of course if it's not the UK then it's ex-EU. My solution to that has been to book a one-way flight to the UK using Avios and then book UK - US returns. Unfortunately my dates tend to be pretty much fixed (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc.) and so a lot of the sales are irrelevant due to the date ranges. The most recent Luxury Sale might have worked but I already had booked flights back to the US using a GUF2 so would have had to change those (and hence pay the change fees) and although the outbound dates were within the sale period, the return dates weren't and therefore it wasn't of any use to me. I tend to just look at prices, decide if they make sense based on when I am flying, and book. I can't recall ever booking during a sale.
This is true, but one can always hope! Like you, my dates are fixed (thank you corporate world ugh) but I actually don't mind the ex UK sales, since I tend to use flying blue to position myself over there (picked up YVR-AMS in J for 39k miles + ~200 in the most recent promo). With that being said, hope there are ex-US sales this time since I've run out of one ways. If this sale doesn't pan out, instead of UK/Europe over Thanksgiving, I'll be headed to Japan instead (BA J to LHR currently pricing at same price as CI J to Japan on my travel dates)
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:52 am

I see VS have launched their sale. Rather underwhelming I must say, especially in Upper. Fingers crossed BA have more to offer
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:20 am

I would wait to see if some better fares get loaded (or if the fares aren't fully loaded.) I've been tracking some VS fares which have indeed gone down, but it seems primarily due to discounts on the return leg via one stops with DL, AF/KLM!

Edit: According to their site it looks like a very limited sale from/to certain destinations, at least in Upper. Hopefully that's not how it remains!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I see VS have launched their sale. Rather underwhelming I must say, especially in Upper. Fingers crossed BA have more to offer
If BA's sale will be officially launched tomorrow, then we may see fares being loaded all through the day today.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Globaliser
If BA's sale will be officially launched tomorrow, then we may see fares being loaded all through the day today.
Oh I've been refreshing the matrix on an hourly basis all morning
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I have just gone back to check and the sale is underwhelming in Y too.
Edit- i take that back. the flights i need have just driopped by 250... TEMPTING

Last edited by MiraculousM; Aug 22, 2019 at 6:02 am
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
Oh I've been refreshing the matrix on an hourly basis all morning
Im also waiting to see if BA can offer me a better deal.. currently, united with no sale is giving me the best option.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Well this is the opposite of what I wanted, the flight I had my eye on went from 2550 to 3380 lol =(
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by lily23
Well this is the opposite of what I wanted, the flight I had my eye on went from 2550 to 3380 lol =(
It's also possible that they're clearing out the mid-level fare buckets before the cheap ones are loaded. Anxiety is a terrible adviser.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by lily23
so BA can drop it down to £3k tomorrow and call it a sale price.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver
There does seem to be some anomalous pricing today. A flight in December priced at £4,936 until yesterday suddenly showed up at £3,667 this afternoon. But I was a bit slow off the mark and now it's at £4,078. A loading error quickly rectified. maybe? Wonder what tomorrow will bring...
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by fripperies
There does seem to be some anomalous pricing today. A flight in December priced at £4,936 until yesterday suddenly showed up at £3,667 this afternoon. But I was a bit slow off the mark and now it's at £4,078. A loading error quickly rectified. maybe? Wonder what tomorrow will bring...
Agreed, the prices are all over the place. I've seen some go up, some go down, and some go down and then back up again, on both BA and VS.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ex-UK EuroTraveller offer

50,000 seats for £50 each-way
(as part of a return fare)

Escape to Europe for less, from August to October

There is still time for a European break. We have great fares across many of Europe’s great cities as well as beautiful beach locations. All for a great fare of £50 each-way as part of a return journey.

Hurry though, availability is limited and the most popular destinations are likely to be in big demand.

Destinations in offer

London Heathrow to:

Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Basel, Belfast, Billund, Bologna, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Geneva, Glasgow, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Ibiza, Inverness, Leeds Bradford, Luxembourg, Lyon, Manchester, Milan Malpensa, Munich, Newcastle, Oslo, Palma, Paris, Prague, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Toulouse, Vienna, Zurich.

London Gatwick to:

Alicante, Almeria, Amsterdam, Bergamo, Bilbao, Bordeaux, Edinburgh, Faro, Genoa, Gibraltar, Glasgow, Jersey, Malaga, Naples, Nice, Palma, Porto, Salzburg, Turin, Venice and Verona.

Terms and Conditions

1. Fares are open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 years or over and resident in the UK. BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the terms and conditions set out below
  2. In total, from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, there is a minimum of 50,000 seats available at £50 each-way based on a return ‘Hand Baggage Only’ fare. Prices are subject to change at any time. Prices include all pre-payable taxes, fees, charges and security and fuel surcharges in relation to flights, correct as at 19 August 2019, but may vary. Advertised fares are based on a return Euro Traveller ‘Hand Baggage’ fare.
  3. All fares quoted are based on the lowest priced Euro Traveller Economy ‘Hand Baggage Only ’ fares available from London Heathrow and London Gatwick to stated destinations, and are non-refundable but changeable for a fee plus any difference in fare. Ticketing must be completed the day reservations are made.
  4. Fares, are available on British Airways operated services to the following destinations; London Heathrow to Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Basle, Belfast, Billund, Bologna, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Geneva, Glasgow, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Ibiza, Inverness, Leeds Bradford, Luxembourg, Lyon, Manchester, Milan Malpensa, Munich, Newcastle, Oslo, Palma, Paris, Prague, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Toulouse, Vienna, Zurich; London Gatwick to Alicante, Almeria, Amsterdam Bergamo, Bilbao, Bordeaux, Edinburgh, Faro, Genoa, Gibraltar, Glasgow, Jersey, Malaga, Naples, Nice, Palma, Porto, Salzburg Turin, Venice and Verona.
  5. Fares are subject to availability and capacity control. Availability may be limited over bank holidays and peak periods. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that an individual is unable to book a flight at the price quoted. The number of seats available on each flight at a particular fare may be restricted and it is possible that seats allocated to a particular fare on a particular flight may be fully booked even though seats are still available for sale at a different fare or booking class in the same cabin.
  6. Travel must be booked, ticketed, started and finished in the UK.
  7. All bookings will be covered by the fare rules and conditions of the original fare. This includes any applicable refund and change fees.
  8. Payment must be made at the time of booking. If booking direct with BA via telephone on 0844 493 0787 or online at www.ba.com, payment by cheque will not be accepted. Please note that some credit card issuers will not permit payment for air travel from the UK to be paid for on credit cards that they have issued if the billing address is outside the UK. BA does not accept responsibility for the refusal of any card issuer to allow use of its cards for payment. Prices are based on debit card payment; additional credit card charges apply.
  9. Bookings made over the telephone will carry a non-refundable £10 booking fee per person per ticket.
  10. This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, or deal, including but not limited to: (i) redemption bookings; (ii) travel agent or industry discount fares (including but not limited to agency, industry and employee discounts), inclusive holidays, group discount fares, children/infant fares, or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in the qualifying classes; (iii) bookings made with vouchers (eg shareholder’s discount vouchers); or (iv) upgrades.
  11. All travel on BA flights is subject to BA's general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage (see ba.com) and the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket and itinerary.
  12. Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall prevail if there is any conflict between these and the promotional materials.
  13. BA reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets or vouchers issued free or at promotional prices in the event of major catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, strike, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BA.
  14. British Airways is not liable for the reproduction of this offer or indirect access via third party websites of these terms and where such reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with this promotion.
  15. This promotion, and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it, is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
  16. Promoter is British Airways Plc (“BA”), Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.