Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I had it but it wouldn't let me book it! :-(

Last edited by CaroFos; Aug 28, 2019 at 1:37 pm
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Is it just me, or are flights for next Easter looking unusually expensive for this time of year? In years gone by I'd typically be looking at something to the Caribbean around about now (to get over my post-summer holiday depression), but WTP is coming out around £1500 for most destinations/dates in the school hols. Even WT (not going there) won't offer much change from £900 - and that's about the limit I'd go to for WTP with the hope of upgrading later on...

By comparison, 3 years ago I got a great deal CW to Cancun (one leg upgraded) for about £1100 plus some Avios each.

Is that sort of pricing a thing of the past... or am I just being impatient...?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:47 pm

My hope for something to SFO in December isn’t looking good yet!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
INV-LAX in WTP for GBP 562 rtn as soon as November is pretty good. Especially given some generous availability in CW for Avios upgrades...
Arsey00 and Dicksbits like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA Blue, SPG Silver
WTP to Tokyo in November for £1,000 via the JAL website - is this a good deal for WTP? Is it worth it?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Hawker_Hunter
WTP to Tokyo in November for £1,000 via the JAL website - is this a good deal for WTP? Is it worth it?
it’s a good deal for wt+ to Tokyo if that’s what you want to fly, note it would not be upgradeable to business using gif/avios.
Hawker_Hunter likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:34 am

There appears to be some price reductions in F fares.
From a quick glance looks like mostly Dec to March
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:00 am

If this is BA’s latest attempt at a sale, I’ll be taking my business for 2020 to United. Their prices are better for anything I’m looking at ex DUB. The new Polaris lounges & cabin are better than any club world cabin (save for A350 which I haven’t flown) and with TK continuing to offer status match for BA Gold, it’s a no brainer
Tiger_lily and MiraculousM like this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by anniegray
There appears to be some price reductions in F fares.
From a quick glance looks like mostly Dec to March
Nothing for F to DEN which is what I am after in March
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Is it just me, or are flights for next Easter looking unusually expensive for this time of year? In years gone by I'd typically be looking at something to the Caribbean around about now (to get over my post-summer holiday depression), but WTP is coming out around £1500 for most destinations/dates in the school hols. Even WT (not going there) won't offer much change from £900 - and that's about the limit I'd go to for WTP with the hope of upgrading later on...

By comparison, 3 years ago I got a great deal CW to Cancun (one leg upgraded) for about £1100 plus some Avios each.

Is that sort of pricing a thing of the past... or am I just being impatient...?
Similar for Dubai. Waited a few months but still silly prices for WT+ and CW so gave up and used a Joker to book avios seats in CW instead. I still think the prices will drop at some point.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:13 pm

Still desperately hoping for cheaper flights to LAS in November, J or F.
Been silly prices for ages now
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club
Was the sale not meant to drop last Thursday, and then today? No sign yet. I did have a google earlier and the last two years it appears to have dropped on August 31st
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:53 pm

Most of the flights I've been looking at are on sale. VS starting to follow them too now.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
Do they tend to follow the UK sale with a sale in Europe and if so, does anyone know what the time lag might be: looking for an ex-EU to the Far East and wondering whether to book now or wait out a few days?!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
No sale from CX - indeed some of their pricing looks extortionate. W CGK to Aus was about £600 most of the first part of this year (not bad for 360 Tp) - currently an eye watering £1800

The Premium Fare thread prices listed ex Scandi to Asia shows prices for QR that you mostly can't book unless you accept an 8/10 hour twilight hour layover.

EF shows 9's in most QR cabins to Asia ex Scandi but the only remotely sensible prices are in Y..

Chances are at this rate Boris might blink first. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.