Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Got an email through 45 seconds ago and clicked on the link to say this offer has now ended.

Shortest sale of all time?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
Got an email through 45 seconds ago and clicked on the link to say this offer has now ended.

Shortest sale of all time?
you’re not missing much! Prices are higher than 2 weeks ago (at least for the flights I’m interested in). BA really not making a convincing case for me to fly them over af/klm/vs
MiraculousM and mikem004 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by lily23

you’re not missing much! Prices are higher than 2 weeks ago (at least for the flights I’m interested in). BA really not making a convincing case for me to fly them over af/klm/vs
Yes. Very poor

looking on BA site seems like many Europe destinations in CE haven't changed, but I swear they have just slapped a "sale" logo next to it

similar to some worldwide destinations in Y, Northern USA etc, just seem to have a sale logo

nothing to get excited about
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Sale started August 27!

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Yes. Very poor

looking on BA site seems like many Europe destinations in CE haven't changed, but I swear they have just slapped a "sale" logo next to it

similar to some worldwide destinations in Y, Northern USA etc, just seem to have a sale logo

nothing to get excited about
Probably haven't changed because the sale prices started on August 28 When I read the page I landed on from yesterday's email!!

"Advertised flight and holiday sale prices available since 28 August 2019 and discounted from lowest price available in the 27 days before 28 August 2019."

Apologies for Typo in title can't correct

Last edited by Modo; Sep 6, 2019 at 12:18 am Reason: Tried to correct title to Aug 28 not 27
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:55 am
Suspended

Some of the South American routes in WT beat Norwegian pricing
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Modo
Probably haven't changed because the sale prices started on August 28 When I read the page I landed on from yesterday's email!!

"Advertised flight and holiday sale prices available since 28 August 2019 and discounted from lowest price available in the 27 days before 28 August 2019."

Apologies for Typo in title can't correct
This is also untrue. I have been looking at flights to PHL/ NYC for MONTHS and they were def cheaper in June than they are now / were in the sale. They elevated the prices then bought them back down but were still £200 more than the June prices. In the end, i ended up booking with another airline to Newark that isnt in the one world alliance.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
This is also untrue. I have been looking at flights to PHL/ NYC for MONTHS and they were def cheaper in June than they are now / were in the sale. They elevated the prices then bought them back down but were still £200 more than the June prices. In the end, i ended up booking with another airline to Newark that isnt in the one world alliance.
June obviously falls outside the ‘27 days before 28th August’.
Modo likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:26 am

Trying to book tickets for husband and son in August out to SFO and back from LAX. Already have 241 tickets booked for me and other son. The price in WT is EXTORTIONATE!!! Do I need to wait and hold my nerve or is this as good as its going to get??! Really don't want to fork out over £900 for WT.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nogoingback
Trying to book tickets for husband and son in August out to SFO and back from LAX. Already have 241 tickets booked for me and other son. The price in WT is EXTORTIONATE!!! Do I need to wait and hold my nerve or is this as good as its going to get??! Really don't want to fork out over £900 for WT.
LAX is a very competitive route and prices are usually pretty good. As long as it's over a Saturday night and not in the next week, I'd be very surprised if it works out that much. Perhaps it could be pricing 2 one ways for you as it's different airports?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:53 am

Another quick add to say prices at the moment particularly to the US aren't all that great. Washington is actually a joke compared to what it has been in the past year or two
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Direct flights to TPA as good as £270 on Basic Economy in November, great value and cheaper than Norwegian. Just booked one for £230 using a few Avios to drop price.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Direct flights to TPA as good as £270 on Basic Economy in November, great value and cheaper than Norwegian. Just booked one for £230 using a few Avios to drop price.
That's very good. Norweigan like a Florida TATL and that's really helped cool BA's pricing in that area over the last couple years
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes it must have, although MCO and MIA often had competitive prices TPA was rarely below £500 2/3 years ago. Great for the consumer ^
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:30 pm

What’s regarded as a good price for LHR-LAS or SFO in J?

Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Direct I’d say £1,700-2,000

In Jan you can fly INV-LHR-LAS-LHR in F for £1,950 which is very decent
mclachlan4321 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.