Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by Stoneleigh17
Dear All,
I've been reading the forum for ages and learnt a lot but this is my first post.

Would love to take advantage of this deal either New York, Washington or Philadelphia first one way and business for the return to celebrate a couple of significant birthday/anniversaries.
However the big stumbling block is there are 3 of us, my husband, me and my sister, and this only works for multiple of 2.

Can anyone suggest what would be the best way of getting the 3rd ticket?
We only travel for leisure and have only been business once- it was fab- so only have 130K avios (thanks to advice from the forum & black ba credit card) in a household account plus an extra 30k in my sisters account.
We don't have any status as we are are lowly blues; Hubbie has a 2 for 1 voucher too

Looked at reward flights but haven't got enough in one account to do the first/business return booking so would have to be 2 one ways from the 2 accounts
I'd also be worried about the flights for the 3 of us not having the same reference.

Buying an additional ticket at an extra £3k (for travel this weekend) isn't an option either: we were even wondering what the situation would be at buying 4 tickets but only 3 of us travel?
It seems on paper to work out cheaper.
If we did this, would there be a problem at check in for instance?
Would we also be able to part pay in avios to bring the cost of the 4 tickets down?

Sorry for so many questions: we totally appreciate that there may not be a way to do this but saw the offer and thought if we can get it to work, then we'd go for it!

Thanks in advance for any help: apologies if this would be better placed in the 'help find me a good fare' beta post too

Julie
A couple of thoughts - BA have an offer on purchasing Avios so you could look at topping up one of the accounts relatively cheaply and getting one pair of flights in the sale and the third using Avios. If your sister was to 'move in' with you she could be added to the Household Account which provides another route to share Avios.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:47 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Sorry Boys -. The USA is indeed useful however as I can take HI to shout at the builders in HNL.

Can you tell me? I do not get the CE offers - what sort of fares are out there?

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Aug 14, 2019 at 4:02 am
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I asked about this and it seemed to be an uncovered version of the fare...

"London Heathrow to Amsterdam, Stockholm, Belfast, Billund, Brussels, Basel, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Geneva, Leeds Bedford, Luxemburg, Lyon, Manchester, Marseilles, Oslo, Prague, Toulouse, Venice and Zurich are available for selected outbound travel dates between 13 August and 30 September 2019"

A shot in the dark with Gothenburg, which I thought was a 160tp return (it isn't) was some fares at £195. I'm not sure if that's normal (like Luxembourg being low lots). Luxembourg seems to be £149 some days in the period. Manchester consistently £179.

So in summary the CE is pretty similar to a normal sale, a bit cheaper for some, nothing special for 80tp destinations, not even sale prices.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I don't know if this is how the sale is meant to be, but looks like the pricing page is offering a really difficult choice to make (booking for 1 adult)...

DrLibra, Smid, florens and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Here are the highlight fares for Club Europe flights and holiday bookings.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
A couple of thoughts - BA have an offer on purchasing Avios so you could look at topping up one of the accounts relatively cheaply and getting one pair of flights in the sale and the third using Avios. If your sister was to 'move in' with you she could be added to the Household Account which provides another route to share Avios.
Thanks Pomkiwi
I hadn't thought of buying Avios so will definately look into that.
Thanks very much
kasmersensei likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by contractor
I tried the same for my LHR-DXB flights for Sept. I originally booked CW+WTP and then UUA to F+CW for a total cost of about 2500 back in December last year.

A new First both ways booking costs circa 3k but when I enquired about changing my booking was told it would be £1015, mainly due to 300 per person change fees...
I think the change fee on our booking was something like £150pp but the BAEC agent said as we're upgrading there's no fee? Not sure I've heard of that before but I wasn't going to question it.

Interestingly our total booking cost including the upgrade/ amendment is still a fair bit less than the best sale price for the package so I'm feeling very happy

I initially asked for the price to change both legs to CW (from the original booking in WT+), I knew First was pricing circa £100pp extra on the outbound flight so I then asked the agent to see what impact that had, I almost fell off my chair when it then came out at £6pp extra!! I'm not normally too worried about First over Club on the 747, but the opportunity to buy at £0.09/TP was a litte too good to miss!
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by ab007
I think the change fee on our booking was something like £150pp but the BAEC agent said as we're upgrading there's no fee? Not sure I've heard of that before but I wasn't going to question it.

Interestingly our total booking cost including the upgrade/ amendment is still a fair bit less than the best sale price for the package so I'm feeling very happy

I initially asked for the price to change both legs to CW (from the original booking in WT+), I knew First was pricing circa £100pp extra on the outbound flight so I then asked the agent to see what impact that had, I almost fell off my chair when it then came out at £6pp extra!! I'm not normally too worried about First over Club on the 747, but the opportunity to buy at £0.09/TP was a litte too good to miss!

So after a 20 minute call I'm now being told that they can't undo an UUA fare and I'm stuck with what I have. Frustrating. Is the general consensus to just keep trying until I get lucky?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Thank you all for your help!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Trying to book the current companion J sale to LAS. So many flights J9 C9 R9 I0 so can't book.

What's the betting the I0 suddenly changes when the sale ends Monday. Frustrating.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:57 am
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by irmster
Trying to book the current companion J sale to LAS. So many flights J9 C9 R9 I0 so can't book.

What's the betting the I0 suddenly changes when the sale ends Monday. Frustrating.
Have you tried changing the POS to the US, apparently that opens up some I class.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by T8191
Typical BA “Sale” ... sweeping up unsold inventory.
Ummm, I think this is sort of the whole point of a sale, in this industry as in every other.
AlanA and TedToToe like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:30 pm

I love flyertalk, you all are fantastic! I saw that there was a sale on here, but didn't pay attention to the dates and looked for flights for next summer SJC to LHR for 2 people and I nabbed 2 club seats at the same price as the current sale!! Also because of everything I have learned from you all, I'm getting to do my first flight in first this Christmas using a 2 for 1 voucher. If it wasn't for flyertalk, I would be stuck forever flying no better than WTP.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
I think the intern is running this sale. Just booked for two of us from LHR to DXB for £3k total in First and it has booked into F with no change or cancellation fees at all....
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Toronto for GBP 1530 in F pp from EDI!

Hi,

I had not been planning on a long haul trip in Sep as a new membership year was just begining ( renewing gold) and had been planning a trip to SIN. HKG ( probably not now depending on the political destination) or TYO in late November so wss planning a trip to Europe in Sep for a week

However 1 look at the prices ( C GBP700 in CE to VIE or TXL from EDI and hotel prices of 400EUR pn ( for a hilton discouraged me)

Then the sale came on.

I missed out on the sale fares to LAS ( unable to price from EDI so separate tickets) and then the cheap fares disappeared.

I could get flights to NYC or WAS but the hotel prices were $400pn also.

Then saw Toronto ( fares available from EDI) and F fares for GBP 150 each way.

So Just booked 2 F tickets EDI-LHR ( overnight) -YYZ rtn for GBP 1533 each for my mother and myself ( my mother has not been to Toronto/Niagara Falls before)
The 1300 fliight to YYZ is sold out for the cheap fares so on the 1700 ( so a quiet morning at a LHR hotel then lunch in the CCR

Will spend 3 days in Toronto ,then down to Niagara Falls for 4 nights and explore the region ( hotel prices half that of toronto) then 1 night back in Toronto before the 1830 flight back.

Appreciate it is a short long haul to YYZ and the IFE will not be the best ( and the YZ lounge is not great just now- need to look at the latest status) but for an extra 150 GBP and the CCR both ways it is very good value)

Also 500 tier points in the first 3 weeks of my new mebership year is a good start.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.