Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016 [revised to 25 Jan 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Two routes will be moving to LGW South ahead of the formal move date.

from 11 January 2017: BA2273 will depart for JFK out of the South Terminal
from 12 January 2017: BA2272 will arrive into the South Terminal from JFK
from 19 January 2017: BA Naples flights will operate in/out of the South Terminal
Customers on these flights should check in at Zone A within the South Terminal

from 25 January 2017: all other BA flights will operate in/out of the South Terminal.

The BA First and Terraces lounges in the North Terminal closed on the evening of 04 January 2016. BA passengers can now use the No.1 Lounge and My Lounge in the North Terminal until the date BA moves its operations to the South Terminal (currently estimated to happen in November 2016), where there will be a new British Airways lounge. The new British Airways lounge in the South Terminal is anticipated to follow the latest concept found at EDI, GLA, IAD, CPT and SIN, and will include a dedicated area for First and oneworld Emerald passengers. It is not yet clear what form this area will take (ie. whether it will be a separate First lounge or include a Concorde Bar/Dining concept). For more information, see here and here

For information on the temporary lounge arrangements in LGW North, see this thread:
Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions
By way of guidance, the above Lounge thread is for direct questions and experiences on the No. 1 lounge, whereas the thread here below is suitable for discussing the broader issues arising from the move to South.
Print Wikipost

BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016 [revised to 25 Jan 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
I would take an educated guess at being an area where all who currently have access to F lounges will be able to use.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would not contradict this.
The J lounge satisfies that criterion ... as indeed does the whole public part of the airport
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:32 pm

Planned LGW based Shorthaul fleet for S16 sees a slight increase in capacity:

11x A319 (G–DBC* x11)
15x A320 (G–GAT* x10, G–MEDK, G–MID* x4)
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
G-MEDK is still going?

Has the window been added at 1F?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by srbrenna
G-MEDK is still going?

Has the window been added at 1F?
Yes and nope, respectively.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TCX69
Planned LGW based Shorthaul fleet for S16 sees a slight increase in capacity:

11x A319 (G–DBC* x11)
15x A320 (G–GAT* x10, G–MEDK, G–MID* x4)
This will mean all ex-BD aircraft are based at LGW, so the LHR narrowbody fleet will guarantee refurbished cabins. Any news on whether the ex-BD aircraft will be refurbished?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:46 pm

Just wondered if anyone knew the definite date the lounge will close in January? I fly out in J on the 2nd and was hoping to make use of the lounge
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Byould30
Just wondered if anyone knew the definite date the lounge will close in January? I fly out in J on the 2nd and was hoping to make use of the lounge
Welcome to Flyertalk Byould30. Welcome in particular to the BA Board, it's good to see you here and I hope you will continue to play an active part in this useful and entertaining part of the internet. I hope you have a good trip in January.

You should be OK, see post 379 above, the lounge closure/switch will be after your travels. I can't see it being pulled forward, it's conceivable that it could be delayed - but yesterday I was told "most unlikely".
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Genius1
This will mean all ex-BD aircraft are based at LGW, so the LHR narrowbody fleet will guarantee refurbished cabins. Any news on whether the ex-BD aircraft will be refurbished?
There are 5 MID* A320s - DO, DS, DT, DX, DY. Only 4 are going to LGW.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Chatting to a couple of the check in staff this evening and they saw the plans for the new lounge in LGW South this morning and they seemed very excited by the proposals.

They didn't mention any specifics other than 'bigger and better' with much better views.

I'm sure (hope?) someone will be along in due course who has seen the plans and can shed more light on the matter.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Is there any clarity on exactly when in Jan 16 the BA Lounge in LGW North will close?

I'm flying out of LGW twice in Jan and, being rather set in my ways, I'm not relishing the opportunity to be a Guinea Pig for BA's no doubt meticulously planned 'enhancements' to my pre-flight experience.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Byould30
Originally Posted by pjh981
Is there any clarity on exactly when in Jan 16 the BA Lounge in LGW North will close?

I'm flying out of LGW twice in Jan and, being rather set in my ways, I'm not relishing the opportunity to be a Guinea Pig for BA's no doubt meticulously planned 'enhancements' to my pre-flight experience.
See post number 379 above.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
My next inbound at LGW is 16 Jan, so I will be out in the cold!

Lovely end to a long trip back from HNL via half the USA and DUB

/RANT
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016

My next LGW flight is 2 days before the rumoured closure date. Will be interesting!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
My next LGW flight is 2 days before the rumoured closure date. Will be interesting!
You might get some furniture on the cheap if you ask nicely!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016

Lol. May need some help to take one of the sofas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.