Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016 [revised to 25 Jan 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Two routes will be moving to LGW South ahead of the formal move date.

from 11 January 2017: BA2273 will depart for JFK out of the South Terminal
from 12 January 2017: BA2272 will arrive into the South Terminal from JFK
from 19 January 2017: BA Naples flights will operate in/out of the South Terminal
Customers on these flights should check in at Zone A within the South Terminal

from 25 January 2017: all other BA flights will operate in/out of the South Terminal.

The BA First and Terraces lounges in the North Terminal closed on the evening of 04 January 2016. BA passengers can now use the No.1 Lounge and My Lounge in the North Terminal until the date BA moves its operations to the South Terminal (currently estimated to happen in November 2016), where there will be a new British Airways lounge. The new British Airways lounge in the South Terminal is anticipated to follow the latest concept found at EDI, GLA, IAD, CPT and SIN, and will include a dedicated area for First and oneworld Emerald passengers. It is not yet clear what form this area will take (ie. whether it will be a separate First lounge or include a Concorde Bar/Dining concept). For more information, see here and here

For information on the temporary lounge arrangements in LGW North, see this thread:
Temporary BA Lounge at LGW North - No. 1 Lounge - Photos, reviews, questions
By way of guidance, the above Lounge thread is for direct questions and experiences on the No. 1 lounge, whereas the thread here below is suitable for discussing the broader issues arising from the move to South.
Print Wikipost

BA to move to LGW South Terminal Nov 2016 [revised to 25 Jan 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA Gatwick lounge

I am flying to Vienna on Jan 3rd. I wonder if BA will running down their bar stock ?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drmish1
Surely there is going to be some sort of better arrangement than what I am reading here.....?! We have an F trip booked out of LGW in April.... we have PP cards and were expecting a lot better than just being in the usual No 1 lounge.... surely at least it will be unlimited free champagne etc if there is literally no other lounge option?
Good luck
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
Good luck
An exceptionally poor show by BA if there is no extra provision over and above the usual PP benefits for F passengers
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; ITA Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes you are right. I am going on Sunday 10th not Saturday 9th. Well spotted
Another time then :-)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
An exceptionally poor show by BA if there is no extra provision over and above the usual PP benefits for F passengers
Speaking as an OWE, I'm not sure about that...
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds about right.

Look I may be wrong and please do make your complaint, but I don't think BA gives a toss about F pax at LGW.

I have already asked if there will be an F lounge in the new BA terminal at LGW and endeavoured to underscore the importance of such a facility. I did not receive a reply.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Speaking as an OWE, I'm not sure about that...
Don't follow....?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:51 pm

Sounds about right.

Look I may be wrong and please do make your complaint, but I don't think BA gives a toss about F pax at LGW.

I have already asked if there will be an F lounge in the new BA terminal at LGW and endeavoured to underscore the importance of such a facility. I did not receive a reply.
Seems completely accurate that they don't give a toss.... it's a real shame those of us who want to travel to F destinations that are only offered from LGW (rather than going indirect), I can't think of many other national carriers who do not provide any sort of premium lounge environment for F pax departing from their base city, a joke
If only the caribbean destinations were offered out of LHR...
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Where can I find an update on the improvments being made to the No 1 Gatwick Lounge?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
There will be no F lounge in the south terminal, according to the lounge lady today. Makes sense with F being removed from the B772 fleet by 2020. One big lounge it is then

Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Where can I find an update on the improvments being made to the No 1 Gatwick Lounge?
The old bar is being/has been moved, the Spa and the cinema area are being taken out, and replaced with around 100 extra seats. Should be complete by the end of the year apparently.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Airprox
There will be no F lounge in the south terminal, according to the lounge lady today. Makes sense with F being removed from the B772 fleet by 2020. One big lounge it is then
No totally separate lounge, but I am fairly sure they have plans for F facilities once within. However what form these are to take is anyone's guess (Concorde Bar etc) but with the lack of 1st out of LGW, I would take an educated guess at being an area where all who currently have access to F lounges will be able to use.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
I would take an educated guess at being an area where all who currently have access to F lounges will be able to use.
I would not contradict this.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
A 'Gold Bar' ?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Seems completely accurate that they don't give a toss.... it's a real shame those of us who want to travel to F destinations that are only offered from LGW (rather than going indirect), I can't think of many other national carriers who do not provide any sort of premium lounge environment for F pax departing from their base city, a joke
If only the caribbean destinations were offered out of LHR...

^
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
BA has no direct competition for F from London to Bermuda and the Caribbean so it is a bit of a sellers market. Having said that most potential F passengers will vote with their purse/wallet if BA do not provide a premium service in F.

I have one flight in F to the Caribbean next spring and very interested to see BA's performance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.