Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Deleting individual recent searches seems to be working again on desktop browsers - thank you!
Old May 18, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: LH HON
I'm unable to access a reservation (AA Award ticket op by BA). I do have the BA PNR and I can see the booking on the BA App. However both on the app and on any browser / pc combination the MMB times out. One out of ten times I can actually reach the MMB page, but trying to select a seat will also time out the request. This does not happen with another BA PNR. Any ideas? Maybe the ticket has not been fully processed yet on the BA end? At AA it's been ticketed.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:14 am

ckx2:

I am having the same problem On the first half of the trip last week. I could get to my res. mmb but not for my wife. They are award tickets. When the 24 hour check time frame happened I could still not access my wife's res. Then I got two emails from aa, one for each separate res, inviting me to check in. I clicked n them and got to mmb for both reservations and checked in. Strange. I still can't access my wife's res. mmb for the return trip,. I am just hoping the same thing happens for the return, aa send me another check in email.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:05 pm

I cannot book award tickets on AA at this time. Want JFK-EZE, AA has saver availability and expert flyer shows 7 seats in T class for several days during the 1st week of July. BA does not show any availability. I tried from the US site, then switched to Spain, but still the no seats. To me this new web site looks a lot like the Cathay Pacific site which has not garnered any good reviews.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I have a AA itinerary with the TATL sectors on BA metal. Every time I try to look at MMB, or seat selections in the AA app, the BA app, or the BA website, I get spinning circles and then nada. I've tried andriod and apple apps and get the exact same thing same with different browsers on a PC.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by jmj9905
ckx2:

I am having the same problem On the first half of the trip last week. I could get to my res. mmb but not for my wife. They are award tickets. When the 24 hour check time frame happened I could still not access my wife's res. Then I got two emails from aa, one for each separate res, inviting me to check in. I clicked n them and got to mmb for both reservations and checked in. Strange. I still can't access my wife's res. mmb for the return trip,. I am just hoping the same thing happens for the return, aa send me another check in email.
FWIW:
Thanks, ckx2. I've added seats 4E and 4F for your flight from XXX. Please note that although we've selected your seats, they can be changed for safety, security or operational reasons even after you've boarded the aircraft. I've also had a look at your booking online and we're aware of some intermittent issues where passengers can't use the Manage My Booking function. I'm afraid your booking is affected by this. If you need any assistance with your booking in the future please feel free to contact us via Twitter.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:55 am

Tried to make a complaint using the online form and each time the final submission results in "Sorry, there is a problem It looks like we are experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment. If you were in the middle of submitting a complaint or claim, your information will have been lost."

Seems like a good idea, make it really hard to complain to weed out the people who aren't that bothered...
Old May 21, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Anyone else having issues with reward bookings on the BA site? Trying to book a trip via LHR and it asks about stopovers. I select 'No' and it keeps trying to force me to enter a stopover date. If I do or don't, it just takes me back to the select stopover dates.
Yes I have this issue also and it is infuriating. It seemed to be intermittent over the course of yesterday, however today I've not been able to get it to work at all.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Login to BAEC generating error message. See Thread >>> Problems logging into BAEC
Old May 21, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by bisonrav
the future bookings are fixed for me too, at bloody last.
I'm glad they are fixed for you; however I just logged in and had zero future bookings listed (I actually had 8 or so - all of which are Avios bookings on AA). I'm pretty sure that all were correctly listed when I logged in last week. I was able to enter two confirmation numbers for bookings that I needed to cancel, so now I should be down to 6 bookings.

EDIT: I logged back in ~30 minutes later and all bookings showed back up.
T8191 and LCSinTexas like this.

Last edited by HPN-HRL; May 21, 2018 at 9:19 am Reason: Issue fixed itself
Old May 21, 2018, 2:48 pm

For what it is worth I just tried to log in to mmb with no success. Thanks BA
Old May 22, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I've finally been able to update my personal details on the BAEC page!
Old May 22, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Deleted

Last edited by bhbloke; May 22, 2018 at 4:05 am Reason: wrong pics!
Old May 22, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Has anyone else noticed this weird glitch with seat selection? You go through and select your seats, but the seat for the inbound flight of the return doesn't seem to register (even though when you go back in it's still there)

I've already selected it, but not registering here?

Yep, it's still in here!

Is it due to a possible equipment change, or is it just a glitch?
Old May 22, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
I cannot book award tickets on AA at this time. Want JFK-EZE, AA has saver availability and expert flyer shows 7 seats in T class for several days during the 1st week of July. BA does not show any availability. I tried from the US site, then switched to Spain, but still the no seats. To me this new web site looks a lot like the Cathay Pacific site which has not garnered any good reviews.
It's official. Big display on the search by avios page that BA is having 'technical' problems with AA and one should call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.