Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by paulwuk
I'm very surprised CWS doesn't have one
I was too, until I twigged it was three people. No single individual could spend so much time in the air AND be on FT 24/7 AND possess such an extensive detailed knowledge base about everything pertaining to air travel AND hold down a job. It's an amusing deception. Some people have multiple online identities but it's a neat twist for multiple people to have a single online life. They nearly got away with it too but they gave the game away with the farm in Northumberland - obviously a claim too far. So I nominate them for 3 MUCCIs.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Useless I have been very naive (which would be very unusual for me) I think that you have got that wrong fripperies.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Well it's only speculation on my part but it fits the facts. But then maybe you have the advantage of having met him, I mean them, in person.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Originally Posted by fripperies
... They nearly got away with it too but they gave the game away with the farm in Northumberland ...
^
Surely a Mucci-award-winner line there, if I was doling them out! Ridiculously charming.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Fly Baby
Well, if so many people genuinely believe it adds to their enjoyment of the forum then there's no reason to not continue with the silliness - threads can always be ignored by those here for another/more specific reason.
This. I'm all for republics I suppose, but it hardly seems worth the fight on here and it's not like regulars to a space like this won't find other ways to become cliquey.

Considering that, the traditional and beloved ways of forming cliques have their charm and value to the forum, they aren't just a quaint oddity but help give it a unique flavor and bring people together in a fun way. While it may put off some, it's going to appeal to many others.

Speaking as a firm non-candidate either way and a long time lurker in this particular forum, I'd go so far as to say that it would be better if the practice were to continue as it did in the old days. Turning it into a merit award just risks making the whole thing more invidious than it really should be IMO, as well as plain different. Notwithstanding some obvious candidates, c-w-s seems to be a consensus one, changing the whole thing is as good as getting rid of it IMO. Of course new traditions can emerge, too, but I do think merit awards are a whole lot less fun.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Finkface
While I am merely a regular-peruser-not-so-often-poster on this board, may I humbly suggest an honorary title for printingandbreakfast, perhaps in the 'Best Guest Appearance' category? While he has long since disappeared (unless he was merely posting in disguise and is still amongst us), his two posts were sheer genius and live on in infamy. Perhaps we could lure him back with some recognition, if only to tearfully accept.
Do you mean this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...o-manners.html
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Useless I have been very naive (which would be very unusual for me) I think that you have got that wrong fripperies.
My son is flying tonight, hope he is on your flight.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH
I do not the history of the MUCCI or PUCCI awards. I do not know the politics either. If the awards are any good, I am surprised that jerry.a.alaska is not mentioned so far. The speed of his responses in tracing old links that relate to any issue on earth is lightning and enlightening. Dutch_122 is helpful in finding obscure bookings. There are many others but I mention these 2. BA executive have slowed down a bit except they are helping people behind the scenes.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would have liked that too, it would have been nice to meet him again but sadly it won't be happening on this occasion.
Now if you get yourself over to New York we could have some fun.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
I would have liked that too, it would have been nice to meet him again but sadly it won't be happening on this occasion.
Now if you get yourself over to New York we could have some fun.
I have no movements planned until end of Jan, then heading east first then west in Feb.

Let me know your schedule, maybe I can take one of your flights.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No Feb rosters yet but I will let you know.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My take on Muccis are that they are just harmless fun and make the BA board a bit different, one where we don't take ourselves too seriously.
For it to continue to work it needs one thing and that is for Pucci to be more active on here.
When she posted more often old timers as well as newcomers were teased equally and could find themselves with a Mucci from day one, posters knew this and enjoyed the cheeky banter.
Now I will tease anyone given the opportunity but do so less because it's just all got a it boring if I'm honest, what (I) we need it Pucci back to push our buttons.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And Phil and HIDDY and all her men.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
And Phil and HIDDY and all her men.
Not me I'm past all that now.

It's time for the younger men to fulfil her needs.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01
As someone said before, chillax, IJAFIBB () and a very good one at that!
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I thought that IJAFIBB was a fare basis code at first but the made me Google it!
I never even thought it like looking like a fare code but I can now!

My take on Muccis are that they are just harmless fun and make the BA board a bit different, one where we don't take ourselves too seriously.

For it to continue to work it needs one thing and that is for Pucci to be more active on here.

When she posted more often old timers as well as newcomers were teased equally and could find themselves with a Mucci from day one, posters knew this and enjoyed the cheeky banter.
@ my bolding, Indeed it wasn't just regulars or 'cliques' and in my own view it was just some good old fashioned fun in her posting style and a change from the usual ticketing questions, best seats etc.

It does no harm to have a odd fun threads such as Mucci's, Missing Mugs in the CCR, HIDDy's funny posts and so on. These type of threads are miniscule in the scale of the daily posts, threads and questions etc. and that's what makes the BA Board unique in my humble opinion. YMMV as aways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.