Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by bullroot
Originally Posted by T8191
Over-sized pictures are a guarantee of non-MUCCI-ness anyway.
Size is in the viewers eyes, as I'm sure you know. And am very glad to be exempt from such a BS clique of nonsense.
Please revert to fretting about some very minor etiquette.
IJAFIBB, as you would say
Indeed, JAFIBB. ^

And yet you are drawn, like a moth to a flame, to both read and post on a topic you seem to abhor
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I like the irony of stating that you don't care about something so much that you feel the need to keep reading and posting on a thread, including going to the effort of telling everyone how much you don't care by posting images to confirm it.

Generally if I don't care about a topic, which happens a bit, I just don't read the thread. Never felt motivated to declare to everyone else how much I don't care about a particular topic.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
This. I'm all for republics I suppose, but it hardly seems worth the fight on here and it's not like regulars to a space like this won't find other ways to become cliquey.

Considering that, the traditional and beloved ways of forming cliques have their charm and value to the forum, they aren't just a quaint oddity but help give it a unique flavor and bring people together in a fun way. While it may put off some, it's going to appeal to many others.

Speaking as a firm non-candidate either way and a long time lurker in this particular forum, I'd go so far as to say that it would be better if the practice were to continue as it did in the old days. Turning it into a merit award just risks making the whole thing more invidious than it really should be IMO, as well as plain different. Notwithstanding some obvious candidates, c-w-s seems to be a consensus one, changing the whole thing is as good as getting rid of it IMO. Of course new traditions can emerge, too, but I do think merit awards are a whole lot less fun.
I have to be honest and say that I am really taken with this post. It is generous in spirit and purpose and since I have decided that this will continue whilst I am allowed on the Forum, guess who is on the list as of now.

For all others, please join in - this is meant to be a bit of fun and not in any way about exclusion. If it were exclusive would the likes of CIHY, Uncle T8191, and God Help us all, Phil the Frying Pan and Grandpa HIDDY (the most ungrateful wretch who pulled up socks in the morning) be amongst them. Actually, you'd only have to ask I'm so soft of heart and head (but not of tongue) that I'd probably award you one.

May I add that you have a wee look at my handle - I think that I am the only Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk. That came from as High as you get here and if it is is OK by her then it is OK with her then it is OK by me. We Glam Goddesses (tht goes back years) have to stick together!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.