Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Talking Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

I have thought long and hard about this – well all of two minutes which is more than CIHY manage for anything and longer than HIDDY’s memory span. I would add that some of our newer pals here may feel a bit left out – and I do not want to do that. I have rather felt that there is a bit of Oldies and Newcomers (God I hate that stupid word “Newbie” – it rhymes with Booby and I refuse to use it) and I think that’s a bit clique-like and I don’t want to do that. I don’t read all the threads. I should say that I did not start this. Most of those who did are long gone, and much missed I might add. I was informed one day that there should be this Mucci of Pucci award and some has the effrontery to award themselves! I might add that they also created Glam Goddesses and told me that I was one whether I liked it or not.

It was a different time but it was all such fun.

So the ONLY people to be awarded today are SanDiego1k (herself a Glam Goddess) – BA Forum is indebted to her own sense of fun (who else would fight the corner allowing a Teddy Bear (Dyogenes) to post here, and to BA Executive Club. No Forum could have a better friend. Her patience and willingness to help beggars belief.

I am without words for the Mod Team here as no other Forum would tolerate this nonsense. So all four of them are included. I also include someone few of you know (except a very few) and who I am not even going to name but he knows that without him I would not be here in the first place and who helps me with posting and technical issues that are quite beyond my boredom threshold.

To the Seven I am creating with immediate effect the Knights of the Flying Hairbrush.

I have several other candidates who may join that number but I am now wanting to know if there is anyone who you think deserves a Mucci? Some people provide priceless information and help here and I may not notice as I am more into chatty (as opposed to catty) rather than matters with lots for fare and booking classes. That is due to nothing more than the fact that I do have a home, and a husband to run apart from anything else! I always start each year thinking that it will be my last but who can tell? What I will do is try to do a few more TFTGs but sometimes the ones I’d love to tell you are either far too risqué or are “politically incorrect”. I’ve got one on the go - it’s just typing the wretched thing!

So does anyone deserve a Mucci – let me know. Here please – I have a house full and I’m somewhat challenged for time. This has nothing to do with British Airways – but trust me – I’m on their case big time. So – there will be a New Years Honours List – but not quite yet!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:53 pm

Can we have a mucci du drying of wet shoes in J galley oven?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
To the Seven I am creating with immediate effect the Knights of the Flying Hairbrush.

Ye cannae count....I make 4 Mods, SanDiego1k and BA Executive Club six not seven.
Anyway, that's the top brass taken care of what about us minions?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
OK, I'll kick off with a sensible suggestion then . In addition to CWS who goes well above and beyond the call of duty, I'll nominate KARFA - particularly helpful in organising Dos for days I can't make, but also is very helpful in a large number of threads, particularly the convoy of flyers to HNL!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:03 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Ye cannae count....I make 4 Mods, SanDiego1k and BA Executive Club six not seven.
I think the seventh is enigmatically left un-named?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Has anybody apart from PUCCI GALORE and me (see this thread, which is probably too short for a purist) ever posted a TFTG? Such an individual would surely be a candidate.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by V10
I think the seventh is enigmatically left un-named?
Some people are not reading Her Pucciness' writings ...

"... I also include someone few of you know (except a very few) and who I am not going to name but he knows that without him I would not be here in the first place and who helps me with posting and technical issues that are quite beyond my boredom threshold..."
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Plus the one who isn't named.

Originally Posted by LondonAndy
OK, I'll kick off with a sensible suggestion then . In addition to CWS who goes well above and beyond the call of duty, I'll nominate KARFA - particularly helpful in organising Dos for days I can't make, but also is very helpful in a large number of threads, particularly the convoy of flyers to HNL!
I would second both of those. CWS is an oracle of wisdom on literally EVERYTHING and if nothing else, continues to amaze me by finding new posters and welcoming them no matter where they surface.

Young KARFA has really grown and come to age over the last year. As LA says, active on DOs and organising them. Very active and helpful in the TP Run forum trying to keep us neat and organised. And generally a good person with good attempts at humour.
KARFA does have a young friendly little helper / brother in arms in Calchas who has also really come to age on here over the last 12 months. He knows and quotes fare rules more so than the people who write them, is equally friendly and welcoming and his humour is also "there". Whether this list is the right one or a near future one is for the FT Gods and PUCCI to know.

Happy 2nd Jan from NZ.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I wonder if you would consider, in the finest tradition, of adding a "Bar" to our awards?
I would nominate Uncle T.
For all his continued input and of course, the JER do...!
A Mucci and bar sounds great....
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Call me mad or a spoilsport, but I believe that the MUCCI concept is no longer relevant to the BA board. The type of posting in which the MUCCI idea flourished is no longer seen and most of those who might be considered to have been in the group of interested parties seem to have disappeared (to mFT? ).

It has not been mentioned for years as far as I can recall and any one of us could have started a new honour to take it's place. The fact that this has not happened may indicate in favour of my statement above.

Last edited by Sixth Freedom; Jan 1, 2015 at 1:32 pm
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:29 pm
uk1
Suspended

I got mine some months ago for recounting how being "honest" to a future employer and telling him to "stuff his job" at an interview actually got me the job!

I was hoping there might be some sort of small monthly stipend. Perhaps even a photo with The Queen. Even perhaps a garter. Still even warm perhaps.

Nothing!

Happy New Year one and all ......

Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by chris1979
I would second both of those. CWS [...]

Young KARFA ...

Calchas
+1 x 3 (or +3 x 1 or whatever it is), would all be well-deserved if may say!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Long live the Mucci.

In these days of austerity and other enhancements, tales of glamour and reminders of how things could be bring a big smile to many.

If it were to be enhanced, I will still keep mine......
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
Happy 2nd Jan from NZ.
Modesty prevents him from self-nominating, so how about chris1979 - he seems to "manage" things quite well, without getting his hands too dirty (sounds like most of the people on the real NYH list!) .

He also never seems to be in Europe these days :-)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
CWS for the Oscar. Or MUCCI. or whatever
awesome guy.

Also: honourable mention to all the GGLs here who spend a lot of time educating each other about how the program works. eg chris1979, LondonElite, MrSimonR, LTNphobia amongst many worthy others

and yes dutch_122 sounds utterly mad by IB. in a wonderful way.
mikeyfly likes this.

Last edited by alexwuk; Jan 1, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.