Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Beansprout

There is definitely room in the world for an IATA version of Mornington Crescent. But it would have to have similar rules as Fight Club, as I have a hard enough time explaining MC to the uninitiated, so would not want IATA-MC to venture into the real world, except perhaps for post-prandial shenanigans within public houses or other suitable venues.

Happy new year
I thought the IATA version of Mornington Crescent was called "HNL"?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I think MUCCI's are all just a bit of fun and doesn't really alienate members.

As someone said before, chillax, IJAFIBB () and a very good one at that!

I also nominate Globaliser for all his detailed posts trying to help folks to understand fare rules amongst many other topics of which he is very knowledgeable about.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by PETER01
I think MUCCI's are all just a bit of fun and doesn't really alienate members.

As someone said before, chillax, IJAFIBB () and a very good one at that!

I also nominate Globaliser for all his detailed posts trying to help folks to understand fare rules amongst many other topics of which he is very knowledgeable about.
I'd nominate him more as a BA forum Ambassador for that type of work. That is if he was willing to be one.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
This is all quite sad.....I like the MUCCIs.

I might go so far as to say that an anti-clique is developing which is really rather ironic.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
IJAFIBB ()
I thought that IJAFIBB was a fare basis code at first but the made me Google it!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by srbrenna

I might go so far as to say that an anti-clique is developing which is really rather ironic.
Indeed....^

At the end of the day it's the Mods who will decide. I suspect PG will already have had a conference call with them from her winter escape somewhere in the Costas.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Don't break it if it is not broken.

As a relative newcomer, it is always nice to see these little traditions continue. I personally think it adds a little light-hearted banter that is very much associated with the BAEC Board alive.

Who knows, we may still be giving out MUCCI's when I'm as old as Miss PUCCI (Miss I presume due to young age? )!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: ABBA
Of course a British Forum needs an elderly matriarch to bestow honors at various times, and Long live Pucci, as I suspect it wouldn't survive a Charles.

I'm very surprised CWS doesn't have one, and Aztec_Flyer should be a candidate for the carpy1985 incident

I’d love to tell you are either far too risqué or are “politically incorrect”.
A sad day if a TFTG gets censored Post away, if anyone complains you can always utter "Will no one rid me of this turbulent poster" or similar.

One thought on the tone of the forum - the amount of questions and complaints will be constant, but the percentage of fun threads can increase only by people posting fun threads. I often go back to the Ragamuffin + Response thread when I need a smile.

Another thought - I wish that trip reports could stay in this forum for longer. The treatment of the CWS diary thread was terrible, it was gone to the forum of "how dare you say peasant" faster than Wile E Coyote, when the official policy was

Originally Posted by BAFT Mods
• Any non-BA travel/aviation threads will be given their customary run before moving on to the relevant home. We’d encourage you to explore further in FT too – there are many other forums with a wealth of information
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Fly Baby
Well, if so many people genuinely believe it adds to their enjoyment of the forum then there's no reason to not continue with the silliness - threads can always be ignored by those here for another/more specific reason.

For what its worth I certainly appreciate the inherent humour and good nature that most bring with their posts. Long may that continue.
Couldn't agree more. If it doesn't float your boat, move on. I'm a relative newcomer to the forum and certainly don't consider myself to be part of the old guard/inner sanctum. It was a surprise and a privilege to earn my mucci, which, if I remember correctly, was awarded for comments in a rather obscure thread (easily ignored/avoided by those who dislike the concept of mucci).
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Indeed....^

At the end of the day it's the Mods who will decide. I suspect PG will already have had a conference call with them from her winter escape somewhere in the Costas.
I always thought she'd be more a Kardomah person.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by greg5
I thought the IATA version of Mornington Crescent was called "HNL"?
We did have a BA 744 version of MC last year entitled 64K. I lost miserably by playing the bassinet gambit, leading to a GCH getting the coverted seat.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Regardless of the whole mucci issue, I just wanted to say thank you to those who did say that they appreciated and thought there was value to my contributions and help overall in 2014.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Aloha!

Lady PUCCI, I know you have already my Private Parchment with a nomination. I would therefore feel wrong by adding other names to that one - this Thread will serve its purpose and Your wisdom will determine the correct outcomes, as always

Weather here is on Waikiki a bit dull and windy, with occasional showers. I therefore doubt I shall attempt to be come a real Silver Surfer.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by dylanks
While things are more serious here than 3-4 years ago, this forum is a comedy show compared to the fairly boring AA (aggressive merge and moderate) and CX (very strict about staying on topic or repeating questions) forums. I do think a lot of the humour lives in the trip reports, which now mostly live outside of here.
I come to this forum mostly because the people are entertaining and many posts are written to amuse. I don't spend anywhere near enough time on BA to justify it getting so much more of my time than the AA forum, but it's worth reading here just for the amusement, beyond the informative parts.

Originally Posted by snuffi
As a newcomer it does not alienate, but it does confuse me, as despite reading some of the "what is a mucci" threads from a few years back I still could not figure out. I wondered if, like Mornington Crescent, that was part of the fun. More fun I thought was the prospect of multiple Muccis....
In jokes are always fun as long as they don't hurt the people still getting acclimated.

Originally Posted by Fly Baby
Well, if so many people genuinely believe it adds to their enjoyment of the forum then there's no reason to not continue with the silliness - threads can always be ignored by those here for another/more specific reason.
I will confess that I deliberately try to make witty (and helpful, as appropriate ) responses to threads because I'd be much honored if my contributions were noticed that way. I can't say I do anything like other posters named here at all, but the remotest prospect of recognition is an incentive that the other forums certainly don't have.

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I thought that IJAFIBB was a fare basis code at first but the made me Google it!
Me too. I also noticed that it was linked directly to Flyertalk, and who posted that definition.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
We did have a BA 744 version of MC last year entitled 64K. I lost miserably by playing the bassinet gambit, leading to a GCH getting the coverted seat.
It's a shame. If you'd been flying to the US, you could have played CAB ruling 2557.3.a of 1957 that would have allowed you to keep the seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.