Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
For a twist I would like to nominate for a Mucci all those who say nay to the Mucci concept.

To drop in and suggest change to a fun, unique part board on the basis that the board has changed is a kind of circular logic I can't quite get my head around. Nobody forces anyone to read anything they don't want to, after all. I pass on many threads.

Finally, I'd nominate KARFA for his Do organisation (though I've not yet made one...) and substantial help over in the TP (or of late should I say HNL) -run thread. Not all of us are heading to HNL for status-chasing TP runs; some like me wanted to go to HNL but had previously ruled it out due to cost/distance/hassle/lack of knowledge)

Lastly -
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Thanks to all for the explanation of the Mucci concept. As a relative newcomer to this forum, I found the concept as clear as the rules of "Mornington Crescent".
There is definitely room in the world for an IATA version of Mornington Crescent. But it would have to have similar rules as Fight Club, as I have a hard enough time explaining MC to the uninitiated, so would not want IATA-MC to venture into the real world, except perhaps for post-prandial shenanigans within public houses or other suitable venues.

Happy new year
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by irmster
I think the time has come and gone for this sort of stuff. It's not very inclusive, confuses newcomers and has nothing to do with BA.

With all due respect to the OP the board has moved on.
I think I agree with this. I think we're very lucky to have such dedicated, honest and frank BA insiders on our board, but this is all very cliquey and chummy and alienates new folk and those not in the know.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by opalfruit
I think I agree with this. I think we're very lucky to have such dedicated, honest and frank BA insiders on our board, but this is all very cliquey and chummy and alienates new folk and those not in the know.
Agreed + 1
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

It was a different time but it was all such fun.

So does anyone deserve a Mucci – let me know. Here please – I have a house full and I’m somewhat challenged for time.
I tried to auction off my MUCCI last year and only received one bid from a guy named "Kim Jong Mucci" who wanted to start a new thread on the N. Korean version of FlyerTalk...

But seriously PUCCI, you are a treasure that has infused a great deal of joy into the BA board. As others have noted, the heyday was several years ago and things have changed since – as has HIDDY...

While we are grateful for your wisdom and humor over the years, now is the time for you to relax and enjoy life without having to pander to a new generation of FT newbies.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
While I am merely a regular-peruser-not-so-often-poster on this board, may I humbly suggest an honorary title for printingandbreakfast, perhaps in the 'Best Guest Appearance' category? While he has long since disappeared (unless he was merely posting in disguise and is still amongst us), his two posts were sheer genius and live on in infamy. Perhaps we could lure him back with some recognition, if only to tearfully accept.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
While things are more serious here than 3-4 years ago, this forum is a comedy show compared to the fairly boring AA (aggressive merge and moderate) and CX (very strict about staying on topic or repeating questions) forums. I do think a lot of the humour lives in the trip reports, which now mostly live outside of here.

It did take me a good year or two to get the humourously, even after living in London for a few years. I still don't feel at all worthy to partake in the mucci/hiddy humour though. Maybe if I make it to one of the DOs this year?

Last edited by dylanks; Jan 1, 2015 at 9:36 pm
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: BA GGL
As a newcomer it does not alienate, but it does confuse me, as despite reading some of the "what is a mucci" threads from a few years back I still could not figure out. I wondered if, like Mornington Crescent, that was part of the fun. More fun I thought was the prospect of multiple Muccis....
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Call me mad or a spoilsport, but I believe that the MUCCI concept is no longer relevant to the BA board. The type of posting in which the MUCCI idea flourished is no longer seen and most of those who might be considered to have been in the group of interested parties seem to have disappeared (to mFT? ).

It has not been mentioned for years as far as I can recall and any one of us could have started a new honour to take it's place. The fact that this has not happened may indicate in favour of my statement above.

Let's not start this discussion, it was brutal and broke up lots of friendships.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:06 am
uk1
Suspended

I've read the thread .. probably getting old and blind ... so if I missed it "I'm sorry".

But the FT'er who has most benefited me by heads and shoulders on FT - and I believe a great many others - is Raffles both here and on legacy threads ie BMI and other places. I'll never forget for example the days of the great BMI Cash Balance Transfer Heist which was when he pointed out that MBNA generously capped balance transfer fees to I think Ł70 but allowed open upper ended churning of cash balance transfers with full BMI miles in the days when a mile was really worth something. I think I managed to transfer back and forth Ł30k each way twice a week for 7 or 8 weeks. That one germ of an idea he floated and we all chatted through and played with gave me so much almost free travel.

He is so helpful and patient and seems an unsung hero of FT.

I have suggested this in the past ... but if there was a candidate for a Lifetime Freddy of FT Award or A Mucci Garter then he should in my view be in pole position.

Last edited by uk1; Jan 2, 2015 at 3:16 am
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
In no particular order I think the following members should be considered:

dutch_122 who has helped so many re TP runs ^

LondonElite for the creation of the very popular DYKWIA Thread and all the funny stories within........most of which are believable.

corporate-wage-slave for all his help/advice and the knowledge he shares including the many threads he has created and his massive contribution to the Dashboard.

Stez for his wonderful Lounge Meet Up Thread.

Paralytic for his continued funny dry wit over many years. ^

KARFA For his organisation of Do's, his helpful posts and TR's (Stop referring to him as young, he is the wrong side of 30 )

A joint Mucci award to all the BA CC, Pilots, ATC and other members of staff who contribute here. ^

HIDDY and Phil the Flyer (is he still on here?!) have enough Muccis between them to last several lifetimes already so no nominations for them please
Not sure that HIDDY has any MUCCIs.

And yes where are PtF and HenkBaby?

I do agree with the above, each and everyone has gone beyond being helpful.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Palmer
That is an interesting thread which is worthy of analysis.

The thread started on 27-Jan-2007 and is nearly eight years old. There have been 1,611 posts to date. In the first four years there were 1,305 posts, or 6.3 posts per week. In the second (just-under) four years there were 306 posts, or 1.5 posts per week.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I think that any Mucci should only be decided by Her Mucchisty.

Thinking about the New Years honours list...I personally wouldn't want it to the nod up like that.

I am speaking as a minor participant in this forum, so couldn't possibly offer up much of an opinion.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
That is an interesting thread which is worthy of analysis.

The thread started on 27-Jan-2007 and is nearly eight years old. There have been 1,611 posts to date. In the first four years there were 1,305 posts, or 6.3 posts per week. In the second (just-under) four years there were 306 posts, or 1.5 posts per week.
As we all know, 6F, out of sight out of mind. When a thread starts getting buried in the neanderthals of the BA threads, people forget about it.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:56 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
It always was a terribly cliquey concept and involved much fawning and excruciating crawling and licking.

It really should have been banished years ago.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by BOH
It always was a terribly cliquey concept and involved much fawning and excruciating crawling and licking.
Which is why I refused mine*

Was I the only refusal?

*I actually think I was offered it by mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.