Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Utterly and Totally OT and OTT (again!) The New Year's Honour' List (MUCCI)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Kind of surprised some people are seriously against this.

I'm a newcomer so was never involved in the first place, though one of the first things I did when I joined was search around to uncover the meaning of this mysterious 'MUCCI' title.

But the way I see it, it's just a bit of fun and silliness - what's wrong with that?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
I too would have to row in with those who say the time has past for Muccis.

The forum has evolved and moved on from those days, both in terms of content and members no longer participating.

Even though I had one, I was never a fan of the whole Mucci concept and really felt that it contributed to the "in crowd" / cliquey nature that prevailed on the forum in those days. Those days are gone and think it's best that the Mucci left in the annals of history too.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Thoughts from a "newcomer" who doesn't fully understand the MUCCI concept even though I have read the history, why can't we have a bit of fun and silliness on the BA Forum? There are far too many whining threads on here from people who have their heads firmly wedged up their own behinds, as long as it's not offensive or personal, let's have a bit more silliness in 2015. I love the DYKWIA thread and the tongue in cheek posts.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by kered
Even though I had one, I was never a fan of the whole Mucci concept and really felt that it contributed to the "in crowd" / cliquey nature that prevailed on the forum in those days. Those days are gone and think it's best that the Mucci left in the annals of history too.
mucci annals? I'm sure there's a Pam Ann style joke in there somewhere...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Well I happily wear my order of the Flying Hairbrush, Diamond Class In the shower. Normally whilst preparing for an arduous day trip to Frankfurt.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
In the midst of the millionth question about what CW world seat is best and the apparent inability of people to use the search function, surely the whole MUCCI should be treated as a spot of fun. Would be nice to return to things as they used to be.

In relation to that the outstanding candidate is CWS.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:15 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by MickV
In the midst of the millionth question about what CW world seat is best and the apparent inability of people to use the search function, surely the whole MUCCI should be treated as a spot of fun. Would be nice to return to things as they used to be.

In relation to that the outstanding candidate is CWS.
I'd like to see more fun, but with respect to the wider point I would like even more to see less people piling in like a "pack" when they don't like a complaint post or are asked a previously asked question and just either help or ignore it rather than sneer or make nasty comments. It really adds no value whatsoever. Giving an inexperienced poster a link is nice. Telling someone they can go elsewhere if the complaint isn't liked doesn't really advance things much. Ignoring it is good enough if that is how someone feels.

It is the combination sometimes of the perception of cliqueyness with intolerance that both needs to be corrected IMHO. If people don't know whether they will get an inclusive and friendly and helpful reception - or see others attacked - then they probably won't post. This is the way to get more lurkers to make that first time jump into participating.

FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Well I happily wear my order of the Flying Hairbrush, Diamond Class In the shower. Normally whilst preparing for an arduous day trip to Frankfurt.
Is that day trip paid for by the company that you own or by a company owned by somebody else?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
Thoughts from a "newcomer" who doesn't fully understand the MUCCI concept even though I have read the history, why can't we have a bit of fun and silliness on the BA Forum? There are far too many whining threads on here from people who have their heads firmly wedged up their own behinds, as long as it's not offensive or personal, let's have a bit more silliness in 2015. I love the DYKWIA thread and the tongue in cheek posts.
^

The BA forum is the most popular miles and points forum on FlyerTalk, why remove the fun aspects of the forum. The quirky nature of the forum when I joined made it a lot more interesting.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Most interesting reading. I am taking a great deal of notice.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Most interesting reading. I am taking a great deal of notice.
I hope you are taking notes on whom a MUCCI should be bestow upon, and not the nay sayers.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:36 am

Great Thread! Have been a lurker for years, this is only my 2nd post, love the humour! When is Pucci next operating to/from EZE, my top destination...I will happily reschedule my flights just to be Puccied!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
Originally Posted by snuffi
As a newcomer it does not alienate, but it does confuse me, as despite reading some of the "what is a mucci" threads from a few years back I still could not figure out. I wondered if, like Mornington Crescent, that was part of the fun. More fun I thought was the prospect of multiple Muccis....
Well I like to think of it this way: Imagine a Grande Dame, a very witty raconteur with many interesting insights into the passengers and crew she has worked with and who has incorporated aspects of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland into her persona. The result is a "salon" where she intermittently holds court, regaling us with her stories and is suddenly taken by acts of caprice and awards people titles. Titles are awarded for everything for fawning sycophancy to suggestive stories about what may have been going on the 283 to LAX in the first class lavatories. She disappears for months and then suddenly she is back with some witty story and a few awards, slaps a few people down (off with their heads I said red roses not white roses) and she has gone.

On other boards you can read about all sorts of exciting things like sandwich fillings and overhead lockers: on the BA board you get boring eccentrics who bring their own sandwiches so they can focus on the more off the wall..

I know which I prefer
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
Well I like to think of it this way: Imagine a Grande Dame, a very witty raconteur with many interesting insights into the passengers and crew she has worked with and who has incorporated aspects of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland into her persona. The result is a "salon" where she intermittently holds court, regaling us with her stories and is suddenly taken by acts of caprice and awards people titles. Titles are awarded for everything for fawning sycophancy to suggestive stories about what may have been going on the 283 to LAX in the first class lavatories. She disappears for months and then suddenly she is back with some witty story and a few awards, slaps a few people down (off with their heads I said red roses not white roses) and she has gone.

On other boards you can read about all sorts of exciting things like sandwich fillings and overhead lockers: on the BA board you get boring eccentrics who bring their own sandwiches so they can focus on the more off the wall..

I know which I prefer
Being a relative newcomer (1 year of lurking, and half year of posting) I love this thread - and the excentricity of its members Let's keep the awards rolling... ^
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Well, if so many people genuinely believe it adds to their enjoyment of the forum then there's no reason to not continue with the silliness - threads can always be ignored by those here for another/more specific reason.

It does possibly raise the question of what else is acceptable as a subject for posting. For example, live trip reports ("OT"?) are often well written, very amusing and very relevant (it is a forum about BAEC after all) - yet these are moved to the TR forum...? To be clear, I'm not having a go at the mods but there is a slight contradiction I think.

For what its worth I certainly appreciate the inherent humour and good nature that most bring with their posts. Long may that continue.

Right, I have to walk the puggies - A Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2015 to you all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.