Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK

We advise that you check your flight's seating plan regularly, as equipment changes mean changes in seating configurations are common.

Current Gatwick Airbus Fleet (correct as of 23/01/17):

Seat Configurations:

CY143 seatmap not included. Please see notes below.
G-GAT* (CY177) aircraft have no bulkhead in row 1. No 1D/E/F.

CY168 configurations have variable row numbering -

G-MEDK (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29. 01F & 29F have no window.
G-MIDT (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29.
Any G-E*** CY168 a/c temporarily based at LGW are configured as shown below.

Guide compiled by GSTBK
Print Wikipost

Gatwick Airbus Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Down Low
Further delays to G-GATU. Now looking at August for delivery.
Thanks for the note. ^ Any impact on schedules?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by paul4040
Thanks for the note. ^ Any impact on schedules?
Yes, there will be a few cancellations and type swaps throughout July at both LHR and LGW.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:44 am

August is now with us - so any info on when GATU will be delivered?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Flew BOD-LGW this morning and the aircraft had a wall with Speedbird sign in front of row 1 so I guess this must be the a/c on loan from LHR.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Flew BOD-LGW this morning and the aircraft had a wall with Speedbird sign in front of row 1 so I guess this must be the a/c on loan from LHR.
It was a Heathrow based A320, G-EUYB. She's been operating out of Gatwick since 22 June.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 3:26 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by TCX69; Feb 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Did G-GATU arrive as planned?
Thanks
V.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:28 am

Deleted.

Last edited by TCX69; Feb 10, 2020 at 10:02 am
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Excellent news. Many thanks TCX69
V.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:17 am

GATU is finally in service. The LGW A320 fleet is in two distinct configurations. 10 in 177 seats and 5 in 168 seats with obvious implications for flexibility in programming and switching. Has any consideration been given to making the MIDx aircraft permanently based at LGW and refitting them into 177 seat configuration?

Last edited by Davidmp; Aug 15, 2016 at 11:27 am
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
This aircraft flew the Thessaloniki flight from Gatwick this morning. Alarm bells started with observation no divider in cabin. So while the breakfast service started already CC were in and out of lockers above my head in row 2 but front row on this aircraft even to extent that one actually stood on my seat to get to the overhead when I was seated. Is this a new enhancement for CE pax? Additionally on breakfast finishing the front toilet was a free for all so again, was bumped while seated regularly. The matter was brought to the attention of CSD who had failed to control the situation. When prompted to make announcement this was carried out but it was all to late. As the CE was actually busy incredible as it is but CE pax had to Q to get to the loo. It was all poorly managed and failed to resemble a CE experience that surely BA have not stopped this low, but the final nail was yet to be hammered, first time ever for me, champagne run out! Pathetic all round.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
This aircraft flew the Thessaloniki flight from Gatwick this morning. Alarm bells started with observation no divider in cabin. So while the breakfast service started already CC were in and out of lockers above my head in row 2 but front row on this aircraft even to extent that one actually stood on my seat to get to the overhead when I was seated. Is this a new enhancement for CE pax? Additionally on breakfast finishing the front toilet was a free for all so again, was bumped while seated regularly. The matter was brought to the attention of CSD who had failed to control the situation. When prompted to make announcement this was carried out but it was all to late. As the CE was actually busy incredible as it is but CE pax had to Q to get to the loo. It was all poorly managed and failed to resemble a CE experience that surely BA have not stopped this low, but the final nail was yet to be hammered, first time ever for me, champagne run out! Pathetic all round.
I am not familiar with the 177 seat A320's. I know that in going from 168 to 171 they replaced the stowage and bulkhead in front of 1ABC, but to get to 177, did they remove one of the lavatories or is there an additional seat row? Neither ba.com or basource.com show this version of the A320.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TedToToe
I am not familiar with the 177 seat A320's. I know that in going from 168 to 171 they replaced the stowage and bulkhead in front of 1ABC, but to get to 177, did they remove one of the lavatories or is there an additional seat row? Neither ba.com or basource.com show this version of the A320.
A wardrobe was removed from the rear of the aircraft and an extra row of seats added.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Row 1 is effectively awful looking seats located just at the forward door. X1 toilet at front. Terrible config.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Originally Posted by nivsy
the final nail was yet to be hammered, first time ever for me, champagne run out! Pathetic all round.
6 rows of CE out to ACE last month.

Sat in row 1, I got one bottle with the first round of drinks. Those sat in row 2 behind were tea totalers, someone further back was on oxygen and definitely not drinking; not sure about the rest, but that was it for the duration of the flight.

A comment was made by a crew member "If he could, he'd have us serving Cava..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.