Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK

We advise that you check your flight's seating plan regularly, as equipment changes mean changes in seating configurations are common.

Current Gatwick Airbus Fleet (correct as of 23/01/17):

Seat Configurations:

CY143 seatmap not included. Please see notes below.
G-GAT* (CY177) aircraft have no bulkhead in row 1. No 1D/E/F.

CY168 configurations have variable row numbering -

G-MEDK (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29. 01F & 29F have no window.
G-MIDT (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29.
Any G-E*** CY168 a/c temporarily based at LGW are configured as shown below.

Guide compiled by GSTBK
Print Wikipost

Gatwick Airbus Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Silver, Emirates Silver, AF gold
Originally Posted by TCX69
It is planned to be G–GATK on Thursday.
Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:38 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Hi All

Flying to/from LGW on Monday and both flights scheduled to be on the G-DBC* range of A319's. Quick question. What seats do the LGW A319's have?

Many thanks

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:42 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hi All

Flying to/from LGW on Monday and both flights scheduled to be on the G-DBC* range of A319's. Quick question. What seats do the LGW A319's have?

Many thanks

Safe & Happy Travels

S
They have BMI seats that were recovered in a BA colour of leather. So in club the armrests move inwards and a table flips down.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Just to clarify then please that the new row of seats on the GATx aircraft has no impact on the seat pitch throughout the rest of the aircraft?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Just to clarify then please that the new row of seats on the GATx aircraft has no impact on the seat pitch throughout the rest of the aircraft?
The extra row will be where our wardrobe was..... Will mean less overhead space because the emergency equipment will be relocated in the lockers

My comments and quotes are my own opinions not my employers
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pandboy1
The extra row will be where our wardrobe was..... Will mean less overhead space because the emergency equipment will be relocated in the lockers

My comments and quotes are my own opinions not my employers
Makes being early in the scrum at the gate even more important in the future!!!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:51 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by andset1191
They have BMI seats that were recovered in a BA colour of leather. So in club the armrests move inwards and a table flips down.
Thanks andset1191. Are these any better/worse than the new seats? Are they like the older BA CE convertible seats? Been a lonnggg time since flew CE.

Many thanks

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Gold
We flew back from SVQ on G-GATN this week in 2D,2F which were very comfortable but I couldn't see how many rows were in the cabin altogether. What was very noticeable was how awful 1C would have been during boarding, though 1A would have been OK.

On the way out to SVQ earlier in the week though, a LHR A320 had been substituted following disruption at LGW and I think that aircraft (G-EUYA) was still in use on the route later in the week, so last minute equipment changes always seem possible. We had again reserved 2D,2F on that flight but managed to get moved to 1D,1F.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Thanks andset1191. Are these any better/worse than the new seats? Are they like the older BA CE convertible seats? Been a lonnggg time since flew CE.

Many thanks

Safe & Happy Travels

S
In my opinion, worse. They are very hard and lack any sort of significant padding.

They are not like the convertible seats as they are fixed with. As has been said a centre table flips down from inside the middle seat so you do have a centre console.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by davidrr16
In my opinion, worse. They are very hard and lack any sort of significant padding.

They are not like the convertible seats as they are fixed with. As has been said a centre table flips down from inside the middle seat so you do have a centre console.
I agree with this, the ex BMIs are the worst of all worlds in my book, along with the notorious DeltaKilo with no window at 1F. I just wish they would fit in the new cabins there. The ex BMIs also don't have the magazine /iPad rack up top - the easiest way to spot them - so the knee area is compromised.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by IanAsiaTraveller
We flew back from SVQ on G-GATN this week in 2D,2F which were very comfortable but I couldn't see how many rows were in the cabin altogether. What was very noticeable was how awful 1C would have been during boarding, though 1A would have been OK.

On the way out to SVQ earlier in the week though, a LHR A320 had been substituted following disruption at LGW and I think that aircraft (G-EUYA) was still in use on the route later in the week, so last minute equipment changes always seem possible. We had again reserved 2D,2F on that flight but managed to get moved to 1D,1F.
1A is FREEZING if you're waiting for a second coach of pax at a remote stand!!! Keep your coat on!!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I agree with this, the ex BMIs are the worst of all worlds in my book, along with the notorious DeltaKilo with no window at 1F. I just wish they would fit in the new cabins there. The ex BMIs also don't have the magazine /iPad rack up top - the easiest way to spot them - so the knee area is compromised.
I thought G-MEDK was supposed to have been withdrawn by now, any idea why it is still in the fleet other than they have nothing to replace it with?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:12 am
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Short flights, I'm sure I'll survive in 1D & 1F (Not MEDK unless there is an equipment swap). Even going to avoid going landside for a ciggie (as long as we deplane on a jet bridge of course). If we arrive and get bussed to the terminal then it might be a different story .

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Mar 13, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
In 1C domestic and didn't like it.... LGW

Travelled on the redesigned Gatwick A320 and bagged 1C domestic.

Unfortunately this plane didn't have the cupboard at the front which resulted in no locker space above head and getting hit by a lot of bags with passengers boarding.

Pleasant enough journey; but wouldn't like to be on this during school holidays or a busy period.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I thought G-MEDK was supposed to have been withdrawn by now, any idea why it is still in the fleet other than they have nothing to replace it with?

I believe they extended the lease

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.