Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK

We advise that you check your flight's seating plan regularly, as equipment changes mean changes in seating configurations are common.

Current Gatwick Airbus Fleet (correct as of 23/01/17):

Seat Configurations:

CY143 seatmap not included. Please see notes below.
G-GAT* (CY177) aircraft have no bulkhead in row 1. No 1D/E/F.

CY168 configurations have variable row numbering -

G-MEDK (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29. 01F & 29F have no window.
G-MIDT (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29.
Any G-E*** CY168 a/c temporarily based at LGW are configured as shown below.

Guide compiled by GSTBK
Print Wikipost

Gatwick Airbus Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Anyone else wondering what BA will do at LGW if these A320s prove themselves ?

If the loads are good should we expect further additions to the LGW based fleet over the coming years ?

cs
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Anyone else wondering what BA will do at LGW if these A320s prove themselves ?

If the loads are good should we expect further additions to the LGW based fleet over the coming years ?
As I understand it, the LGW A320s are to replace the 737s which are not being rapidly retired as these 'new' aircraft are delivered. If BA wish to grow their shorthaul network at LGW (which I believe they do), then more A320s would seem sensible.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Genius1
As I understand it, the LGW A320s are to replace the 737s which are not being rapidly retired as these 'new' aircraft are delivered. If BA wish to grow their shorthaul network at LGW (which I believe they do), then more A320s would seem sensible.
New or more used would be the question.

cs
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have flights booked in September to Thessaloniki from Gatwick and it's showing as an A320 with 30 rows on the left hand side of the aircraft. So as I understand it this will be on the 174 seat airbuses?

Where exactly is the space coming from for the extra rows? The exit rows are still rows 12&13 so presume an extra row being squeezed in behind the exits.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
That is only 6 seats fewer than a charter config. Aircraft....

I know that some offer 171 seats with only half a row one......

The space is being juggled with thinner seats and winding down the pitch, which is now too tight for me.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
That is only 6 seats fewer than a charter config. Aircraft....

I know that some offer 171 seats with only half a row one......

The space is being juggled with thinner seats and winding down the pitch, which is now too tight for me.
I dread to think what the pitch will be like (I'm 6'3). Got the exit row booked.

On the seat map it appears to show row 30 only existing on the left hand side. So on the left there is rows 1-30 and on the right is rows 2-29.

Presuming the are reducing the pitch behind the exit row to 29'?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davidrr16
I have flights booked in September to Thessaloniki from Gatwick and it's showing as an A320 with 30 rows on the left hand side of the aircraft. So as I understand it this will be on the 174 seat airbuses?

Where exactly is the space coming from for the extra rows? The exit rows are still rows 12&13 so presume an extra row being squeezed in behind the exits.
EI fit 174 on their A320s. Their seats are not as slim as the Pinnincle seats and don't have the eye level seat pocket (the A319s and a pair of A320s do, they are ex IB and have kept their IB Recaro seats). Legroom on these is fine. Most of the space is saved from galleys and bulkheads.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Skipcool
I really do not intend any offence but nearly every comment you post on here is critical of BA. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but it is becoming so predictable. Yes BA have increased their seating density and yes some people do not like it. However passenger numbers are growing on short haul and as you know operating profit for BA was in hundreds of millions of pounds for 2014.

I flew to Berlin and back last week. Row 22 out and right at the back on the way back. I am 6 3 tall found the new seat and pitch just fine. Very smart cabin and good crews each way. Plane also fully booked in both cabins.

As for the Gatwick aircraft which you seem particularly anti they seem to be doing ok too with very high passenger numbers for this time of year. 171 or 174 seats is still 6 or 9 less than Easyjet which you award plaudits too regularly. I have examined quite a few photographs of the interior of the Easyjet aircraft and have noticed that they also do not have front bulkheads. In addition at the back of the cabin on one only a see through panel on one side. This does not seem to worry you. Again this wouldn't worry me at all.

BA seem to be gearing aircraft to market needs and it seems to be paying off. If this leads to even more routes from Gatwick and more aircraft more power to them I say.

As I said no offence intended just my observations.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
New or more used would be the question.

cs
The also the option of ex LHR 320s with LHR getting new ones (NEOs?).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Skipcool
I really do not intend any offence but nearly every comment you post on here is critical of BA. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but it is becoming so predictable. Yes BA have increased their seating density and yes some people do not like it. However passenger numbers are growing on short haul and as you know operating profit for BA was in hundreds of millions of pounds for 2014.

I flew to Berlin and back last week. Row 22 out and right at the back on the way back. I am 6 3 tall found the new seat and pitch just fine. Very smart cabin and good crews each way. Plane also fully booked in both cabins.

As for the Gatwick aircraft which you seem particularly anti they seem to be doing ok too with very high passenger numbers for this time of year. 171 or 174 seats is still 6 or 9 less than Easyjet which you award plaudits too regularly. I have examined quite a few photographs of the interior of the Easyjet aircraft and have noticed that they also do not have front bulkheads. In addition at the back of the cabin on one only a see through panel on one side. This does not seem to worry you. Again this wouldn't worry me at all.

BA seem to be gearing aircraft to market needs and it seems to be paying off. If this leads to even more routes from Gatwick and more aircraft more power to them I say.

As I said no offence intended just my observations.
Not that I am defending Skipcool (good heavens! ) but one might hope for a bit of a gap between EasyJet and BA, particularly as BA markets some of those seats with no wardrobe and no bulkhead as "business class".
Old May 29, 2015, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Just wondering if anyone can provide an update regarding deliveries of the final 5 Airbus 320 aircraft to Gatwick? The final 737 retirements still appear to be going ahead by August. At the moment there appear to be up to 13 A319, 9 A320 aircraft (with regular swaps from LHR) and the last 5 737 aircraft. Things seem very busy in Shorthaul from Gatwick. For instance I read that for the autumn half term nearly 40 extra flights have been scheduled to meet demand.
As always any news and updates much appreciated.

V
Old May 29, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Gatwick Airbus Fleet 2015

Do you have confirmed info that the 737 retirements are happening by August?

I've a flight on 31 August that's on a 737.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
Just wondering if anyone can provide an update regarding deliveries of the final 5 Airbus 320 aircraft to Gatwick? The final 737 retirements still appear to be going ahead by August. At the moment there appear to be up to 13 A319, 9 A320 aircraft (with regular swaps from LHR) and the last 5 737 aircraft. Things seem very busy in Shorthaul from Gatwick. For instance I read that for the autumn half term nearly 40 extra flights have been scheduled to meet demand.
As always any news and updates much appreciated.

V
The remaining G-GAT aircraft have been delayed in delivery due to technical issues with them. The LGW Airbus fleet is therefore very fragile with three LHR based Airbus currently operating ex LGW - these being G-EUOB, G-EUUO and G-EUUU
Old May 29, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
Do you have confirmed info that the 737 retirements are happening by August?

I've a flight on 31 August that's on a 737.
I'd imagine 737s will be around until at least end year
Old May 29, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Originally Posted by Calchas
but one might hope for a bit of a gap between EasyJet and BA
But there is a significant difference between the two - in terms of reliability, comfort, service and punctuality Easyjet wins every time (and normally on price too)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.