Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK

We advise that you check your flight's seating plan regularly, as equipment changes mean changes in seating configurations are common.

Current Gatwick Airbus Fleet (correct as of 23/01/17):

Seat Configurations:

CY143 seatmap not included. Please see notes below.
G-GAT* (CY177) aircraft have no bulkhead in row 1. No 1D/E/F.

CY168 configurations have variable row numbering -

G-MEDK (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29. 01F & 29F have no window.
G-MIDT (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29.
Any G-E*** CY168 a/c temporarily based at LGW are configured as shown below.

Guide compiled by GSTBK
Print Wikipost

Gatwick Airbus Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Having read the thread, I will move us from 1AC to 2AC for our RAK flights.

2DF taken on both flights, unfortunately.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Hi, I was hoping someone could answer this question I have regarding the Gatwick Airbus fleet. My flights to Dubrovnik have recently both been changed from A319's to A320 aircraft, both ways. However each A320 has a different layout, as shown on this link here:

http://imgur.com/a/BIotL

I was wondering since these are both A320 aircraft, why does one have a different CE layout to the other since they are both LGW flights. I thought these only had one type.

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cattp
Hi, I was hoping someone could answer this question I have regarding the Gatwick Airbus fleet. My flights to Dubrovnik have recently both been changed from A319's to A320 aircraft, both ways. However each A320 has a different layout, as shown on this link here:

http://imgur.com/a/BIotL

I was wondering since these are both A320 aircraft, why does one have a different CE layout to the other since they are both LGW flights. I thought these only had one type.

Thanks for any help.
The 320 is one of the "newer" G-GATx aircraft, which were supplied about a year ago, without a front wardrobe on the port side of the aircraft. This means row 1 is right by the door. Row 2 starboard does have a bulkhead (and loads of seat space, one of the best on the BA shorthaul fleet). Not all LGW aircraft are like this, even for 320s, the reason essentially being that it allows more seats on the aircraft and thus more tickets sold. The older A319 does have a wardrobe in place between the door and row 1.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Having read the thread, I will move us from 1AC to 2AC for our RAK flights.

2DF taken on both flights, unfortunately.
Just remember that 2C can be an awful seat if the BA crew don't control forward toilet for use only by CE pax. I will frankly never fly CE from LGW again, waste of money and expectation when considering under normal viewing of my options of cost flying EZY.Personally I see little difference in service and I was just amazed about no curtain divider and crew not willing to stop forward use of toilet...2C gets bumped, bruised of battered or even crew standing on the seat when you sitting (trying to get comfortable) to get to overhead locker where they keep their own belongings.....truly awful! Its just not worth it....sorry....good luck!
Old Jan 27, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks Nivsy.

I appreciate your experience.

We are now sitting in 3DF. Expertflyer alerts have been set up for equipment change or in the extremely unlikely event that the current occupants of 2DF leave those seats before the flight dates.

I am not keen on LGW flights as it is not close to where I live and the return flight lands at midnight. Still, the new F lounge will be open by September and the free middle seat will help.

I suspect we will manage.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
TravellerFrequently - Have a great time in RAK though - it is a lovely place if you have not been before..
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by nivsy
TravellerFrequently - Have a great time in RAK though - it is a lovely place if you have not been before..
Thank you, Nivsy. ^

It is our second visit and we are looking forward to the experience with friends and family.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I got outed as Heathrow regular on a recent CE flight from VIE to LGW. Was in 3A and upon entering cabin I counted 3 rows and plonked myself into the third row thinking it was 3F, not realising that that side of the ac starts at row 2 and I had in fact positioned myself in row 4, a row further back than necessary. I even semi rolled my eyes when the person whose seat I was sat in notified me of it- only to realise that she was right *cringe*.

Last edited by South London Bon Viveur; Jan 27, 2017 at 8:39 am
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
You have to keep an eye on the seating plan on the Gatters A320 fleet. I had the large legroom 2F reserved for a flight to RAK. At the airport I found it had been switched to a standard 320 and 2F was now the actual second row, and 1F existed. I didn't quite realise and on boarding found myself in the wrong seat. Luckily row 1 was empty and I jumped into 1F.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
You have to keep an eye on the seating plan on the Gatters A320 fleet. I had the large legroom 2F reserved for a flight to RAK. At the airport I found it had been switched to a standard 320 and 2F was now the actual second row, and 1F existed. I didn't quite realise and on boarding found myself in the wrong seat. Luckily row 1 was empty and I jumped into 1F.
Indeed. Similar experience but less successful outcome on my return flight from RAK in 2015.

Expertflyer set up as a result although the equipment change issue that I had occurred on the day.

Is there a colloquial term for Heathrow like Gatters as there is for Gatwick - Heathers?

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jan 27, 2017 at 7:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.