Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK

We advise that you check your flight's seating plan regularly, as equipment changes mean changes in seating configurations are common.

Current Gatwick Airbus Fleet (correct as of 23/01/17):

Seat Configurations:

CY143 seatmap not included. Please see notes below.
G-GAT* (CY177) aircraft have no bulkhead in row 1. No 1D/E/F.

CY168 configurations have variable row numbering -

G-MEDK (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29. 01F & 29F have no window.
G-MIDT (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29.
Any G-E*** CY168 a/c temporarily based at LGW are configured as shown below.

Guide compiled by GSTBK
Print Wikipost

Gatwick Airbus Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
As TCX69 informed us last November looks as though 4 G-MIDx aircraft are on way to Gatwick for the Summer season which begins tomorrow. G-MIDO on the way now from Glasgow to Gatwick and G-MIDS on route to Malaga from Gatwick. Looks like a busy summer season ahead.
V.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Interesting mix of seating on the Gatwick A320 fleets then.... Going to make switching aircraft fun!
Old May 7, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Wardrobe bulkhead removed on LGW SH fleet and replaced with extra row or CE

I've just written a ranting complaint to BA, it seems all the LGW SH airbuses have had the wardrobe bulkhead on the left side removed and replaced with an extra pair of CE seats opening directly into the galley opposite the crew seats, right by the door ŕ la easyjet style.

The whole flight you smell the toilet feel the cold air from the door draft, people standing by you waiting for the toilet and watching the crew prepare the service. Other pax boarding bash into you, tread on you and hit their heads on the newly exposed overhead locker. The two previously available half lockers have now been blocked above row one for all the stuff that used to go in the wardrobe. And in the locker in row two the crew stored the trays for the trolley carts. There is effectively now two normal overhead lockers for the first 10 pax Above row 3.

I can't find a thread on this a anywhere else apologies if it is covered elsewhere - crew are encouraging everyone to complain - it's ruined the privelage of sitting the front as now there is no curtain is cold, noisy and stinks of the toilet, no locker space - you couldn't think they could ruin CE any more, but they have - has anyone else complained ?
Old May 7, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
This has been discussed since these birds came into service! But your points are valid! I always try and take 2 D/F now. Extra legroom, with the galley bulkhead in front. Best advice for next time!
Old May 7, 2016, 2:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
I've just written a ranting complaint to BA, it seems all the LGW SH airbuses have had the wardrobe bulkhead on the left side removed and replaced with an extra pair of CE seats opening directly into the galley opposite the crew seats, right by the door ŕ la easyjet style.
There's quite a lot about this in this thread generally, this specific post shows some photos and how to identify them:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25110166-post221.html
In short if there isn't 1F, you want 2F! It's not all of LGW's SH, there are other aircraft available there.

There's also some information in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-aircraft.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ul-cabins.html
(admittedly a monster thread, so it's quite buried).

I certainly will NOT be complaining, 2D and 2F are among the most pleasant seats in BA's shorthaul fleet, along with the 190 seats 2C and 2D, but even there you don't get the empty seat free absolutely guaranteed, though generally it is.
Old May 7, 2016, 3:23 am

The crew said it is being done to all the planes based at LGW - wardrobe removed and extra row. €700 for a CE ticket to inhale the stench of the toilet for the entire flight. The fight for the overhead locker space was unreal.
Old May 7, 2016, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
It is not all the short haul planes at Gatwick. The G-GATx aircraft will all soon have 177 seats with 30 inch pitch. Personally the front row in these for me is great being 6 3 tall. To be honest I am not too fussed about having to look at the cabin crew during take off and landing! I find the galley and toilet activity ok but I'm usually reading or using ipad and find the hustle and bustle reassuring. Each to his own. As others have said there are other options on these aircraft.
The A319 aircraft and other A320 aircraft retain the bulkheads/wardrobes. There are 11 A319 based there at the moment (seating 144 I think) plus 5 ex BM1 A320s which are configured for 168 passengers.
The 10th G-GATx aircraft is due any day soon for the busy summer season.
Old May 7, 2016, 6:38 am

I'm tall also, 6ft4 and there was plenty of room with conventional bulkheads, but now the open set up with the noise, the smell, the cold draft, constant flow of people, lack of over head locker space - all totally unacceptable for me for CE fares. Front row always held back for golds was a nice perk and a choice of 4 seats now on these aircraft only 2F is an acceptable seat for me personally. At least it is not all the aircraft if this is true, but the CSM on board said all the LGW short haul fleet were going to be changed like this and loads of people were hitting their heads getting on and off. I've been flying this route for 15 years up to 10 times a year and it's the final straw for me. But clearly others seem to be happy,
The crew indicated on both legs that everyone who had these seats was complaining. Wait until a trolly falls or rolls into someone's knee caps!
Old May 7, 2016, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
All 11 ex-BD A319s are currently based at LGW with the ex-BD cabin, plus one A319 with the usual Pinnacle seats on loan from LHR. All of these aircraft have wardrobes at the front.

4 of the 6 ex-BD A320 are currently based at LGW with the ex-BD cabin, plus one A320 with the usual Pinnacle seats on loan from LHR. All of these aircraft have wardrobes at the front.

All 9 of the second/third hand A320s are currently based at LGW, and have the usual Pinnacle seats but with no wardrobe in front of 1ABC.
Old May 7, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was on G-TTOE into Gatwick from GLA earlier this week and it has the pinnacle seats and wardrobe at the front. Is this a LGW based aircraft, I didn't think it was?
Old May 7, 2016, 9:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GDOCA
I was on G-TTOE into Gatwick from GLA earlier this week and it has the pinnacle seats and wardrobe at the front. Is this a LGW based aircraft, I didn't think it was?
It's not, she just had a few days holiday in Málaga and Scotland, and has since returned to LHR.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
is it still the case that to guarantee an exit row on an LGW 320, you have to book row 12, given some have 11/12 and some 12/13?
Old May 11, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Deleted

Last edited by Nimrod1965; Jan 1, 2017 at 9:32 am
Old May 11, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by irmster
is it still the case that to guarantee an exit row on an LGW 320, you have to book row 12, given some have 11/12 and some 12/13?
Yes, MEDK and other "visitors" to LGW have 11-12, but most have 12-13.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes, MEDK and other "visitors" to LGW have 11-12, but most have 12-13.
thanks. Have booked row 12 on my flights to/from PFO, so as long as it's not switched to a 319 should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.