Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK

We advise that you check your flight's seating plan regularly, as equipment changes mean changes in seating configurations are common.

Current Gatwick Airbus Fleet (correct as of 23/01/17):

Seat Configurations:

CY143 seatmap not included. Please see notes below.
G-GAT* (CY177) aircraft have no bulkhead in row 1. No 1D/E/F.

CY168 configurations have variable row numbering -

G-MEDK (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29. 01F & 29F have no window.
G-MIDT (CY168) has no row 13, rows numbered 1-29.
Any G-E*** CY168 a/c temporarily based at LGW are configured as shown below.

Guide compiled by GSTBK
Print Wikipost

Gatwick Airbus Fleet

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Can anyone confirm the arrival date of the tenth A320 G-GATx aircraft at Gatwick please? It will be registered G-GATU to replace the aircraft that was rejected last summer. It will be delivered with 177 seats after refit and maintenance at Woensdrecht.
According to another thread on here sometime in May is the due date. Most of the other G-GATx aircraft were delivered from Woensdrecht on a Saturday, usually undertaking a test flight over the North Sea. As the summer schedule ramps up at Gatwick I expect its arrival is imminent. Any information welcome. Thanks.
V.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
The G-GATx aircraft will all soon have 177 seats with 30 inch pitch. Personally the front row in these for me is great being 6 3 tall. To be honest I am not too fussed about having to look at the cabin crew during take off and landing! I find the galley and toilet activity ok but I'm usually reading or using ipad and find the hustle and bustle reassuring. Each to his own. As others have said there are other options on these aircraft.
The lack of wardrobe is a bit lame though, I don't really want to stuff my jacket into an overhead locker.
Old May 14, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
The lack of wardrobe is a bit lame though, I don't really want to stuff my jacket into an overhead locker.
I can't seem to recall ever being asked if I wanted my jacket hung in the wardrobe on SH, I assumed the wardrobe was for crew jackets and bags etc.
Old May 14, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I can't seem to recall ever being asked if I wanted my jacket hung in the wardrobe on SH, I assumed the wardrobe was for crew jackets and bags etc.
If you don't put it away yourself by the time they are getting around to checking seatbelts, that's when it will be hung for you. Happens in CE and the domestics if you're sat in the first row or so.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Can anyone confirm the arrival date of the tenth A320 G-GATx aircraft at Gatwick please? It will be registered G-GATU to replace the aircraft that was rejected last summer. It will be delivered with 177 seats after refit and maintenance at Woensdrecht.
According to another thread on here sometime in May is the due date. Most of the other G-GATx aircraft were delivered from Woensdrecht on a Saturday, usually undertaking a test flight over the North Sea. As the summer schedule ramps up at Gatwick I expect its arrival is imminent. Any information welcome. Thanks.
V.

Wonder when the next 10 A320/321s will be announced in the G-GAT series.

cs
Old May 15, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Calchas
There's a coat hook on the seats, which I always use (unless I've got my huge coat with me).
Old May 18, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering if TCX69 or others have any news of the delivery date
for G-GATU? Due in May I believe.
Thanks V
Old May 19, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just wondering if TCX69 or others have any news of the delivery date
for G-GATU? Due in May I believe.
Thanks V
Looking at mid June at the moment.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Many thanks DownLow for your response.
V
Old May 24, 2016, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Down Low
Looking at mid June at the moment.
Is there any particular reason for this? The original delivery date was quoted as April 16 then it was changed to May 16 and now there is a further delay.

Are BA having problems with these second hand aircraft - I believe all the GATx series have been prone to technical problems on delivery and that this has continued once in service.

Last edited by Davidmp; May 24, 2016 at 2:19 pm
Old May 24, 2016, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Davidmp
Is there any particular reason for this? The original delivery date was quoted as April 16 then it was changed to May 16 and now there is a further delay.

Are BA having problems with these second hand aircraft - I believe all the GATx series have been prone to technical problems on delivery and that this has continued once in service.
The G-GATx aircraft do not have particular issues once in service. As the engineering department gets to know them they have improved. I have been tracking them regularly and they fare no better or worse than most of the fleet. As for delayed delivery I think it may partly be to need for overhaul and refit and late arrival of seats. Always happy to be corrected.
V.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:21 pm

The G-GATx aircraft do not have particular issues once in service. As the engineering department gets to know them they have improved. I have been tracking them regularly and they fare no better or worse than most of the fleet. As for delayed delivery I think it may partly be to need for overhaul and refit and late arrival of seats. Always happy to be corrected.
V.
Thanks - reassuring that it is a supply problem.
Old May 24, 2016, 6:06 pm

Have to be honest, I was not a fan of BA utilising these GATx machines and was minded to try and avoid them. That has not been possible and now that I have flown on them many times I don't give them a second thought. BA maintenance operates to a very high standard and the rejection of the proposed G-GATO machine only enhanced that opinion.
When due to fly on a LGW A320/319 it is a much nicer experience on a GATx than MEDK and her ugly ex BMI sisters.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by G-BUSI
Have to be honest, I was not a fan of BA utilising these GATx machines and was minded to try and avoid them. That has not been possible and now that I have flown on them many times I don't give them a second thought. BA maintenance operates to a very high standard and the rejection of the proposed G-GATO machine only enhanced that opinion.
When due to fly on a LGW A320/319 it is a much nicer experience on a GATx than MEDK and her ugly ex BMI sisters.
I can concur this. I flew GATM shortly after its introduction into service last year and it was very pleasant and felt like a new aircraft.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Further delays to G-GATU. Now looking at August for delivery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.