Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grrrr Larnaca

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Grrrr Larnaca

People! BA has planned this carefully. Ok so food-wise sandwiches may be the best they can do, for now, but rest assured that multiple boxes of...beer are loaded in LCA. Enough beer to dull the senses all the way back to LHR :-)

PS. They also load a few other canned drinks. I guess they are doing whatever they can.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Nope. BA could upload proper catering from LHR and put it in the hold.
BA are maximising profits whilst offering the minimum!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Cyba
People! BA has planned this carefully. Ok so food-wise sandwiches may be the best they can do, for now, but rest assured that multiple boxes of...beer are loaded in LCA. Enough beer to dull the senses all the way back to LHR :-)

PS. They also load a few other canned drinks. I guess they are doing whatever they can.

What are they taking? Is there a plane full of Keo and Leon flying back to LHR?
Bendy
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BendyB
What are they taking? Is there a plane full of Keo and Leon flying back to LHR?
Bendy
The only "non standard" BA catering I noticed were little cans of Britvic Sparkling Water, the same as they have in the CY/Swissport lounge in LCA. There was a tray of them in the galley by door 2, one of which I was invited to take by the crew. It was nice to see mini cans of water again. I always find the big bottles of sparkling get very flat, especially on the return leg.

IIRC, the G&T were the standard Schweppes & Gordons
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Apologies for the thread bump and slightly off topic but considering flying to LCA in the coming months but should I be concerned with the problems occurring in neighbouring countries which are in close proximity - mainly to the North and East of Cyprus?

Would appreciate some reassurances and experiences of FTers visiting recently

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kkp0897
Apologies for the thread bump and slightly off topic but considering flying to LCA in the coming months but should I be concerned with the problems occurring in neighbouring countries which are in close proximity - mainly to the North and East of Cyprus?

Thanks
Really? Unless ISIS have suddenly acquired a carpet bombing capability I don't see any more risk in Cyprus than the rest of Europe.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
In a word. No. Not even remotely an issue.

We have a very large air base in Cyprus which we share with the Americans for a start, at Akrotiri!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
We are bombing them from Cyprus, not the other way round

Unless it changes, you are safe to fly there. If it becomes unsafe to fly there, BA won't being flying.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by shefgab
The only "non standard" BA catering I noticed were little cans of Britvic Sparkling Water, the same as they have in the CY/Swissport lounge in LCA. There was a tray of them in the galley by door 2, one of which I was invited to take by the crew. It was nice to see mini cans of water again. I always find the big bottles of sparkling get very flat, especially on the return leg.

IIRC, the G&T were the standard Schweppes & Gordons
Sorry shefgab, missed this when you replied. Belated thanks.

Thanks
If people stopped visiting Cyprus when there was trouble in close proximity LCA would be a very quiet airport.

Happy travels,
Bendy
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals

Thanks
Sadly, pretty much everywhere can be said to be a target these days, but to answer your question, well, if anything, in that respect I would be more concerned with visiting e.g. central London, considering the attacks in neighbouring cities to the north and south - and all that paraphernalia.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE

Thanks
You are in more danger from the BA food offering in ET than jihadi john and his merry men.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 6:52 am

Thanks
Cyprus is very safe both North and South. As pointed out you are more likely to be caught up in a terrorist attack in the UK than in Cyprus.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks everyone, much appreciated
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Deleted

Last edited by fbrj; Feb 22, 2015 at 9:05 am Reason: Found the answer!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
After checking in at Larnaca the passport security system is now automated.

At the same time they've installed a pay machine to enable you to jump the queue at busy times.

Very cheeky as there is no fast-track at this airport.

On the plus side the food in the lounge continues to improve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.