Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grrrr Larnaca

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:12 am

I am due to fly this service in just over a weeks time, euro traveller. Has the catering now changed so that hot meals are served in this cabin? Any feedback? Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
2 weeks ago I had a lunch box with sandwich, wrap and desert bloody appalling. BA replied to my complaint that that it ad failed but offered no compensation.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tamalien
I am due to fly this service in just over a weeks time, euro traveller. Has the catering now changed so that hot meals are served in this cabin? Any feedback? Thanks.
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
2 weeks ago I had a lunch box with sandwich, wrap and desert bloody appalling. BA replied to my complaint that that it ad failed but offered no compensation.
Rather unfortunately for ExpatSomchai, the new LCA based caterer started on 9 July. Better news at least for tamalien, I would hope, since that should mean hot meals will be back on that route.

And - nearly forgetting - welcome tamalien to Flyertalk and the BA forum, I hope you will find this a useful resource and that you will continue to participate here.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Didn't even get a hot meal out of LHR CWS !!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Didn't even get a hot meal out of LHR CWS !!
Indeed yes, the "logic" is that because they have to cater from both ends, the only way they can store all the food is if they are all kept at ambient. If LCA - LON is catered from LCA then the reduced food level allows for hot food in both directions. Now other airlines simply shove the return catering into the hold, and retrieve it at the turnaround location, but that is apparently too problematic for BA. Either way it should now be over.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The LHR-LCA meal on 9 July was either a mackerel salad or chicken with potatoes, both served with a cheesecake pot and cheese and biscuits.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Is the inbound CE catering also catered from LCA now? If so, is it any different than the outbound?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by tamalien
Out on 662 13/7 back on 665 on 16/7, both in Y, both with a hot meal.

Wish I could say the outbound experience was pleasant - 4.5 hours delay (inbound flight delayed, aircraft then tech, replacement aircraft freight misloaded) combined with a CCM losing temper with a difficult pax, shouting abuse across cabin, then called captain down to read the riot act!

Unusual, I hope, but unprofessional I am sure.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by ENTP
Is the inbound CE catering also catered from LCA now? If so, is it any different than the outbound?
Noting from previous post that I flew Y not CE, but yes it is different, slightly. The salad starter was greek style, with a dressing in a pouch, for inbound. Outbound starter was lettuce and cucumber - dry! Slight difference in breads - can't say for mains, had special meals both ways.

Inbound meal was noticeably better to my palate.

Last edited by phemy; Jul 17, 2015 at 11:20 am Reason: Wrong class!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:50 pm

Trying to get euro traveller front row

I took this same flight at easter and I booked row 12 and we got the front row on the 11.45 lhr to lca flight, I have done the same this time but it's now showing row 16 as the front row for euro traveller .. anyone know why, I am trying to find the seat configuration but I can't seem to find the right map..can one of you experts help..

please
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Nikki Spoiler
I took this same flight at easter and I booked row 12 and we got the front row on the 11.45 lhr to lca flight, I have done the same this time but it's now showing row 16 as the front row for euro traveller .. anyone know why, I am trying to find the seat configuration but I can't seem to find the right map..can one of you experts help..

please
The Club cabin varies in size depending on passenger loads. The front row of traveller can be anywhere from row 4 to row 18, and can change up to a few hours before departure. If you really want an exit row, go for row 27.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Catering up and running now. But...BA are doing their usual penny pinching here.

The biggest change is in ET. Apparently they are now loading 10% fewer hot meals, as a cost cutting exercise. Which means that if you're sat in the back there's a high chance you'll end up with a salad.

The CE meal portion is the smallest I've seen in a very long while where "lamb" = 3 very small, almost bite size pieces of meat.

Honestly!!!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cyba
Catering up and running now. But...BA are doing their usual penny pinching here.

The biggest change is in ET. Apparently they are now loading 10% fewer hot meals, as a cost cutting exercise. Which means that if you're sat in the back there's a high chance you'll end up with a salad.

The CE meal portion is the smallest I've seen in a very long while where "lamb" = 3 very small, almost bite size pieces of meat.

Honestly!!!
Both ex-LHR and ex-LCA?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
If down the back in ET it looks like a special meal is needed to be fed, although it will scupper any chances of an op-up.

I have always taken a salad from the airport to the lounge as €9 ensured I was well fed no matter what CE produced.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by ENTP
Both ex-LHR and ex-LCA?
I assume this is only ex LCA. From LHR I guess usual BA catering arrangements would be in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.