Wiki Posts
Search

Grrrr Larnaca

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:09 pm
lky

Programs: BA GGL, Aegean Gold, Hilton Diamond, AmanJunkie
Pay Machine

what does the pay machine involve and how does it work?

many thanks

lky
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's on the right hand side of the main security entrance area. The new boarding pass scan gates are on the left. I didn't see how much it was, but basically it allows you to jump to the top of the queue down a dedicated channel through passports - the passport agent can switch to the main queue or handle the fast track line, and on to security. I was on slow track last week, I was through passports and security in under 5 minutes, but doubtless in high season it's another matter.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
From what I've been able to observe recently, one of the issues seems to be the non (strict) enforcement of the EU/EEA vs Others separation at passport control. This can lead to some longer waits for EU/EEA citizens at peak times, but it is by no means "a long wait" - except LCA is generally super fast and hence frequent users might notice this slight change.

I also think (hope) this will be dealt with in the summer season, with more staff and more desks open.

Ditto for the security check; there currently only seem to be a max of 2 checkpoints open at a time. This will (hopefully) increase during the summer.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
One tip I've given before is to always go for the far right booth at passport check. This doesn't accept Russians (their checks take the longest by far) - just EU and diplomats.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:36 am

Just a heads up............I'm starting to price up LON-LCA trips for Feb 16 and the prices from Gatwick appear to have doubled!!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
That's half term week - perhaps their algorithm has worked out it can charge more?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
So I've booked a very cheap ticket to Larnaca (LHR-LCA) for next February (mainly to bag some Avios before the 'great enhancement'). Now I know it's very early indeed to be worried about seating, but I'd like to have them selected nevertheless. As I've never flown a BA 767, I'd be grateful if someone could give any advice.

I've looked on SeatGuru (which I know is often wrong) and it seems to me that seat 27A is a good place for extra legroom. Can anybody think of any negative points about this seat?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:02 am

I'm in 27A on 25th of next month.

I will report back with photos if you want.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lioneye
I'm in 27A on 25th of next month.

I will report back with photos if you want.
Great stuff! Thanks Lioneye ^
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
So I've booked a very cheap ticket to Larnaca (LHR-LCA) for next February (mainly to bag some Avios before the 'great enhancement'). Now I know it's very early indeed to be worried about seating, but I'd like to have them selected nevertheless. As I've never flown a BA 767, I'd be grateful if someone could give any advice.

I've looked on SeatGuru (which I know is often wrong) and it seems to me that seat 27A is a good place for extra legroom. Can anybody think of any negative points about this seat?
I always take 27, though JK, if they're available. It's probably my imagination but the right hand side always seems quieter. The mid 27 seats tend to get quite a but of traffic as people try to cross from one aisle.

I'm on 662 & 663 a couple of times in the next month so I'll try and snag some photos too to add to Lioneye's.

Bendy
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by BendyB
I always take 27, though JK, if they're available. It's probably my imagination but the right hand side always seems quieter. The mid 27 seats tend to get quite a but of traffic as people try to cross from one aisle.

I'm on 662 & 663 a couple of times in the next month so I'll try and snag some photos too to add to Lioneye's.

Bendy
Thanks Bendy, I really will be well informed.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:50 am

I'm pricing some flights for next couple of months.

2 x economy seats are coming in at £835

2 x economy plus a hotel for the same dates on the same flights are coming in at £490

Some bargains to be had in the "Easter beach breaks" promotion on the main BA site.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Lioneye
I'm pricing some flights for next couple of months.

2 x economy seats are coming in at £835

2 x economy plus a hotel for the same dates on the same flights are coming in at £490

Some bargains to be had in the "Easter beach breaks" promotion on the main BA site.

I can't imagine it's likely to have a major impact on anyone's planning but on the off chance ... Orthodox Easter is a week later than Western Easter this year. So if anyone has an aversion to super-sized bunnies, or priests for that matter, and was planning on booking a trip *after* Easter to avoid all that you'd need to shift everything back by a week.

Bendy
Old May 3, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
So ex-EU in F is particularly cheap at the moment. The result is that I am spending one day in Larnaca next Saturday. I hope you will all excuse a slightly OT request but are there any hotel recommendations for one night? Money is slightly less important than a guaranteed air-conditioned non-smoking room with two beds, preferably overlooking the sea...

Much obliged for any suggestions.

Harry
Old May 3, 2015, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hsmall
So ex-EU in F is particularly cheap at the moment. The result is that I am spending one day in Larnaca next Saturday. I hope you will all excuse a slightly OT request but are there any hotel recommendations for one night? Money is slightly less important than a guaranteed air-conditioned non-smoking room with two beds, preferably overlooking the sea...

Much obliged for any suggestions.

Harry
May I enquire, where are you going at what price?

I haven't examined LCA for bargain F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.