Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
I am beginning to notice that recognition is rare indeed on LHR flights unless you are actually in F (and I include LH and SH) but far more likely from LGW these days - JER and AMS especially, for some reason.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:42 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I could not tell you how long it has been since I had a "greeting" - I, for one, do not need the Senior Crew Member to make me feel important or feed my ego. I Know Who I Am, and I could not care less who else does or does not. A swift first drink, top-ups and a friendly approach mean far more to me than that. It's lovely t be addressed by name but I regard that as the sign that the person knows what service aboard is all about.
dcmike, MrMutton, Yachtman and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
I received a greeting today - first time on a European flight - very genuinely done by the CSM for the three Golds in the front row of CE once everyone was boarded, just a greeting by name and a quick chat about how long I'd been away, UK weather and so on. Did a lot to cheer me up after the truly dreadful queuing experience in TIA Security - Albanians really have no clue about taking turns and not pushing in. It's like that on the roads too.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:35 pm

I had my first greeting since..... since I can’t remember. Very genuine and personable including a firm handshake. caused a number of head turns from nearby fellow passengers.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum, VS Silver
Just returned from a US trip this morning and I think that marked c 30th sector without a greeting. And out of the 150+ sectors (prob 60/40 short and long haul, mostly in CE/CW) or so in the last 3 years I’ve prob only been greeted only about 1 in 10 times (if that). Whereas when I first became GC holder (about 3y ago) I got several greetings on the trot. Tbh I actually much prefer not to get the greeting as I’m not the most chatty type anyway so I find the whole greeting a bit awkward and I generally much prefer ‘normal’ chats with the cabin crew during the flights anyway (and I really rate the overall friendliness of the BA crews). But it just struck me that there seems to be remarkable inconsistency in this area if there is indeed supposed to be a guideline for the crews on this. I’m sure the crew have better things to do anyway, so I personally would not mind it if they just removed the greeting altogether or at least gave us the option to include in our profile that we don’t need/ want the greeting. I know there are strong opinions on this topic and I’m not wanting to start another round of debate, but I think it’s better not to do something (like the greeting) at all instead of doing it ‘badly’.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Breadstick77
....gave us the option to include in our profile that we don’t need/ want the greeting.
I find wearing my QC35s constantly from before boarding until getting off (except when sleeping) gives a fairly strong hint that I do not want to be disturbed
ExAbz likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The chances of having a GCH greeting are extremely slim on very cardholder heavy overnight flights, after I have said hello to customers in First and delivered any proactive messages I am responsible for taking half of the dinner orders in CW, I’m sure customers would prefer a quick meal delivery over a awkward chat with me.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The chances of having a GCH greeting are extremely slim on very cardholder heavy overnight flights, after I have said hello to customers in First and delivered any proactive messages I am responsible for taking half of the dinner orders in CW, I’m sure customers would prefer a quick meal delivery over a awkward chat with me.
100% agree. 🙂
cuspidor and bisonrav like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
My seat mate (on an LCY-MUC run) had my personal greeting when the drinks came around. He didn't notice he was called 'Mr UKgooner' - and as I hadn't mentioned he was in my seat either he didn't bother to say anything. He got double tonic water though. I was very pleased and felt valued. ;-)
Tafflyer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
We recently had a mildly amusing greeting moment. Travelling with another couple, me and Mrs BB Gold, our friend Silver, his partner Bronze....
The CSD, awkwardly with iPad in hand, "welcome to bronze Mrs xxx"

Nothing to the rest of us, but to be fair, a lovely flight, TS blocked out the last seat on the plane for us, and the crew looked after us well.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
... and when you get the chance, it is very much appreciated... :-)
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve had 2 personal greetings in the last 3 weeks.

MIA-LHR 6th Jun in CW, CSM introduced herself with a hand shake and offered me the usual service, anything I want etc.

Then LHR-EDI in CE, again a nice welcome and handshake. The CSM ran a wonderful service in an hour 20min flight. Crewe were extremely attentive too.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Gosh , this shows how ridiculously understaffed you are . It’s quite some time since I have had either a greeting or quick meal service on BA. The crew always seem so stretched bless them .
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Turned Gold after 7 years as Silver and was greeted by the CSD acknowledging my loyalty and new status.
A tear came to my eye... hayfever!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just done 4 sectors in J (2 s/h, 2 l/h) ... not a peep!

The CSM on the inbound l/h did run around with her iPad, but clearly we didn’t feature. She (and others) did however make a fuss on someone who apparently has designed the new menus. He seemed to disappear to F after we were airborne.

I know my place ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.