Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Nothing LHR-EDI-LHR on Wednesday, though the CSD found me today on my LH trip to NY.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Wondering...

Of course I did not get a personal touch.. I never get... But.. Haha
The guy sitting behind me in 13d was approached after the fasten seat belt sign for landing in 10min was turned on to be asked.. Good morning Mr. Bla was everything alright ? Reading it from the iPad..
If I were Alex I would be so ashamed ..
What's the least thing to do? Ask afterwards .
It was a good 2h flight . All crew was just standing in the back or sitting in the corner doing nothing .
And you cannot approach your 2 or 3 most frequent guests AFTER take off and ask them how to make their flight better... But ask when it's all over how was it? Will never understand it.. 🤔😂
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
My first gold greeting in a long time was on LHR-ARN in Y just over a week ago. It was delivered towards the end of the flight by what appeared to be a junior CC member. When he asked what he could do to make the flight more enjoyable I said a glass of champagne would be nice. He walked away without a word and we didn’t see him again.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
We got our firsts today flying NAP-LGW (two GGLs travelling together). Very pleasant CSM offered us drinks from Club but had to stick to water due to somewhat early departure. This was one of the better BA crews.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
LHR-DOH on Thursday 25 April, and a very lightly-loaded flight. CSD came and introduced herself to me (7A) and had a chat after a handshake, and apologised for any shortcomings as working when it’s quiet, she said, is often a challenge as there’s no rhythm able to be got going. Today DOH-LHR was far busier and I was in 16A with 16B blocked which made for a more pleasant time in WTP (no POUG or Avios availability on this sector). CSD came and introduced himself and said if I wanted anything I only had to ask. Crew serving my aisle also addressed me by name. I’ve clearly hit the big time - or all status pax up the front and few if any apart from me in WTP or below. It almost felt like Cathay!
Non Compos Mentis likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I may join the thread.. Half the plane was empty in f, lower cw and we were 15 in WTplus.. So no opup.
But only 3 people in the first plus row me being alone on 12b...and a great csm stopping by shortly after take off and personally gretaed and excused himself for the old setup.. Offering champagne through out the flight. Slept a good 6 h from lhr to Mia. Well done.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
CSM Welcomes in Euro Traveller

After taking 7 ET flights this week and about to board number 8 in an hour back to London, I was wondering how many BA Gold members actually receive a personal welcome when flying economy in Europe.

I haven’t received one all week and no doubt after posting this message I will receive one today but again, it comes back to the lack of consistency.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by noddie09
After taking 7 ET flights this week and about to board number 8 in an hour back to London, I was wondering how many BA Gold members actually receive a personal welcome when flying economy in Europe.

I haven’t received one all week and no doubt after posting this message I will receive one today but again, it comes back to the lack of consistency.
If you don’t mind me asking, why does a lack of greeting bother you so much?
PUCCI GALORE and u01sss3 like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

If you don’t mind me asking, why does a lack of greeting bother you so much?
What gets me is the lack of consistency. One week I get free drinks all flight, the following week I don’t get an acknowledgement. Is there a rule?
Old May 5, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond

What gets me is the lack of consistency. One week I get free drinks all flight, the following week I don’t get an acknowledgement. Is there a rule?
It only takes reading this thread to learn that there is no rule. No greeting is required.
noddie09 and SirToby like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We’ve just finished 4 sectors in CE, seats 1A/C on each. No greetings at all, and on just one we were addressed by name.

The clues were surely there?
Old May 5, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko
It only takes reading this thread to learn that there is no rule. No greeting is required.
Thank you! I only discovered this thread a few hours ago, it’s been some interesting reading.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Ex LHR, Light load on CW, the CSD Stopped and had a chat for 2-3 mins. Very natural, talked about flight, load, anything to make my trip comfortable, any special requests. Also chatted about the festivals at the destination and making it on time for that. ^
Old May 6, 2019, 12:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think if they have time they sometimes do it. If you never got a greeting would that be better? I am still not sure why it bothers you even if it doesn’t happen every time?
Old May 6, 2019, 2:04 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I usually get a greeting when I’m in CE or CW. However, the greeting and offer of any special extras would really be meaningful in ET, when it has occurred only once (on boarding rather than once seated) out of perhaps 20 ET flights over the past 3 years.

Contrast this with Finnair, where I have almost exclusively flown short haul economy between LHR-HEL on at least 8 occasions over the past 3 years and as a BA gold, I have received a personal greeting at my seat every time by the CSM and also on each and every flight, have had a free mini bottle of champagne served in a Marimekko glass. 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.