Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 3:49 am
Formerly known as joannerose66

Programs: Gold BA Exec, Hyatt Globalist
2 recent flights:

LHR - ORD, very light load, friendly chat with CSD for few minutes, all very natural and pleasant.

BNA - LHR, CSD came to find me in WTP soon after seat belt light switched off. Another pleasant chat; offered glass of champagne and nuts from CW. Crew member in charge of WTP also came to find me, and offer bottle of water. Always greeted by name by other crew members when offered food or drinks from trolley. All very natural - guy across aisle kept staring at me though... , wondering what was going on.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Flying back from SIN to LHR last night in J on an absolutely full 380 flight the cabin crew member looking after my side addressed me by name every time he visited. No others in my hearing got addressed by name. So low key recognition but no visit by CSD which was fine. A good efficient service in the cabin I was in although the length of the flight should make service easier. Soup was hot!

Flying business on Garuda (3 hour flight) Mrs. firstlight and I were addressed by name and looked after royally throughout the entire flight despite having no status on Garuda at all (although we both joined Delta to get some mileage credit). Excellent service levels to which some BA CC need to aspire to.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I’ve just received a personal greeting from the CSM at boarding completed at CAG. I’m in CE. Nice touch!
Old May 10, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
LAX-LHR recently in Y.
Flight slightly delayed, got a really nice handwritten card from CSD explaining the delay, flight time and new ETA, as well as introducing the team looking after WT cabin.
Jed and Coffeemadman like this.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by APPL
Flight slightly delayed, got a really nice handwritten card from CSD explaining the delay, flight time and new ETA, as well as introducing the team looking after WT cabin.
A handwritten card seems a little unnecessary and over-the-top.
u01sss3 likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 2:47 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Misco60
A handwritten card seems a little unnecessary and over-the-top.
Nevertheless that sounds like a great gesture that would go a long way towards alleviating customer frustration regarding a delayed flight. I wonder if they did that for all GCH or whether there were only a few in WT, so it was possible. Either way, 👍
T8191 likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
I think the CSD recognition thing is connected with renewal. When I renew gold, I usually get a visit for a couple of flights then doesn't usually happen again. I suspect the ipad reminds them about renewals.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:48 am

The renewal thing makes sense. Travelling ET to GVA a week or so ago ordered two G&Ts, offered card to pay with and was told ‘don’t worry, they’re on us as you’ve just renewed Gold’. Nice touch and seemed natural, no awkward greeting stuff.

Two guys in the row behind - chattering incessantly about their flash cars, investments a bit like they were stuck in the 80s boom days - also ordered 2 G&Ts and also expected them free but were told to pay. One asked why we didn’t have to and was told ‘because these guys are our best customers and do more flying than me’. Thanks to all at FT for the advice over the years, it was worth it for that one moment
frb98mf, Vasco Pridat and araqnid like this.
Old May 11, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Spongthrush

Two guys in the row behind - chattering incessantly about their flash cars, investments a bit like they were stuck in the 80s boom days - also ordered 2 G&Ts and also expected them free but were told to pay. One asked why we didn’t have to and was told ‘because these guys are our best customers and do more flying than me’. Thanks to all at FT for the advice over the years, it was worth it for that one moment
One very very cringeworthy moment, which I hope never actually happened.
PUCCI GALORE and Coffeemadman like this.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
The renewal thing makes sense. Travelling ET to GVA a week or so ago ordered two G&Ts, offered card to pay with and was told ‘don’t worry, they’re on us as you’ve just renewed Gold’.
As a newly minted Gold, and having read this thread, I was aware that there might be some comment made to me on my first flight after moving up from Silver...

...but there was no visit from the CSM nor from cabin crew.

Maybe next time!
Old May 11, 2019, 5:48 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
The renewal thing makes sense. Travelling ET to GVA a week or so ago ordered two G&Ts, offered card to pay with and was told ‘don’t worry, they’re on us as you’ve just renewed Gold’. Nice touch and seemed natural, no awkward greeting stuff.

This is where I think BA needs to move to an official stance towards a free drink in ET for GCH and above (like Finnair for all OWE). The experience above was great for you, but I can’t help but think that it leaves other customers feeling short changed. Crew discretion to offer a drink to their best customers is one thing, but then the definition of ‘best’ needs clarifying.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Jed

This is where I think BA needs to move to an official stance towards a free drink in ET for GCH and above (like Finnair for all OWE). The experience above was great for you, but I can’t help but think that it leaves other customers feeling short changed. Crew discretion to offer a drink to their best customers is one thing, but then the definition of ‘best’ needs clarifying.
How would an official policy (that already exists - a free drink is not a benefit) make anyone feel not short changed? I have never heard an announcement on AA for passengers to not be surprised or upset if their neighbor gets a free drink because that means that the neighbor is a very special EXP. All of these 'people were enviously looking at me' situations exist in the imaginations of those who make them up (and they're better dealt with in the DYKWIA thread). I can't imagine that anyone cares who gets what and how much or how little they paid for it. Unless one is very actively involved in other passengers' experience and tries to police the cabin and read other people's minds, I just can't see how they would know what other passengers think or say. It is so loud on an airplane that one needs to be in someone's face to hear anything.
There is no discretion, I don't think BA asks its cabin crew to offer any bar drinks to GCHs or SCHs, and if anyone gets one they should just quietly enjoy it rather than look around to try to see if anyone knows who they are. Nobody cares.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Yesterday, first time ever in euro traveller; the CSM came up and greeted me, thanked me for flying and asked if I'd like some champagne, also another gold a couple of rows forward got asked as well. I was very surprised ...
Vasco Pridat and Coffeemadman like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I get greeted by the SCCM as a 'OWE' flying on Cathay much more frequently than a Gold on BA
spot on!
Coffeemadman likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
Euro traveller BA771 ARN to LHR this morning.
Very pleasant welcome and conversation with the CSM (Jamie) after I had woken up! Also got a 'welcome back' at gold check in Monday evening. Seemed a bit excessive as I had only been away for 10 days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.