Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec
It is very inconsistent at BA and I think will continue to be. There are times when the SCCM is genuinely too busy sorting out customer service failures in other cabins or there are simply too many GCHs for every GCH to get a personal greeting. On the other hand some SCCMs just can’t be bothered and there are no consequences if they don’t (it’s a ‘time permitting, should’ not a ‘must’).

On the other hand plenty of other SCCMs do their best to recognise and genuinely enjoy interacting with GCHs....so it just depends !

Let’s not forget quite a number of GCHs etc don’t want or like a personal greeting, or aren’t bothered either way - indeed some SCCMs have had some rather nasty feedback when attempting to introduce themselves and that does have an impact.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:32 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 81romeo
NHS? What's NHS?

Sorry - bit of DYKWIA moment here
Sorry to drift OT, but actually NHS staff are often of far higher calibre than private healthcare staff. Sure, you get seen quicker privately, but usually it will be by a less knowledgeable and less skilled person than in the NHS.
simonsmith and u01sss3 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by snuffi
This whole forum is DYKWIA, that's why we all read it! In case I wasn't clear and whilst I can see why BA do it, I would rather they didn't.
Problem is if they totally stopped there would be new threads acknowledging the fact that others and now more are doing it.

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

because it’s the title and theme of this thread... that’s why these comments are here 😂
True and clearly people need help.

http://amerscoaching.com is highly recommended and based in London.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Just done and 8 sector trip GVA -LHR -GLA-LHR-YUL-LHR-GLA-LHR-GVA

Not a single greeting on the whole trip even though I was in the cabin which the senior crew member was working on each sector.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
Just done and 8 sector trip GVA -LHR -GLA-LHR-YUL-LHR-GLA-LHR-GVA

Not a single greeting on the whole trip even though I was in the cabin which the senior crew member was working on each sector.
Did you ever think to challenge the crew member in question as to why you were never given your greeting?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by icegirl
Did you ever think to challenge the crew member in question as to why you were never given your greeting?
Not really but I just posted here as a set of data points...

SB
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Jed
but usually it will be by a less knowledgeable and less skilled person than in the NHS.
Completely random and unsubstantiated comment IMHO.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Bar Operator
It is very inconsistent at BA and I think will continue to be. [...]
I have the same feeling.
Over the last 20 or so segments in various cabins (both LH + SH) not a single greeting observed (myself or to others).
Not a big deal for me, just adding a data point

Another "data point":
A colleague of mine who has been Gold for years was "downgraded" to Silver as he does not get as many business trips anymore as previously.
A couple of days ago he missed his Silver extension by just 30 points so now a mere Bronze, which made him kinda unhappy (no more lounge etc.).
On LHR - HAM (traveling in ET) yesterday he was approached by CSM who congratulate him "on the successful extension of his Bronze membership".
My colleague was not too happy about that (more salt to the wound), he told me he never got any personal greetings as a Gold before either
ENTP likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:34 am
Suspended

A challenge to all GCH/GGL's and anyone else who should be getting a personal greeting. The next time you are on a flight challenge the crew member in question as to why you were never given your greeting then come back and share your feedback!
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Just a few data points from me. I'm 6 for 6 this month in Y, CE, C and a return from BOS in F. Before that it was February on BA but plenty on other Oneworld partners.
John
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A challenge to all GCH/GGL's and anyone else who should be getting a personal greeting.
Don't you mean to direct your challenge only to those who spend their time on the aircraft thinking that they should be getting a personal greeing, and who then actually notice that there wasn't one?
Tobias-UK and u01sss3 like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I received a personal greeting in ET on a recent LHR-VIE flight and was asked if I wanted anything from the Business Class bar. I declined as I had already purchased drinks from BoB menu, but it was a nice touch. A passenger sat on the other side of my row was also asked and did in fact request (and receive) a drink. The cabin service director had no qualms in saying this very openly to me in front of passengers next to me who appeared not to have status and neither of whom batted an eyelid- I mention this simply to address one of the occasionally cited reasons for not allowing elites a free drink ( I.e. that it will confuse or upset other passengers).
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I had a delightful flight to BSL tonight, not a greeting per say but sat in row 1 and we were all addressed by name the whole way. It was a nice touch. Travelling back in Y so I'll see if there's a difference...
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
A challenge to all GCH/GGL's and anyone else who should be getting a personal greeting. The next time you are on a flight challenge the crew member in question as to why you were never given your greeting then come back and share your feedback!
No thanks.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 1:12 pm

I personally serve and interact with everyone in club on shorthaul and so I feel an formal introduction is rather unnecessary and forced. I always ask my team to ask GCHs in Euro Traveller if there’s anything they’d like to drink but this is time permitting, keeping in mind mandatory refreshment/eating breaks and other duties.

I enjoy welcoming back our most loyal customers but I have to say, I’ve very often been brushed off with very dismissive responses or been used as a sounding board for issues completely out of my jurisdiction. I can understand why it slips down the list of priorities with some Managers especially when they have issues to tend to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.