Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Surely this one is better suited to the DYKWIA thread?

Was all very tongue in cheek!
Tobias-UK and DXB2745 like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Yay just got my first named greeting on the BA009 to BKK with my friend in Y, from a very nice boy who reminded me of Rylan. Bottle of water to boot.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, the lightweight but effective way to do this is first time:"Lovely to see you again Mr. CWS, what would you like to drink?". Second time: "Here is your sparkling water Mr. CWS, is this ok?".
Or the Mr CWS, we've only seen you 5 times this week. Is everything ok?
Pack likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by TTmex
Or the Mr CWS, we've only seen you 5 times this week. Is everything ok?
CWS response... yes all is well it's just the pilots were on strike for 2 days this week
John
EDIwanderer and TTmex like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Recent TATL flight: upon boarding the CC looked at my BP - somewhat in bemusement since the gate agent had ripped off more than they should - including the seat number - I just replied, 'it's alright, I know where to go'.

Greeting was provided several hours later - within 20 minutes of landing when the CSD(?) came along and offered tea/coffee - not least since I had been asleep for the last 7 hours :-).

Last edited by CKBA; Sep 12, 2019 at 2:22 am
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Zero today on my MAN-LHR and LHR-FRA flights.

On a completely unrelated note, did end up with some woman choosing the middle seat of my exit row though.
TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by The Geek
Yay just got my first named greeting on the BA009 to BKK with my friend in Y, from a very nice boy who reminded me of Rylan. Bottle of water to boot.
Double bubble on the same flight, had the CSM come greet me after take off with another bottle of water and an amenity kit.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Pleasant nordic OWE greeting on the finnair a350 to HEL. Nice lunch, champagne lie flat seat and free one hour internet to do this post. Moved from earlier ba ce flight due to strike action although the BA flight left on schedule. Cheers!
Crampedin13A and HFHFFlyer like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
5 flights over the last 2 days on BA, Iberia and LATAM and nothing.
Well, on last night's FRA-LHR, got called sir and then Mr. xenole after that. Bit more attention to one or two in row 1, but to give the CSM credit yesterday, she did all 17 passengers in CE with a smile.
At least we got the full LHR tour on a bus that only CE got onto.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton DIamond, AB Platinum (RIP)
Warmly welcomed back aboard the A380 JNB-LHR. Settled into 59k and was duly addressed by name. The polished crew member proceeded to offer taking my meal order before take-off to ensure availability of first choice despite sitting in the last row of CW. SCCM briefly popped by to say hello before take-off as well. Lovely crew and always a pleasure to be on the big bus.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by firstlight
Pleasant nordic OWE greeting on the finnair a350 to HEL. Nice lunch, champagne lie flat seat and free one hour internet to do this post. Moved from earlier ba ce flight due to strike action although the BA flight left on schedule. Cheers!
I did this flight last week. The Finnair crew were an absolute delight. Smiles all round and a visit by the SCCM (with some great banter) to my seat at the beginning and end of the flight. A great seat and the food, drink (Arctic Blue gin is REALLY good) and service were all top notch.

Yes it helps being on an A359 but even on an A321 this is a great short haul business class experience. It leaves BA looking like Aeroflot.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I did this flight last week. The Finnair crew were an absolute delight. Smiles all round and a visit by the SCCM (with some great banter) to my seat at the beginning and end of the flight. A great seat and the food, drink (Arctic Blue gin is REALLY good) and service were all top notch.

Yes it helps being on an A359 but even on an A321 this is a great short haul business class experience. It leaves BA looking like Aeroflot.
Glad to hear things have improved from last year then, I was decidedly underwhelmed by the Service and the food was slop. Perhaps time to give it another go.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sunday’s LHR-BOS in 777 WT was complete with a greeting, large bottle of water, and a glass of champagne. Much appreciated.

I’ve done some longer domestic sectors on AA recently and have been asked, shortly after takeoff, whether they could reserve me any food from the BoB menu. This then gets delivered either before the cart or with the card; No charge sir, we’ve got you.

AA DFW-LHR wasn’t as good, but my family and I made the flight by seconds after a huge delay getting into DFW.

Last edited by Cat5 in the Hat; Sep 15, 2019 at 4:45 am Reason: Grammar!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
CSD did a full F cabin walk around at start and end of flight (any problems you experienced please do tell me) on today's175 to JFK.

As a secondary point food and service a marked step up from a few weeks back.

It really was an exceptional flight and credit passed on appropriately.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:14 pm

On my last flight (CW SIN->SYD) I didn’t get a greeting (it was the second leg of my trip, but different flight code).

What was curious though is any time I happened to be in the aisle at the same time they’d address me formally with my surname. That has never happened before - I was startled they remembered my name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.