Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
320 = Airbus A320 without Sharklets
32A = Airbus A320 with Sharklets
32N = Airbus A320neo

Airbus A320 Seating Guide

The following elevation diagrams of the A320 CEO (type 32G) cabin show the relationship between seats and windows. Note, while the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats, the ABC side is effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

The LGW fleet also have a similar layout on the starboard (DEF) side forward of the overwing exits but on the LGW aircraft the row numbers start at 2. Other vital statistics are also included.

Here are the corresponding cabin elevations of the A320 NEO (type 32N). As with the CEO, the elevations show the arrangement of the DEF seats with the ABC side effectively a mirror of what you can see here.

See the first post in this thread for current seat maps, details, and aircraft codes BA use internally to distinguish the different configurations.

For all other aircraft codes
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

There are two simple things you need to remember.
  1. Row 4 is a standard CE row with 34" leg room
  2. SeatGuru is as much use as a chocolate teapot
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Hi folks,

Is row 4 on the A320 as special as seatguru says it is? Flying CE from LHR-TXL in a couple days on an A320 and was curious if 4F is a good seat. Thanks!
Nothing special with row 4 at all... The only 'special' rows on A320s are rows 1, 10 and 11. You're lucky if you're in the front 13 rows as they have CE legroom.

For ex-bmi A320s, the 'special' rows are 1, 11, 12. CE and ET has the same legroom (which make ET rows 11 and 12 have more legroom than CE...)
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
Nothing special with row 4 at all... The only 'special' rows on A320s are rows 1, 10 and 11. You're lucky if you're in the front 13 rows as they have CE legroom.

For ex-bmi A320s, the 'special' rows are 1, 11, 12. CE and ET has the same legroom (which make ET rows 11 and 12 have more legroom than CE...)
I was under the impression row 1 had less legroom? I'm 6'2", would I find row 1 to be better?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Hi folks,

Is row 4 on the A320 as special as seatguru says it is? Flying CE from LHR-TXL in a couple days on an A320 and was curious if 4F is a good seat. Thanks!
Seat Guru have they seat plans showing 3 rows of CE, therefore they say that row 4 is the best row in ET due to the A-C config on convertible aircraft.

Of course in reality the CE cabin can be a number of different configs, and these 'best' ET seats move accordingly.

Last edited by Genius1; Mar 8, 2014 at 3:21 pm
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Sadly had G-MEDK out the ACE yesterday, was originally allocated 9CD but moved to 1DF. I'd rather have no window over no recline.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:05 pm

A320 ACE-LGW tomorrow, seems to have 2 toilets just above 1AC on the seat map, from the maps on page 1 I can't see a map which has this configuration. Any one know which plane this might be?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MHendo84
A320 ACE-LGW tomorrow, seems to have 2 toilets just above 1AC on the seat map, from the maps on page 1 I can't see a map which has this configuration. Any one know which plane this might be?
The A320 only has one toilet in the forward galley. The A321 has two toilets forward, but those aren't based at LGW.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:21 pm

I thought as much as we flew out on G-MEDK, and all other A320's as you say only have one toilet. Viewing my seats on MMB states the A320 but I cannot see the aircraft type on the seat map.

Also, Club is row 1-8 and row 8 is showing as emergency exits seats over the wing, odd.

Last edited by MHendo84; Mar 15, 2014 at 1:31 pm Reason: edit
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MHendo84
Also, Club is row 1-8 and row 8 is showing as emergency exits seats over the wing, odd.
It must be an A321 - emergency exit at row 8 and the two forward toilets would indicate that.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:20 pm

Ah ok, I'll have a look tomorrow to see what aircraft is operating the LGW-ACE leg. Be interesting as you say the A321's are not LGW based. Thanks Genius1
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
IME the OLCI page always shows Airbus A320 jet even though it's an A321. Presumably there will be an overnight switch at one of the airports served by both LGW and LHR? AMS, EDI, GLA, NCE come to mind. The aircraft would do LHR-xxx tonight, and xxx-LGW tomorrow, to save a positioning flight?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
One of the BA pilots (jumbo driver?) posted that a single A321 will be operating some LGW flights.....
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:23 am

Hi

I'm flying with ba in October on an a320 going and a319 coming home and wanted some advice on choosing the best seats.

There's 6 of us in total but one is a nervous flyer and has recently done the ba flying with confidence course (which was great). I know they say the best seats for a nervous flyer are in the middle of the plane however we would also like good views.

On the flying with confidence course they were on row 6 which with the good views seemed to help however we're only flying euro traveller so that row isn't an option.

Any tips would be appreciated I know it's only a short flight (heathrow to faro) but for a nervous flyer it's still a long way.

Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT and the BAEC board, dizzzy!

Closer to departure, you may find Row 6 opens up for selection, as CE cabins can be as small as 3 rows.

I would advise you to select seats as far forward as possible at present, and then keep an eye on the seat map right up until departure. The CE cabin becomes semi-fixed around 72 hours before departure, so definitely check back then.

Do note you'll have to pay to select seats before 24 hours before departure, unless you are on a flexible ticket or have oneworld status.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:21 am

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realise that seats further forward might be bookable nearer the time, I suppose I never thought about it. I will definitely keep checking just in case.

As for the fee yes we do have to pay to reserve seats. It's £10pp each way so we feel for us that it's worth paying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.