Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by johnnie69
Hi all, I took a look at the new lounge last night. On the regular terminal level is a dedicated First Class passengers lounge and for Biz/Status lounge there is a lift/elevator down one floor. There are two bars, one food section serving some pasta/India curry type dish/Poppadoms/grilled chicken/sandwiches. Hot food served but also looked as though you could serve yourself. I didn't sample any as after 9 days and two weddings I was well and truly stuffed! There is what looks like an internet station at one end and at the other a 'living wall' with some massage chairs, not the electric ones but the ones where you sit in and place your head in and someone will physically massage you. Hope that makes sense. There are also 4 or 5 shower cubicles that end. I was told they weren't in use yet but still had a shower anyway after a lounge worker said yes. all in all, seems perfectly nice although I struggled to find two seats together. Access is granted at check in with an invitation card. Sorry it's not the best description but it was 1am after a hectic week so was not at my most observant.
Thanks for the update. At least this seems to prove the new lounges are now open.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: LOTS
Thanks for the update Johnnie69, it's great that it's now open. Am I correct in thinking that you are reporting on the Biz lounge?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
Originally Posted by fincastle84
Thanks for the update Johnnie69, it's great that it's now open. Am I correct in thinking that you are reporting on the Biz lounge?
Hi fincastle84, yes, biz lounge. 3 class 777 so no chance of a UUA to F.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Exec Club; Gold
Flying F out of BOM tomorrow so will update then.

Does anybody know if we will be able to take in a guest into the lounge? Two of us in F and friend on same BA flight but in WT.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Milnio87
Flying F out of BOM tomorrow so will update then.

Does anybody know if we will be able to take in a guest into the lounge? Two of us in F and friend on same BA flight but in WT.
To update - got an invite for our fellow traveller, was not an issue!

The lounge is excellent and really well furnished. The F invite allowed you access to the whole downstairs area which is the large Business Premium section to the left and the small private dining area to the right which is exclusively for First passengers.

The upstairs lounge was in use for J pax, and from what I could make out - not many people made it into the Premium J section so this meant the whole downstairs felt like an F lounge in reality.

The booze was good with Veuve Cliquot available for F pax, I believe the J choice was an Indian Chandon. The food was nice also, although I wasn't that hungry so only had the Tandoori Chicken Burger, which was very tasty. A word of warning is that the food service here is quite a bit slower than the CCR, so do allow sufficient (I'd say double CCR) time if you plan to dine here.

As I said before, the fit and finish was incredible and I do hope it is maintained as well as it has been built - never a guarantee in India! I was more impressed with this lounge than the CCR to be honest, I can't comment on the J section though as I stayed downstairs.

The only annoying aspect though was that as there were 3 of us there was no 'comfy' seats for us in the F only section - here the comfy seats were on their own or in twos.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
So from all the descriptions, it looks like there is a Business section, a "Premium" section, and a First section. Does anyone know what the difference is between the Business and Premium areas? Is one only for ticketed Business passengers and the other for status? Do OW Emeralds traveling in Y get access to First?

Also, there seems to be conflicting reports on what level each is on. Most reports I've read said the First and Premium section is on Level 4, while Business is on Level 3. But Milnio87's description seems to be reversed.

Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by glu800
So from all the descriptions, it looks like there is a Business section, a "Premium" section, and a First section. Does anyone know what the difference is between the Business and Premium areas? Is one only for ticketed Business passengers and the other for status? Do OW Emeralds traveling in Y get access to First?

Also, there seems to be conflicting reports on what level each is on. Most reports I've read said the First and Premium section is on Level 4, while Business is on Level 3. But Milnio87's description seems to be reversed.

Thanks.
That's because I didn't even look for the J lounge and just stayed in the Premium / F section and had assumed the presence of a lift meant it was upstairs....but further research does indeed indicate it is downstairs from the F / Premium lounge - sorry for that!!

I don't know about the rules from the Premium vs. J section but the premium section was pretty much empty. On boarding I noticed the only other people in the premium lounge area were also travelling F...

I appreciate that is anecdotal but makes me think a Gold travelling Y would be downstairs.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:54 am

Sitting in the F section now having a quick snack before my (non BA ) flight.

It appears the Premium section is for Gold card holders etc but apparently varies by airline.

The F section itself is pretty small and only seems to comprise a very nice full service restaurant area, together with some comfortable chairs overlooking the apron. You get full access also to the premium area and its buffet though and that is what features in the publicity photos.

The menu and wine list are very good, but the service still needs some polishing. When I asked the question "what wines do you have?" The answer was "red or white". Suffice to say though on prompting they offer the wine list and they do have some decent wines.

Unfortunately neither my first choice of wine (Cloudy Bay) nor my first choice of food (dim sum) were available. Disappointing so early in the life of the menu and lounge.

Managed to make some good second choices though: Penfolds Shiraz Bin 2 and a chicken black bean stir fry. Both these were very good.

Generally, the food and wine look to be of a high standard and I'd say better than the CCR.

They suggested the Reisling was a good alternative to Cloudy Bay, but not for me it isn't. There's no other Sauvignon Blanc on the list in the absence of the Cloudy Bay.

Last edited by Corpt; Dec 27, 2014 at 8:10 am
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:51 am
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I was in the Premium Lounge on Dec 23rd flying J Class on Qatar Airways. It appears that EY, EH and QR provide Premium Lounge (rather than Business Lounge ) access to their Business Class passengers. The only other passengers in the Premium Lounge at that time 3am were EY and EK, in addition to QR.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
When checking in for BA198 today in J, I was given a golden lounge invitation to the first section. I'm assuming this is a Gold perk.

The menu in the first lounge is far better than in the CCR, and everything is through a very proactive waiter service. As there are very few other flights departing during the day, it's very peaceful and quiet.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
Travelling in WT+ today, and got an invite to the lounge based on my BA Silver status - it was a silver pass so I assumed it would only allow me into the downstairs J lounge...

So imagine my surprise when I got directed to stay on the same floor, and am now in what I thought was the F lounge! Seems smaller than the downstairs lounge (which I thought was the J lounge.)

Confusing much?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by livingforever
Travelling in WT+ today, and got an invite to the lounge based on my BA Silver status - it was a silver pass so I assumed it would only allow me into the downstairs J lounge...

So imagine my surprise when I got directed to stay on the same floor, and am now in what I thought was the F lounge! Seems smaller than the downstairs lounge (which I thought was the J lounge.)

Confusing much?
I will be travelling back on the 02:30 on 1Nov - is it worth getting to the lounge around 10:30/11pm the night before for some food? Or are the airport outlets better? I am travelling in WT+ but don't know if they serve anything that early in the morning or if they just wait for breakfast.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: LOTS
Originally Posted by livingforever

Confusing much?
The F lounge is to the right of the J lounge & has a roped off entrance & a separate dining area. At least it did when we used it in January.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by fincastle84
The F lounge is to the right of the J lounge & has a roped off entrance & a separate dining area. At least it did when we used it in January.
It was the case also in May. A very pleasant experience after the mayhem of Mumbai.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
I wonder if sometimes, when they know it's not going to be so busy, they don't bother opening the downstairs bit and just use the upstairs (same floor you come in on) for everyone, cordoning off the special area for F passengers?

I've definitely now been in two different lounges there, one on the same floor as the entrance and one down a floor on the lift (back in July), and neither time was I travelling F or a Gold Card holder...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.