Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 11:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I will bear that in mind for a brief v is it in December. Still have the fun and games of getting a working visa to come...
Good luck with the visa itsmeitisss. Mine wasn't too bad, I think I was without the passport for less than a week although I was only getting a tourist one - I use Blair Consular Services for visas and they are pretty good in my experience. Although the visa on arrival things is going to include UK probably from later this year I am guessing work visas won't be available via that route.

On a practical note, there is a separate entrance to the terminal for F and J passengers - presume this includes GCH and SCH if travelling in WTP or Y as well. This entrance is towards the start of the terminal when you drive up to it - collar one of the many BA staff hovering outisde at the drop off point and they will take you to the check-in desks. Remember to have a printed copy of your ticket when you go as the police office on the door of the terminal needs to check it to let you in. Not sure when the permanent lounge facilities are due to be completed - it's possible they will be done by December.

I am looking forward to seeing some of your usual stunning photos when you come back
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I was in BOM last night and was directed to the Pranaam lounge on the main floor.

It was not large and was pleasant enough in a slightly bland way. Only soft drinks on display, but wine (a red (Bordolino) or white), beer, and a range of spirits are available on request. There is a menu. It seemed that the wine came from the lounge on the floor above.

The food was limited to some sandwiches and several hot dishes, that looked ok.

No showers or PCs.

There were less than 20 people in the lounge, which was also used by Jet. Staff were not that proactive in clearing up.

There was one large TV showing the recorded Netherlands v Argentina football match.

In hindsight, I am not sure where all the other J, F, status passengers + guests were, as they were not in this lounge.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Visiting India with my Dad in February, hopefully things have picked up!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Is there a fast track arrivals passport queue in the new terminal, similar to the old airport? Ok ok, I know the old 'fast' track queue in the old terminal was not very fast
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kkp0897
Is there a fast track arrivals passport queue in the new terminal, similar to the old airport? Ok ok, I know the old 'fast' track queue in the old terminal was not very fast
There are separate lines for F and J class pax, but its usually just staffed by 2 immigration officers. If you're more than 3-4 pax deep in the line, its faster to go to the regular queue where there are more counters.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
There are separate lines for F and J class pax, but its usually just staffed by 2 immigration officers. If you're more than 3-4 pax deep in the line, its faster to go to the regular queue where there are more counters.
Thanks, sounds very much like the old terminal....
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
I'm a bit confused with the BA lounge situation in the new T2 in BOM. I haven't been yet, but have been reading through this thread, and it seems like most people have been referring to the Clipper Lounge near Gate 85, along with first class section called Pranaam Lounge on the floor above.

But looking at the Oneworld website, they refer to the MALS (Mumbai Airport Lounge Services) Lounge for BA flights, which is located near Gate 86. Is this the same lounge as the Clipper Lounge? Are they located side by side? And is the Pranaam Lounge a part of the Clipper Lounge or the MALS Lounge? Which lounge does BA flights get to access?

Thanks for any clarification.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:41 am

Yes the previous information is correct. There are two lounges. Clipper for business or pranaam for first.

Both are rubbish for an international airport.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Yes the previous information is correct. There are two lounges. Clipper for business or pranaam for first.

Both are rubbish for an international airport.
Thanks kitbag1984. So is the Clipper Lounge the same as the MALS Lounge then? And is the Oneworld website incorrect in stating that BA passengers should use the MALS Lounge? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by glu800
Thanks kitbag1984. So is the Clipper Lounge the same as the MALS Lounge then? And is the Oneworld website incorrect in stating that BA passengers should use the MALS Lounge? Thanks.
I'm just trying to remember as I was there a couple of weeks ago. I was shepherded into a separate lounge from the CW people and in that lounge there was a main area as then a smaller separate area for first class passengers. It's pretty basic and spartan although the reclining chairs were quite comfortable and the staff were *very* attentive. Here's a picture of the comfy chairs.

Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It's worth noting that the current lounges are temporary whilst the permanent ones are finished off. They're in a the currently unused gates 85 and 86, but a hoarding near the shops states that a 'World class lounge' will be unveiled soon.

But yes, it's a pretty rubbish lounge and I don't have high hopes for the permanent one if Delhi's new T3 is anything to go by. Such a shame.

Also, sidebar: There is nowhere to buy books/magazines/papers airside in the new T2 which strikes me as a massive oversight.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:40 pm

I'm not sure what or where the mails lounge is. Maybe that was a previous temp lounge?

Ps don't forget the bureaucracy of India continues at the airport. Make sure to collect your lounge pass along with your boarding pass.

The f lounge is a joke with payment even needed for a shower(!). When I was there they had also turned the wifi off

Like much of India it really need to be more progressive if it is to compete on the world market.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Still says new lounge will open soon. Temporary lounge pretty soulless and you have to search for the bar at the far end

Staff were very polite and wine was free flowing and WiFi was fine. I didn't try the hot food due to a bad meal over the weekend !
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Not sure about 'airline lounge' but does resemble someone's home lounge!!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Some low res images from yesterday at BOM. It was a bit too busy to whip out my DSLR and start taking pictures!

Lounge near bar

Museum display

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.