Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Last time I was in J but got entrance to the first dining area. I remember how annoyed I was when I heard it was to be a third party shared lounge but it's all turned out rather well on my trips
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by livingforever
I wonder if sometimes, when they know it's not going to be so busy, they don't bother opening the downstairs bit and just use the upstairs (same floor you come in on) for everyone, cordoning off the special area for F passengers?

I've definitely now been in two different lounges there, one on the same floor as the entrance and one down a floor on the lift (back in July), and neither time was I travelling F or a Gold Card holder...
I've been to the GVK Lounge several times now via Etihad, Jet and BA. For BA afternoon departures they just use the main floor as the lounge is not crowded. For the 2AM departure - they send J pax to the business floor one level down. Both are identical from what I could notice anyways!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I will be travelling back on the 02:30 on 1Nov - is it worth getting to the lounge around 10:30/11pm the night before for some food? Or are the airport outlets better? I am travelling in WT+ but don't know if they serve anything that early in the morning or if they just wait for breakfast.
We travel to India a few times a year as my hubbies parents live there but we always take the day flight back but this time the night flight was quite a bit cheaper. I am a nervous flyer so don't like rushing or stress,I like to sit in the lounge for a couple of hours and relax. Whist the nice separate check in area is lovely and fast track security the same there is no fast track immergration, I had the shock of my life when we came through from the haven of check in and security to see the queues. It took us 40 mins to get through.

Lounge had a very good selection of hot and cold food we also got offered a 15 mins spa treatment.

On board we had a full meal but all on one tray.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by tia2013
Whist the nice separate check in area is lovely and fast track security the same there is no fast track immergration, I had the shock of my life when we came through from the haven of check in and security to see the queues. It took us 40 mins to get through.

Lounge had a very good selection of hot and cold food we also got offered a 15
The Fast track/Business departure immigration counters have been reinstated as of mid September.

No issues using them as a BA Gold in WT.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by awarty
The Fast track/Business departure immigration counters have been reinstated as of mid September.

No issues using them as a BA Gold in WT.
Thanks for the up to date info it was late April when we came through,we just came back last week via Dubai. Will keep it mind for my next trip.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
There is now a sign up at fast track immigration (departures) saying business/first ticket holders only. Frequent flyer status does not give you access.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by tia2013
Thanks for the up to date info it was late April when we came through,we just came back last week via Dubai. Will keep it mind for my next trip.

I was also caught out in April this year, I had 2 trips, one in F and one in WT and it took me 40 min ad 25 min respectively.

There was a separate business/first queue when the new terminal opened in Feb '14, it was withdrawn in Mar/Apr '15 and reinstated sometime prior to Sep '15.

The reason for withdrawing the service was a politician saying that economy class passengers should not have to wait in long queues while business/first class lanes went empty, so rather than increasing the number of open economy lanes they removed the business/first class lanes.

I don't know if the situation has been rectified, but on the day the new terminal opened, I spent 5 min chatting with the immigration officer who processed me and one of the things that he told me was that despite the increase in immigration counters, they were staffed at ~60% and as a result could not keep all the counters manned.

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
There is now a sign up at fast track immigration (departures) saying business/first ticket holders only. Frequent flyer status does not give you access.
I have used the business/first lane on 6-8 occasions while travelling in WT/WTP with no issue.

On every instance the immigration agent has looked at my boarding pass and not turned me away.

I have seen them turn away people, on occasion, so its not a free for all
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any update on the lounge at BOM? MMB still says "Temporary lounge facilities available".

As a GCH in CW will I have access to the First lounge or just the Business (or Premium)?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Gomac
Any update on the lounge at BOM? MMB still says "Temporary lounge facilities available".

As a GCH in CW will I have access to the First lounge or just the Business (or Premium)?
Was there on Sunday - wonderful lounge. It is operated by GVK and as Gold you will be in the F section - roped off part with separate sit down dining with waiter service, complimentary back or foot massage (other end of the lounge) and lovely views of the apron.
I was very impressed and feel a few other lounges could learn a thing or 2 from Mumbai!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Was there on Sunday - wonderful lounge. It is operated by GVK and as Gold you will be in the F section - roped off part with separate sit down dining with waiter service, complimentary back or foot massage (other end of the lounge) and lovely views of the apron.
I was very impressed and feel a few other lounges could learn a thing or 2 from Mumbai!
Ahhh very good indeed, I'm looking forward to it ^ thanks for the update.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Oh also Pilot37, did you receive an invite for the F section from BA at check-in?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
Oh also Pilot37, did you receive an invite for the F section from BA at check-in?
Yeap - the bonus of Mumbai is check-in is done by the BA staff while you relax on wonderful arm chairs. I was handed a Gold lounge invite, only noticed the difference when the people I was travelling with handed over their silver cards to the reception desk on arrival to the GVK - I was whisked off to the F section when the staff saw the gold invite
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
So I am travelling from BOM-LHR-ORD. Not a gold or silver anymore

BOM-LHR is WTP and LHR-BOM is in club world.

I do know that we get access to the lounge if we are travelling in WT/WTP with a same day connection in CW or First. Do the same rules apply in Mumbai as well?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
Do the fast track departure immigration facilities also extend to security?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by GateLouse2
Do the fast track departure immigration facilities also extend to security?
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.