Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Mumbai International Terminal (15 Jan 14): Change to lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:40 am

I'm currently sitting in the temporary lounge and don't think it's so terrible. A little soulless, but light, airy, spacious, comfortable, not bad food/snack selection (better than LHR GC), friendly staff. Wifi seems so work although it's s little annoying to have to go through the phone log in text routine.

Staff here say the new lounge should open 1 October.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Corpt
Wifi seems so work although it's s little annoying to have to go through the phone log in text routine.
Yes, I agree that was really irritating but seems to be the norm for all the lounges I experienced in India across different providers including Air India and standard Priority Pass lounges.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, I'm back!
I'm currently sitting in the temporary lounge and don't think it's so terrible. A little soulless, but light, airy, spacious, comfortable, not bad food/snack selection (better than LHR GC), friendly staff. Wifi seems so work although it's s little annoying to have to go through the phone log in text routine.

Staff here say the new lounge should open 1 October.
Hi all, is there still a temporary lounge or has the dedicated one opened yet? I'm due through there next month. Cheers
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Priority Club Plat, Platinum Royal Ambassador, Marriott Rewards Platinum
I was told today the new lounge is scheduled to open 19th November.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by angelbud
I was told today the new lounge is scheduled to open 19th November.
Thanks angelbud, I'm arriving 22nd, returning 1st Dec so will check it out and report back
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:46 am

Just in Mumbai last night and they are still using the temporary lounge. The move to the new lounge has now been postponed to December.

Wifi was difficult with many people having to go to the 4th floor to get a wifi voucher which involved getting your passport copied!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:58 pm

Currently in the temporary MALS lounge at BOM, waiting for the BA198.

The new lounge opens on the 25th of Nov, this was confirmed by the BA duty manager and the reception staff at the temporary lounge.

The new lounge will have separate First and Business sections

The Business section will have at least 2 sub lounges - Business 'Premium' and Business 'Regular' and possibly a third, though no name for the third sub lounge was mentioned.

The will be a Spa and Library, but I did not get an answer on who has access to them or if they are free or charged.

BA hasn't yet decided (or didn't want to comment on) which lounge GCH and GGL members will be sent to.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:56 am

Can anyone confirm whether the new lounge has opened today?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:36 am
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Can anyone confirm whether the new lounge has opened today?
The Mumbai airport operator has issued a press release today (Nov 25th) that the new lounge(s) are beginning today.

http://businesswireindia.com/news/ne...s-at-t2-/41669
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:19 am

That looks pretty comfortable. I presume those pictures are of the First section on the 4th floor. It will be interesting to see the quality of the a la carte food offering.

Looking forward to trialling this in mid December.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: LOTS
First time in over 30 years!

We will look forward to the new F lounge in January. My first visit to BOM since I was there with my RAF Nimrod in 1983!!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:06 am

Still no sign of the new lounge early on the 26th of November, with the temporary lounge still in use.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:34 pm

I'm due there on Sunday night/Mon morning. Will report back then.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Another illustrative piece on the new GVK lounge, here

http://thedesignair.net/2014/11/27/t...unge-terminal/
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:47 am

Hi all, I took a look at the new lounge last night. On the regular terminal level is a dedicated First Class passengers lounge and for Biz/Status lounge there is a lift/elevator down one floor. There are two bars, one food section serving some pasta/India curry type dish/Poppadoms/grilled chicken/sandwiches. Hot food served but also looked as though you could serve yourself. I didn't sample any as after 9 days and two weddings I was well and truly stuffed! There is what looks like an internet station at one end and at the other a 'living wall' with some massage chairs, not the electric ones but the ones where you sit in and place your head in and someone will physically massage you. Hope that makes sense. There are also 4 or 5 shower cubicles that end. I was told they weren't in use yet but still had a shower anyway after a lounge worker said yes. all in all, seems perfectly nice although I struggled to find two seats together. Access is granted at check in with an invitation card. Sorry it's not the best description but it was 1am after a hectic week so was not at my most observant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.