Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
    Originally Posted by Blenz101
    Sorry for the delay - yes, I did the application myself. I switch between the two cards once I have achieved a 241 and benefit for the refund of the annual fee on the PP.
    Thank you for the reply.

So it seems that I ask all the questions, including occupation and income, only for the upgrade. When I did the downgrade myself earlier this year, I wasn't asked any questions.

So how many times have you done the upgrade/downgrade so far? Isn't it something that, if repeated, could piss Amex off?
    Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:59 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by Raffles
    There is something odd about DVLA. It has been taking Amex for over a year but some people always say they don't see it. Perhaps there are 2 different websites out there?
    Returning to this topic: I've just been trying to tax my car. There are now officially two websites. There's the traditional DVLA website (https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Ev...app/home/intro) and there's a new "beta" website (https://www.taxdisc.service.gov.uk/).

However, neither of them mentions Amex.

Calling the 0300 number gets you a recorded message which lists the forms of payment accepted. Likewise, the only credit cards that are accepted, as far as I could tell, are Mastercard and Visa.

So is the Amex payment route now dead?

Or is the Amex option perhaps only offered to those who are paying larger amounts of car tax?
    Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
    Originally Posted by Globaliser
    Or is the Amex option perhaps only offered to those who are paying larger amounts of car tax?
    I'd like to think that was the case.
    Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
    Returning to this topic: I've just been trying to tax my car. There are now officially two websites. There's the traditional DVLA website (https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Ev...app/home/intro) and there's a new "beta" website (https://www.taxdisc.service.gov.uk/).

However, neither of them mentions Amex.

Calling the 0300 number gets you a recorded message which lists the forms of payment accepted. Likewise, the only credit cards that are accepted, as far as I could tell, are Mastercard and Visa.

So is the Amex payment route now dead?

Just tried both and no amex option for me.....£180 tax
    Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Amb
    Sadly not. Just bought my 12 month tax disc for my Peugeot 407 for the very reasonable price of £485!!! Had to use my visa.

Brian
    Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:39 pm

Relatively speaking, how generous are the credit limits on new BAPP cards? I'd like to spend £10k to trigger the 2-4-1 in one transaction. I don't want to fork out £150 for the card only to find they've given me a meagre limit. (I know it's refundable, but I don't want the hassle)

If it helps, I've held an Amex PR Gold card since January, and Lloyds recently gave me a £7k limit on their Avios Rewards cards.
    Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
    Originally Posted by small em
    Relatively speaking, how generous are the credit limits on new BAPP cards? I'd like to spend £10k to trigger the 2-4-1 in one transaction. I don't want to fork out £150 for the card only to find they've given me a meagre limit. (I know it's refundable, but I don't want the hassle)

If it helps, I've held an Amex PR Gold card since January, and Lloyds recently gave me a £7k limit on their Avios Rewards cards.
    Based on my very limited experience, Amex seems to be more generous than banks so I'd say £10k limit should not be a problem for you.
    Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
    They're very good on credit limits from my experience. I started on £22k and then moved up to £50k which is the maximum permitted on the BA Amex. This was all relatively easy to do...
    Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:14 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
    That prompted me to check the file - they haven't increased my limit since last July. I used to get an auto-increase every 6 months. I shall speak to them! DYKWIA?
    Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
    Originally Posted by ringingup
    Are you based in the US?

As far as I know in the UK it can only be done over the phone.

Im in UK and i upgraded mine online
    Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
    How long does statement take to arrive?

So I've had my first month of spending, my first Avios have transferred to BA, and the automated phone service is telling me how much my direct debit will be (and the direct debit date will be 7th July) but I have no statement.

How long does the statement take to arrive after the end of the month?
    Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
    You can view it online but the paper statement 5-7 days
    Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
    Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
    You can view it online but the paper statement 5-7 days
    Can you view the actual statement (which has the total payable, etc)? All I can see is 'recent transactions'. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
    Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
    Yes you can when it is available. You would download the PDF
    Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:22 pm
    Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
    Originally Posted by NeverFirst
    Can you view the actual statement (which has the total payable, etc)? All I can see is 'recent transactions'. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
    Hi NeverFirst. When you log in you should see a hyperlink for "Download PDF Statement" below Pay Bill.

When you click on it you can immediately access the last 6 statements, they are pdf versions of the statement you receive in the post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.