Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL partner card rules question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Can we have a wikipost highlighting all the rules?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome Work2Travel333

And I shall add my welcome to you, Work2Travel333. Welcome to Flyertalk and in particular the BA board. It's great to see you here and since you must be a frequent traveller I would very much hope that you can continue to contribute to this resource which helps so many people (most, I suspect, are lurkers...).

Because this is a new benefit I think we are all learning on our feet here, just for once the BA staff have a (temporary!) advantage on FTers!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Hi Work2Travel333 and welcome to Flyertalk

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. After asking questions about this last week, I found some information on line that backed up what the chaps on here told me; that you should receive your first set of cards when you qualify and another set at the start of your new membership year. I've pasted the specific term below -

8.4. At the point of attaining Gold Guest List Membership, the Member will be able to nominate one individual to receive a discretionary British Airways Gold card and two individuals to each receive a discretionary British Airways Silver card. Members will be able to re-nominate their next set of partner cards at the beginning of their next membership year.

I think you have actually been misinformed, so would recommend that you get back in touch with the loyalty team and discuss it with them again. Have a look here for a full list of specific terms, which may help your case.
You could read this to refer to GGL membership year rather than BAEC membership year and I suspect that is what the BA staff are doing here. The other possibility is that the manual workaround to address the IT issue is giving the wrong idea about when the OP made his nominations.

BA seems to have gone to some effort to align both GGL membership years and BAEC membership years, presumably to simplify the programme and make it easier to administer. Which makes this an odd interpretation.

I would politely escalate this inconsistency which seems to fly in the face of everything else happening to BAEC and GGL. My own membership year coincides roughly with the introduction of the new referral capability in December so I assume however this is interpreted it won't impact me too heavily but others presumably will be impacted.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: GGLfL
GGL partner card rules question

To add to the confusion, I have now done a Silver card referral and that person's (Blue) EC account immediately upgraded to Silver with status running to 31 May 2015, yet my recent Gold card referral (to an existing SCH) only runs to 30 May 2014. Confused.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
To add to the confusion, I have now done a Silver card referral and that person's (Blue) EC account immediately upgraded to Silver with status running to 31 May 2015, yet my recent Gold card referral (to an existing SCH) only runs to 30 May 2014. Confused.
I think even under the old Gold referral scheme the expiry date didn't initially show correctly and took a week or 2 to adjust. Perhaps Gold referrals are slightly less automated at the back end?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC (GGL)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Hi Work2Travel333 and welcome to Flyertalk

8.4. At the point of attaining Gold Guest List Membership, the Member will be able to nominate one individual to receive a discretionary British Airways Gold card and two individuals to each receive a discretionary British Airways Silver card. Members will be able to re-nominate their next set of partner cards at the beginning of their next membership year.
Thanks for the specific reference to the T&C's Filthy Monkey. I have just sent BA an email quoting this paragraph and asking for definitive clarification on the rules. I will report back when I receive a response.

Thanks to everyone else for the welcome.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any news, Work2Travel333?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I gave out two silver and one gold partner cards in December. My new year started this month and I don't appear to have any new cards to give out.

Not desperate for them anyway at the moment so I'll leave it a few months and see what happens.

If one was to offer a partner card on coupon connection, what do you feel the value would be for each membership tier?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I'm a little confused too at the moment. I gave out my Gold Partner Card about 8 months ago (within my current membership year), before these new options came into play. Since the changes, I have given out one Silver card and therefore expected to have one Silver card left. When I check on ba.com, I appear to have one Gold card and one Silver card to give out. This would mean that I will be able to give out 2 x Gold cards in one year. Can this be right??
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I gave out two silver and one gold partner cards in December. My new year started this month and I don't appear to have any new cards to give out.

Not desperate for them anyway at the moment so I'll leave it a few months and see what happens.

If one was to offer a partner card on coupon connection, what do you feel the value would be for each membership tier?
Please let us know!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:17 am

Just to clarify, I also qualified for GGL mid way through last year like work2travel333.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup

This is the latest correspondence that I had with GGL last month:

"
Thank you again for your email. I have looked into the matter for you and it appears that in certain accounts we are having the same problem, our web support team are looking into the problem as a priority. If you would like to nominate anyone before the problem is resolved then please get in contact as we can action that on your behalf.

Regards
xxxx
British Airways Gold Guest List"
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I think even under the old Gold referral scheme the expiry date didn't initially show correctly and took a week or 2 to adjust. Perhaps Gold referrals are slightly less automated at the back end?
And as predicted, my Gold partner referral, who was initially given just a few months till HIS year end, had his Gold status extended automatically for another year, till the end of HIS next (not my) membership year end.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by BA6501
Please let us know!
Emailed the GGL team and received this reply:-

Thank you for your email.
As you qualified for Gold Guest List part way through your tracking year in Sept' 13 you were able to nominate your partner cards at that point.

Your Gold Guest List status will remain from your Mar tracking for 12 months but you will not be able to nominate further partner cards until after 08 Mar'15
so long as you attain Gold Guest List tier status for the following year.

Regards

So I responded quoting the t&c's paragraph 8.4 to which I received another email saying they would escalate to the loyalty team. That was three days ago and no response. I'll call them tomorrow if I remember.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Well to their response, but ^ to you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.