Wiki Posts
Search

GGL partner card rules question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by vibguy
You should definitely wait until after card expiry date to apply for the silver card otherwise it will expire already end Nov 2016!
I don't think that's right.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by golfmad
I actually got that problem when I nominated my wife for a Gold card. I nominated here after her tier point collection date and before the card expiry date and she got the card for just 1 year until the next card expiry date one year later. The year after I waited to nominate her until just after the card expiry date and she got the gold card for almost 2 years. Maybe BA was wrong, I did not complain anyway, I just thought that that was the rule.

Last edited by vibguy; Nov 4, 2015 at 7:59 am
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:22 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Sorry golfmad, but my and others experiences say that it's correct to wait until your current year has ended, if you want the status upgrade to last for two rather than one year.

bjorns
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bjorns
Sorry golfmad, but my and others experiences say that it's correct to wait until your current year has ended, if you want the status upgrade to last for two rather than one year.

bjorns
My TP collection year has ended on 8th Oct but my card year ends at the end of Nov. There is a chance I am flying in a couple of weeks so I was hoping it would be clear cut but if there is a risk, I will wait until December.

Ed
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I actually got that problem when I nominated my wife for a Gold card. I nominated here after her tier point collection date and before the card expiry date and she got the card for just 1 year until the next card expiry date one year later. The year after I waited to nominate her until just after the card expiry date and she got the gold card for almost 2 years. Maybe BA was wrong, I did not complain anyway, I just thought that that was the rule.
Originally Posted by bjorns

bjorns
Ok fair enough. I thought I understood it but obviously not
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
You've been sold a pup - if you look at the terms of partner card it says TP collection year. I was told same but after being on here went back and tried again quoting the Ts&Cs and it got sorted - will dig out link

Tadah (my bolding)- https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-list-benefits

8.3. On receipt of a satisfactory application form British Airways shall at its discretion issue to the Nominee a discretionary Silver/Gold Partner Card which will be valid for a minimum of 12 months from the date of issue. For Nominees who are existing Executive Club members, the discretionary British Airways Silver/Gold Card period shall begin from the date of acceptance by British Airways of the Nominee and last for the remainder of the Nominee’s existing Tier Point Collection Year and for the 12 month period thereafter. For Nominees who are not existing Executive Club members at time of nomination Silver/Gold Cards will be valid for a period of 12 months from the date of acceptance by British Airways of the Nominee.

Last edited by lorcancoyle; Nov 4, 2015 at 9:08 am
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
You've been sold a pup - if you look at the terms of partner card it says TP collection year. I was told same but after being on here went back and tried again quoting the Ts&Cs and it got sorted - will dig out link

Tadah (my bolding)- https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-list-benefits
Thanks! Very useful but unfortunately too late for me.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Refreshing this thread, I can see no mention of the Partner Cards in the T&C's anymore as listed here, https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions.

On this page, https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb, we have two statements: "Your nominees will receive a British Airways Executive Club Gold or Silver partner card for at least 12 months." but further down we have:

"Q. If I nominate an existing Executive Club Member to receive a Gold or Silver Executive Club partner card - how long will their tier status be valid for?
A. When you successfully nominate an individual who is already a Member of the Executive Club, their account will be updated immediately and their new tier status will remain valid for the remainder of their current membership year."

These seem contradictory. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Irish lad
Refreshing this thread, I can see no mention of the Partner Cards in the T&C's anymore as listed here, https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...and-conditions.

On this page, https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb, we have two statements: "Your nominees will receive a British Airways Executive Club Gold or Silver partner card for at least 12 months." but further down we have:

"Q. If I nominate an existing Executive Club Member to receive a Gold or Silver Executive Club partner card - how long will their tier status be valid for?
A. When you successfully nominate an individual who is already a Member of the Executive Club, their account will be updated immediately and their new tier status will remain valid for the remainder of their current membership year."

These seem contradictory. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
It's usually the current year and the next one. Hence if your year starts on Jan 8th, If you nominate in March 2017, the status will be valid in 2017 and 2018 (and actually 2 months of 2019 as your card expires 53 days after your year end.)
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:21 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I assume once I gift someone gold or silver, I can remove them from the friends and family? (knowing that any removals lock that option for 6 months)
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
To clarify - I nominated my wife for a Gold card on the 10th of the month (after her year ended but before her current card expired.

Her new status only showed as valid for a year, but an email to GGL got it confirmed they'd manually update it the following year. Sure enough her status dropped and I fired off an email and she was manually upgraded to Gold for another year without using another nomination.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Great so the consensus here is to only upgrade just after the CARD EXPIRY date (which is later than the tier point year end) to potentially get ~2 year benefit.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes if you want it to be automatic. Otherwise you can do it the first day of the new membership year, but you'll have to get in touch again a year later.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Not sure if this is the right thread and please excuse my lack of knowledge about BA in general although my handle may seem deceptive

Partner is halfway through membership year having used up GCH nomination with 2 SCH nominations left.

Can I be nominated as an SCH using one of the above quota, but be nominated again as (effectively upgraded to) GCH following my partner's GGL requalification later in the year (as in the new membership year)?

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance!

--
Also, This is off topic, but what are the chances of getting credited as revenue fare if flying on a GCH-issued V-class BA redemption when crediting to either BA or AAdv?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.