Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL partner card rules question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I entered the realms of GGL Nov 2014. Sir Crazyarmadillo now.....
I thought peerage came with CCR?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chris1979
I thought peerage came with CCR?
Knighthoods and baronets are not full peers, as you should know! I'm assuming GGL are baronets (and therefore Sir) so that Golds can get knighthoods, luckily I'm not in charge of this one.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:18 am

Duplicate
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:19 am

Thanks for everyone replies!

It took me all of two minutes to get my tags on my bags

Next stop CCR card , so watch out . I'm a lager drinker on the ground
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Knighthoods and baronets are not full peers, as you should know! I'm assuming GGL are baronets (and therefore Sir) so that Golds can get knighthoods, luckily I'm not in charge of this one.
true true. ^

I can put on the agenda for the next Privy Council meeting if we need to clarify or bump people up or down the ranks?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

Just a quick note to confirm that the Ts&Cs have been updated to clarify how the partner card process works. We are sorry for those who felt they were not clear so to confirm, a GGL Member can nominate their partner cards from the date they earn GGL. Their next set of partner cards would not be available for nomination until they have renewed at GGL (ie the first time you earn 3000 Tier Points after qualification). You will then receive the benefit each year upon renewal.

I hope this helps.

regards

Nicci
OK, so this is totally against what I was told on the GGL line this morning.

Agent: I see you still haven't used your partner nomination cards. Are you new to GGL?
Me: Yes.
Agent: Well make sure you use them before your year end in August as you'll get new ones then anyway.
Me: GGL redemptions (Jokers) as well?
Agent: Yes.

They also said the status would last for the remainder of the nominee's membership year and all of the following year.

So, to clarify, this is NOT the case?

I very nearly used my nominations today off the back of this call, so I'm glad I didn't if it's not true.

It sounds from this thread that I won't be getting new Jokers or partner cards in August, but only in August 2016 (subject to accruing 3000+TPs between Aug 15 and Aug16)?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Miles & More Gold, IHG Platinum, Starwood, Marriott, Hertz Presidents Circe
Here's a thought! What if you suffer with multiple personality disorder, could you nominate yourself again and again? lol
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Just confirming that there is no minimum TP requirement associated with the partner cards and that any GGL member will get them annually?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Dia
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

Just a quick note to confirm that the Ts&Cs have been updated to clarify how the partner card process works. We are sorry for those who felt they were not clear so to confirm, a GGL Member can nominate their partner cards from the date they earn GGL. Their next set of partner cards would not be available for nomination until they have renewed at GGL (ie the first time you earn 3000 Tier Points after qualification). You will then receive the benefit each year upon renewal.

I hope this helps.

regards

Nicci
OK, so this is totally against what I was told on the GGL line this morning.

Agent: I see you still haven't used your partner nomination cards. Are you new to GGL?
Me: Yes.
Agent: Well make sure you use them before your year end in August as you'll get new ones then anyway.
Me: GGL redemptions (Jokers) as well?
Agent: Yes.

They also said the status would last for the remainder of the nominee's membership year and all of the following year.

So, to clarify, this is NOT the case?

I very nearly used my nominations today off the back of this call, so I'm glad I didn't if it's not true.

It sounds from this thread that I won't be getting new Jokers or partner cards in August, but only in August 2016 (subject to accruing 3000+TPs between Aug 15 and Aug16)?
Correct, I was told the same thing by the GGL line but was not correct and did not happen.
Nicci is correct.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
My membership year renewed on the 8th March and my 'nominate partner card' page is blank with no link to enter someone to nominate?? Last year I did it online.

I emailed GGL and they are doing a manual nomination for me. Anyone else unable to nominate online now?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I also received an email from BAEC telling me I'd receive an "opportunity to nominate someone for a Gold card at 4500TPs."...

Come on BA, this is getting a bit Laurel and Hardy.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
I also have not yet had the Online links re-enabled I called the GGL line after some hold time the agent told me it is linked to my membership card date and not the actual date of the my cutover.

So I will know if that is correct in April
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I also received an email from BAEC telling me I'd receive an "opportunity to nominate someone for a Gold card at 4500TPs."...

Come on BA, this is getting a bit Laurel and Hardy.
So is there a 4500 TP minimum?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sts603
So is there a 4500 TP minimum?
No. That's Probably a gremlin from the days when the Partner Card was a Gold benefit that was earned at 4500 TPs (when it was a single Silver Partner Card for Gold Card Holders or a Gold Partner Card for GGLs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.