Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL partner card rules question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: BA GGL
Incidentally, LoM, how long did it take to receive your CCR card and what did you do for access in the meantime?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Incidentally, LoM, how long did it take to receive your CCR card and what did you do for access in the meantime?
It can take anything from a few days to several weeks. If you have a trip through LHR in the meantime call the GGL Line and they will ensure your name is put on the Door List to allow you access.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:30 am

Fab, thanks for the tip. I will do ^
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:39 am

If everything resets with my BAEC membership year, does that mean I'll also get two more jokers in April when my new year starts, on top of the two I get in March for hitting 5,000 points, or is that just wishful thinking?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If everything resets with my BAEC membership year, does that mean I'll also get two more jokers in April when my new year starts, on top of the two I get in March for hitting 5,000 points, or is that just wishful thinking?
Yes you get another 2 with your new year but any jokers you haven't booked will expire. Slightly different rules apply to the 6k TP joker (1 year from date of earning) and indeed the optional jokers at 7, 8 and 9k.

My card arrives within a week of hitting re-qualification, but it's quite boring as cards go. The door list (in a binder) is supposed to be updated automatically but probably I would call if you had not yet got the card. On that occasion only, you would be best to enter from the Flounge side, it avoids a slightly embarrasing shuffle since they don't always have an up to date copy at the pulpit by the secret door.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:13 am

Thanks, CWS. So I guess it's worth making a couple of bookings, just for the sake of using them, before my membership year ends? What would then happen if I cancelled or changed one of those bookings after the start of the new year? Would I lose that joker?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
It showed up about a fortnight or so after my status updated. GGL will tell you that they will add your name to the list but I am unconvinced whether this list has been updated since T5 was built.

The best way is to call GGL and have them note in your ticket record that you are waiting for the physical card. The front desk can then see this and the white door gatekeeper will let you pass if you explain the situation.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks, CWS. So I guess it's worth making a couple of bookings, just for the sake of using them, before my membership year ends? What would then happen if I cancelled or changed one of those bookings after the start of the new year? Would I lose that joker?
I would certainly use it rather than lose it, I have a feeling it's a one time use, you can't endlessly rebook services, but doubtless GGL will help out if there was a genuinely pleadable case. Frankly at that level you may struggle to use them, I certainly do, there are only so many days in a year.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
It showed up about a fortnight or so after my status updated. GGL will tell you that they will add your name to the list but I am unconvinced whether this list has been updated since T5 was built.

The best way is to call GGL and have them note in your ticket record that you are waiting for the physical card. The front desk can then see this and the white door gatekeeper will let you pass if you explain the situation.
Thanks, LoM. I'll do that.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would certainly use it rather than lose it, I have a feeling it's a one time use, you can't endlessly rebook services, but doubtless GGL will help out if there was a genuinely pleadable case. Frankly at that level you may struggle to use them, I certainly do, there are only so many days in a year.
Funnily enough, I was thinking exactly that! Still, I'm sure my girlfriend won't complain about a couple of long weekends in F somewhere
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I understood that you could change a jokered booking and keep the joker advantage but I have never tried this myself. As a 2 GGL household we are never really short of jokers.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC (GGL)
Just thought I would share my recent experience of the new GGL partner card allocations.

I joined BAEC in February 2012 (giving me a membership year end of 8 February 2013). I collected 3200 Tier points in my first year and passed the 3000 threshold in October 2013 in my second membership year and thus qualifying for GGL under the 2 consecutive years at 3000 Tier points rule. Thanks to the knowledge gained here on FT (I am constantly in awe of the collective wisdom of this board), I knew there was a glitch that wouldn't automatically recognise my new GGL qualification as I went from Blue to Gold in my first membership year. A few phone calls to the Gold line sorted this (and BA.com/WellDone duly submitted for the great customer service received).

In November 2013 there was the introduction of the fantastic new benefit of gifting one Gold and two Silver partner cards for GGL members. I have a Household Account on BAEC and for whatever reason, I can not create a Friends and Family list (continuing IT glitch on my account). I called the GGL line, who were able to manually allocate my chosen nominees their partner cards. This allocation was then reflected under the 'Executive Club partner card' section of my online account.

Fast forward to February 2014 and my new membership year (bearing in mind I only qualified for GGL in October 2013). I called the GGL line on 15th February to enquire whether I would receive a new set of partner cards to allocate with the commencement of my new membership year. After a brief moment on hold, this was confirmed. Giving some thought to who in my group of friends and family would most benefit, I gave their EC details to the GGL team. I called up this morning to check on the progress and the response was somewhat disappointing. The request had gone through to the loyalty team, who have stated that I was mis-informed and will not be getting a new set of partner card allocations until my next membership year (February 2015, assuming I requalify). I completely understand this decision, given that I only qualified for GGL part way through my previous membership year. The wonderful agent was very sympathetic and agreed that this was inconsistent with what they understood were the rules, but the decision of the loyalty team could not be changed.

I remain grateful for the many benefits of GGL, but wanted to contribute this to the discussion.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA; SQ; Hyatt; Hilton
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I understood that you could change a jokered booking and keep the joker advantage but I have never tried this myself. As a 2 GGL household we are never really short of jokers.
I've certainly done that, but I don't think you have a right to do so. If you were no longer GGL at the time of the change, it might be less easy?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Work2Travel333
I remain grateful for the many benefits of GGL, but wanted to contribute this to the discussion.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?
Welcome to FT - interesting experience for your first post. Have to say that I had understood (and sought confirmation here too) that rules were as you thought. Maybe it's a glitch because of the manual intervention previously, as others have been able to do it with the online tool.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC (GGL)
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Maybe it's a glitch because of the manual intervention previously, as others have been able to do it with the online tool.
Thanks for the welcome lorcancoyle. The loyalty team said that as I had only qualified for GGL part way through last year that the partner cards can only be allocated once between first qualification and the end of the subsequent membership year. This wouldn't be an issue for a recurring GGL member. I agree that the IT glitch may have something to do with it too. Apparently there are a few BAEC accounts with issues relating to Friends and Family lists (and in turn, partner card allocations). I'm sure the IT team have more projects on their to do list first though!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:37 pm

Hi Work2Travel333 and welcome to Flyertalk

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. After asking questions about this last week, I found some information on line that backed up what the chaps on here told me; that you should receive your first set of cards when you qualify and another set at the start of your new membership year. I've pasted the specific term below -

8.4. At the point of attaining Gold Guest List Membership, the Member will be able to nominate one individual to receive a discretionary British Airways Gold card and two individuals to each receive a discretionary British Airways Silver card. Members will be able to re-nominate their next set of partner cards at the beginning of their next membership year.

I think you have actually been misinformed, so would recommend that you get back in touch with the loyalty team and discuss it with them again. Have a look here for a full list of specific terms, which may help your case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.