Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WW "airlines to go bust"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Only in Dutch for now - https://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/lucht.../10493393.html (or archived at https://archive.ph/gd2RE)
BearX220 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by BearX220
Source / link? I knew they were struggling but can search up nothing to support this.
Belgian newspapers and TV reporting it - links on twitter if you just search the name
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Originally Posted by BearX220
Source / link? I knew they were struggling but can search up nothing to support this.
There's quite an interesting article at https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-belgium/air-belgium-is-cancelling-all-scheduled-passenger-flights-to-focus-on-acmi-and-freight/ Possibly the relevant bit for the BA wet lease to ORD is "Cargo and ACMI (passenger and cargo - i.e. wetlease) activities will continue as a going concern through the duration of the proceedings and beyond, the aim being to be able to strengthen these two lines of business in the future." (My italics)
BearX220 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by superscot
Possibly the relevant bit for the BA wet lease to ORD is "Cargo and ACMI (passenger and cargo - i.e. wetlease) activities will continue..." (My italics)
Thank you everyone. The current BA/KF arrangement for ORD has another two months to run.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Always sad to read these reports.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Air Belgium has asked the courts for insolvency protection against creditors.
They will stop / have stopped all scheduled passenger flights but want to continue with charter and cargo.
Doing a simple google search and under news, it seems this has been looming for some time, with talks about refinancing, avoiding bankruptcy etc back in 2022. Whilst sad for all employees should this play out that way, it looks like it's been on the cards for a while. The pandemic is probably still a healing wound for many businesses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.